Midwest (Chicago, Milwaukee, etc.) salaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yadster101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I had a question about salaries close to cities in the Mid-west. I don't mean directly in the city because I know those salaries tend to be low. I'd like to know salaries that are in the suburban areas which are typically ~1 hr or more outside the city. I'm interested in going into out pt family med, no OB, no ER, and I'd like to work 40-50 hours a week as an employee. I'd like to use this info to get an idea of how much time it will take to pay off my debt.

I know there's a lot of info on this forum about salaries in rural areas but the salary info for cities seems to be really wired. I've read people say that you should expect 300k while others have said you should expect 130k. Getting info from you that are actually in the field would be awesome!

Members don't see this ad.

There's no reason why you couldn't make 250k starting working 40hr/wk. You've been through 4 years college + 4 years med school + 3 years residency. Medical students are top achievers. Why do you think they are working so hard/going through so much debt?