Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2016)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for all the info DSS65!! i will definitely keep those things in mind!!! i am going over all the questions from student doctor network for midwestern university right now!!

Hi chemwhiz,
Where can I find the questions for midwestern university on student doctor?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Chemwhiz, CONGRATS! :D
In terms of tips, DSS65 pretty much nailed it on the head. Relax and be yourself.

Surprisingly, the interview process for MWU isn't as stressful as you'd think. I personally liked the stress-free of the interview because everyone in my group added and turned each answer into their OWN.

I remember one question was "What have you done to prepare yourself for pharmacy school?"
One said "for the PCAT, I locked myself into my room and just study or get down to business"
Another said "go to work and take advantage of the resources there by asking questions"
haha I said, "GET EXCITED! Getting enthusiastic and eager to learn" cheesy.

Interviewers asked 3-5 questions I believe?
Students asked interviewers 1-2 questions each.
First question is "name, where you're from, major" type
Lunch (free) is at 12:00pm-1:00pm after the tour. Tour and lunch is optional.

DSS65, who are you?? :)

Thanks JKong.

Hi chemwhiz,
Where can I find the questions for midwestern university on student doctor?

Scroll all the way up until you can see the blue bar that has the 'sdn' logo. On that blue bar, click on 'interview feedback'. Click on 'all schools', then choose 'pharmacy schools' in the resulting scrolldown menu. Midwestern Chicago should be in the results.

Members don't see this ad :)
I gotta say, looking at the interview feedback section, looks like students have a few beefs, both with the interview process (too unregulated with group answers, not enough info given, etc) and with the school itself (classes have upwards of 300 students, you're put in a group of about 5 others for 4 years and you can't swap for any reason, bad internet, meh town, etc).

hey JKong,
THanks for the tips!! i will always be counting on you for any info regarding this school...lol so howz pharm skool?? more specific....howz midwestern???

You're sweet :)
Pharmacy school isn't too bad. We just had exam #2 for biochemistry this morning at 7:30am (UGH). We get exams every 2-3 days on 5-6 one-hour lectures. So far all multiple choice formatted exams, so it's not crazy. I heard first year is the easiest though so don't think it's cake just yet. The school pretty much provides the notes for the class so you just gotta highlight and learn what the professor talks about in class.

The trees are changing colors and leaves are falling. Makes it harder to spot the green turds those damn geese are laying on the sidewalk.

There's a lot of organizations for the pharmacy students. We are the majority population in the school (last program to finish our White Coat Ceremony). A lot of people join multiple orgs and hold multiple leadership positions. :thumbup:

I gotta say, looking at the interview feedback section, looks like students have a few beefs, both with the interview process (too unregulated with group answers, not enough info given, etc) and with the school itself (classes have upwards of 300 students, you're put in a group of about 5 others for 4 years and you can't swap for any reason, bad internet, meh town, etc).

Our class is 200+ and we're placed in groups of 10. In this group, we get an advisor who overlooks our reflective portfolios which is required by APCE on the school. In class, they'll split us in half and complete workshops together, which is discussions or whatever your undergrad called them where you do worksheets. I personally love my group because we're on top of it and we have an awesome advisor. Some groups are not so lucky though I've heard.

Internet is decent for normal browsing etc. Not sure how much bandwidth you want but I can Hulu and download stuff just fine.

The town isn't spectacular but I do like how there is a major shopping center nearby (less than 1 min drive). Coming from La Jolla/San Diego, I can deal. Not fantastic but it's comfortable and safe. (security presence is almost too much but they're super nice and chill here. I actually really like them.)

Our class is 200+ and we're placed in groups of 10. In this group, we get an advisor who overlooks our reflective portfolios which is required by APCE on the school. In class, they'll split us in half and complete workshops together, which is discussions or whatever your undergrad called them where you do worksheets. I personally love my group because we're on top of it and we have an awesome advisor. Some groups are not so lucky though I've heard.

Internet is decent for normal browsing etc. Not sure how much bandwidth you want but I can Hulu and download stuff just fine.

The town isn't spectacular but I do like how there is a major shopping center nearby (less than 1 min drive). Coming from La Jolla/San Diego, I can deal. Not fantastic but it's comfortable and safe. (security presence is almost too much but they're super nice and chill here. I actually really like them.)

Oh, thats good to hear! I wasn't really worried about the 'slowness' of the town, since I went to UC Santa Cruz for undergrad, and Santa Cruz was a pretty small (albeit quirky) place. It would be cool to go to school in suburbia rather than a forest :p

The class sizes (I heard you guys share classes with the medical students) and the 'rigidity' of the groups/policies was what I was worried about.

they just added another day of interview! i scheduled mine on november 9th!!

I was offered Oct 14 and Nov 9th. (lol I guess Oct 14 is still available.) I can't do either. Did they notify you when another day of interview was added or did you have to check online?

I was offered Oct 14 and Nov 9th. (lol I guess Oct 14 is still available.) I can't do either. Did they notify you when another day of interview was added or did you have to check online?

they'll send an email, when more dates are available

oh nice....i like that....they kinda have things a little easier for the first year so you get accustomed with the system before things get harder!! i really like that small town feel....near the school...where they have this cute little coffee shop, small shopping center etc...personally i feel..i could focus better there!!
Hey i was wondering since ur from Cali.....when they asked you the reason why you chose midwestern...what was ur answer???

Alright everybody!! so who all are interviewing on the 14th of October at Downers Grove??

Nice!!! 1 response already!! hye345...so you from Chicago??? hey by the way did you find the questions???

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be there too :) My first interview.

ooooh nice!!!! mine toooo!!! my hands are freezing cold right now...even thinking about it!! hey so did you go over the questions on sdn?? i posted a link above!!!

Nice!!! 1 response already!! hye345...so you from Chicago??? hey by the way did you find the questions???

Na, I'm from Southern California. Can't wait for the plane ride :( At least it will be shorter than the ride to Vermont haha

ooooh nice!!!! mine toooo!!! my hands are freezing cold right now...even thinking about it!! hey so did you go over the questions on sdn?? i posted a link above!!!

Yeah I did. I just hope I won't end up having the same answers as the other interviewees in my group. This is my first group interview too so I'm a bit nervous.

Cold already huh lol. I checked the weather forecast for Thurs and Fri in Downer's Grove. It's supposed to rain on Thurs and it'll be windy on Friday. High temp in the 60s with lows in the 40s. At least we don't have to brave the snow (yet). I'm from Southern CA so I hope I can deal with it.

Yeah I did. I just hope I won't end up having the same answers as the other interviewees in my group. This is my first group interview too so I'm a bit nervous.

Cold already huh lol. I checked the weather forecast for Thurs and Fri in Downer's Grove. It's supposed to rain on Thurs and it'll be windy on Friday. High temp in the 60s with lows in the 40s. At least we don't have to brave the snow (yet). I'm from Southern CA so I hope I can deal with it.

I'm also from So-cal, but im gonna do my interview later in November. Let me know how it goes, especially with the weather!

So many Californians here. Since you're interviewing in November, it should be cooler. But since we may end up going there for school for the next 4 yrs, we might as well get used to it lol. We're so spoiled by CA weather.

So many Californians here. Since you're interviewing in November, it should be cooler. But since we may end up going there for school for the next 4 yrs, we might as well get used to it lol. We're so spoiled by CA weather.

hopefully haha. I'm gonna miss the cali weather if I go there

Oh, thats good to hear! I wasn't really worried about the 'slowness' of the town, since I went to UC Santa Cruz for undergrad, and Santa Cruz was a pretty small (albeit quirky) place. It would be cool to go to school in suburbia rather than a forest :p

The class sizes (I heard you guys share classes with the medical students) and the 'rigidity' of the groups/policies was what I was worried about.

Right now we have 1.5 classes with other students (Biochemistry and "core") The 0.5 is for core, which is an online iTunes-type of class where you see what each profession does (ie. physician assistant, physical therapy, DO, psychologist, pharmacist, etc).

Yea you're "stuck" with your group but if you have a good set of people, it's great. There really isn't a huge emphasis on group work, I think it just makes it easier administratively speaking :p

Random, but behind the gym and Pines Apartments, my friends and I saw DEER in the nearby "woods". Its not really woods because past the gate is a suburban road with really nice baller houses and a nice neighborhood. DEER! Two of them were standing there when we were out for our run around campus.

oh nice....i like that....they kinda have things a little easier for the first year so you get accustomed with the system before things get harder!! i really like that small town feel....near the school...where they have this cute little coffee shop, small shopping center etc...personally i feel..i could focus better there!!
Hey i was wondering since ur from Cali.....when they asked you the reason why you chose midwestern...what was ur answer???

I wish there were more coffee shops nearby like Caribou / Starbucks. :( But they do have Souplantation (aka Sweet Tomatoes), Jimmy Johns, Buca Di Beppo, Rock Bottom, RA Sushi... less than 1 mi away.

Why Midwestern...If I remember, it went something like...
"Because its been accredited and established for 20 years and well known for it's academic excellence. Friends have attended the pharmacy school here and have nothing but praises. Co-workers and pharmacists have heard of Midwestern University."

There are SO MANY CALIFORNIANS here! Mostly from UCI, UCLA, and UCSD. A LOT of us are from LA county. At least... those of us pledging and from talking to the actives of Rho Pi Phi (one of three pharmacy fraternities; second largest)

Lunch Menu for Oct 14

Breakfast: Lorraine Omelet with Bacon, Swiss, Spinach and Onions
Soup: Beef, Cabbage and Rice with Crackers
Exhibition: Taco/Nacho/ Taco Salad Bar with Chicken or Beef,
Spanish Rice, Refried Beans, Sour Cream, Salsa and More!
Pizza: Bacon, Spinach and Mozzarella
Deli: BBQ Chicken and Roasted Corn Wrap
Entrée: Beef Stew Served in a Bread Bowl
Grill: Breaded Whitefish Hoagie

Weather of Oct 10: Sunny and warm (70s) It seriously feels like nice CA weather lately.
Thursday projected: thunderstorms (60s)
Friday projected: windy (60s)

Last edited:
Scroll all the way up until you can see the blue bar that has the 'sdn' logo. On that blue bar, click on 'interview feedback'. Click on 'all schools', then choose 'pharmacy schools' in the resulting scrolldown menu. Midwestern Chicago should be in the results.

Thanks hye345.

It seems like everybody is from Cali. Why? Is the pharmacy career encouraged there or what? What are the secretes to your dominance in the Pharmacy schools? They fill up all the schools in California and still have enough students to dominate schools in other programs as far as the midwest chicago. I believe Cali has the most pre-pharm students in the nation. And their PCAT are always in the 90's, such that, even those who had 80's always feel they didn't perform well until they take it again to be among the 90's too. Not to talk about their GPA's most Cali people here talks about 3.8 and above. To be honest you guys make the rest of us very nervous.
Please Cali people what's the secrete here? Do you guys have some special couselling for pharmacy school right from elementary school in your state or what?
For real, check all the schools' demographics, if it is not in california, the most students are the in-state, then california all the time. Man I'm damn nervous. I know come interview time it will all be Cali. I know they will be coming in with insane stats. Talk about more than 3years in pharmacy field or research, masters and residencies in chem/biochem.
By the way, I'm not mad though, You guys have been very helpful. It keeps the rest of us aware not to be complacent, but be mindful of the huge challenges and how competitive the program is.
At the end, It's all about being amicable.

Last edited:
It seems like everybody is from Cali. Why? Is the pharmacy career encouraged there or what? What are the secretes to your dominance in the Pharmacy schools? They fill up all the schools in California and still have enough students to dominate schools in other programs as far as the midwest chicago. I believe Cali has the most pre-pharm students in the nation. And their PCAT are always in the 90's, such that, even those who had 80's always feel they didn't perform well until they take it again to be among the 90's too. Not to talk about their GPA's most Cali people here talks about 3.8 and above. To be honest you guys make the rest of us very nervous.
Please Cali people what's the secrete here? Do you guys have some special couselling for pharmacy school right from elementary school in your state or what?
For real, check all the schools' demographics, if it is not in california, the most students are the in-state, then california all the time. Man I'm damn nervous. I know come interview time it will all be Cali. I know they will be coming in with insane stats. Talk about more than 3years in pharmacy field or research, masters and residencies in chem/biochem.
By the way, I'm not mad though, You guys have been very helpful. It keeps the rest of us aware not to be complacent, but be mindful of the huge challenges and how competitive the program is.

Well, if you look at the stats of how much pharmacists make throughout the nation, the average salary is approx $70,000-$80,000. But in California, the average pharmacist makes $100,000-$110,000. This comes along with a higher cost of living, but if you compare those salaries, it's no wonder that so many people in California want to be pharmacists. As for the competitiveness of California candidates, this most likely extends from the fact that most University of California schools are top rated in the nation, thus producing these types of candidates. Everyone is so cut throat at my school (UCLA), so I have to be cut throat also. :(

But seriously, don't worry guys--there are schools out there that give preference to their own state students, making us Californians worried about going out of state too. :)

haha...hey true that!! i guess am the only other not from cali!!! H-Town in the house people!!! ya'll are gonna miss cali weather fo sho!!!!

Lunch Menu for Oct 14

Breakfast: Lorraine Omelet with Bacon, Swiss, Spinach and Onions
Soup: Beef, Cabbage and Rice with Crackers
Exhibition: Taco/Nacho/ Taco Salad Bar with Chicken or Beef,
Spanish Rice, Refried Beans, Sour Cream, Salsa and More!
Pizza: Bacon, Spinach and Mozzarella
Deli: BBQ Chicken and Roasted Corn Wrap
Entrée: Beef Stew Served in a Bread Bowl
Grill: Breaded Whitefish Hoagie

Weather of Oct 10: Sunny and warm (70s) It seriously feels like nice CA weather lately.
Thursday projected: thunderstorms (60s)
Friday projected: windy (60s)
Jkong,

Thats really nice of you!! you are watching out for ur peers!! haha....u even posted the menu!! the food sounds pretty good....but i don't understand some folks complaining about this!! Anyways...appreciate all your help....and if you have free time on friday the 14th, you should come meet us all and eat lunch with us after our interview!!

I think thats bit of a generalization. Not everyone from Cali is like that. My stats are not that great and I'm applying out of state because I couldn't get into the programs in Cali. I do agree that some of the UCs here are really cut-throat and produce really competitive candidates by default. On the other hands some UCs are more laid back. I think it is kind of comforting that there are a lot other Californians applying out of state because at least we can all relate a little better and suffer in the cold together and talk about how much we're gonna miss Cali haha :p

Here is my take on everything that's being talked about. Again this is my OPINION. Feel free to agree or disagree, but let's not be unprofessional about it. If you don't like long posts, turn away now. If you DO like long posts, keep on reading :)

First off - yes, there is an INSANE amount of California people here at Midwestern. Out of our class of 215, I'd have to say there's about ~40 Californians here. In the second year class, that number has to be around that same area also, if not more. Even the president of Midwestern has stated, "Man, I don't know why so many of you California people are coming here every year."

On the same token, there's a lot of people of Middle Eastern descent also. There's probably even more Middle Eastern people than there are California people. At the same time, California people is almost synonymous with "Asians." If you're Asian, 99% of the time you're from California in terms of being a pharmacy student at Midwestern (I wanna make that clear).

Bottom line - I personally don't think that California "breeds" pharmacy students per se. I think ethnicity actually is more of a factor than anything else into being a pharmacy student. It just so happens that almost all of the Asians are from California in terms of being a pharmacy student at Midwestern.

amicable7 - of all of the California people that I talked to, the typical response to "Why Midwestern?" is basically "Because I didn't get accepted into any California school" which kinda leads into the second most typical response: "Because I didn't get accept anywhere else." Secondly, not all Californians come in with insane stats. In fact, a lot of the California students that I've talked to aren't impressive at all. To me, they almost seem run-of-the-mill. Even if they do have insane stats, that by far doesn't mean that you won't get accepted. I came in with HORRIBLE stats and I was still able to beat out the "California-bred" pre-pharmacy students.

Well, if you look at the stats of how much pharmacists make throughout the nation, the average salary is approx $70,000-$80,000. But in California, the average pharmacist makes $100,000-$110,000. This comes along with a higher cost of living, but if you compare those salaries, it's no wonder that so many people in California want to be pharmacists. As for the competitiveness of California candidates, this most likely extends from the fact that most University of California schools are top rated in the nation, thus producing these types of candidates. Everyone is so cut throat at my school (UCLA), so I have to be cut throat also. :(

Actually, if you look at the stats, the average salary of pharmacists nationwide is around $105,000. Therefore, assuming that the average California pharmacist salary actually IS $100,000-$110,000, there's no extra benefit to being a pharmacist in California. I've never heard of anyone going out and saying in particular, "I REALLY wanna be a pharmacist in California because I get paid more!" It's more of just convenience than anything else. As a matter of fact, saturation in California in terms of the pharmacist job market is SO BAD, pharmacists will maybe receive paycuts to pay for the excess amount of pharmacists coming in. Either that, or people can't find jobs in California period. I have a whole bunch of friends at UoP and they're having a horrible time finding jobs.

In terms of top rated California pharmacy schools, there's not many top schools in California, especially not "most". I know all about UCSF - they're the undisputed best pharmacy school in the nation, I'm not gonna lie about that. Other than USCF, California only has 1 school in the top 30 rated pharmacy schools. Considering that California has the most pharmacy schools per state in the nation (7, tied with Texas, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and New York) along with the bunch of sprouting new pharmacy schools that are popping up in California, I wouldn't consider that ratio to be too impressive.

Those are legitimate concerns, mainly because those were my exact concerns coming into Midwestern. I'll be the first to say that the group interview is definitely unique. Like I've said, people love it, people hate it. You have to remember though that while looking at the feedback section, you're only reading through the bad things that disgruntled people post, and more often than not, they're just nitpicking. So take everything with a grain of salt - even my post. Also, since you'll be in school with other professional students (med student, dental students, etc), classes will overlap. Therefore, you'll be mixed into the same classes (mainly Biochem). Honestly, it's not that different, or even different at all, from lectures with pharm+med students versus pharm students only. It's a lecture class - we've all been there.

The groups you're placed in (They're called "Advisory groups" - they're assigned during orientation), yes - I'm not gonna lie - there's the possibility of causing problems. However, more often than not, problems don't occur. If anything, the exact opposite happens. It's not unusual to hear that you'll be making really good friends through your advisory groups. If there's a very serious problem, then ask somebody (Most likely the Dean of Students) and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you out.

Internet's fine. I've been watching my Hulu and YouTube just fine. The town CAN be "meh", but depends on your cup of tea. To me, it's very "Hometown, USA" but I like it that way. At the same time, there's a LOT of things very close by, as mentioned by JKong. And if anything, one of the biggest and busiest cities in the US is only 30 minutes away. That's Chicago, if you didn't know already.

One thing that I really don't like about Midwestern, though, is the food. Or lack thereof, in my opinion. Let me get this straight - the cafeteria isn't bad. I've had a lot worse. However, there's definitely a lot of room for improvement. JKong has been posting the daily menus for when you guys have your interviews, and it's not like they're lying about it. That's the actual menu for that day. However, portion size is pretty bad. It's not uncommon for me to get my plate and be like, "Really? That's it?" The cafeteria workers aren't the friendliest group in the world. They're all of Hispanic descent (I'm not racist - that's just the truth) and it almost seems like they have a scowl on their face every time I walk in. Space is also an issue. In terms of the sitting/dining area, there's TONS of space. The area where you actually get your food, there can be problems. When the lunchtime rush hits, you'd have to squeeze your way through all of the students and the line for paying for the food can be as long as 10 minutes. Remember, however, that this is just one aspect of Midwestern.

Other than that, I'm loving Midwestern. I really really am, and I'm not just saying that. People are nice, and the campus is nice, safe, and homey. The "cut-throat-ness" of other schools is almost non-existant here. I've heard a lot of people coming from the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC, a really close pharmacy school, our unofficial sister school) who are SOOOOOO glad they chose Midwestern. At the moment, all of the pharmacy fraternities are having their own pledging processes and games going on, and it brings a smile to my face everytime seeing someone scream in agony when they get killed or when someone turns into a zombie, or seeing people wear mismatching socks. There's lots of athletic stuff going on too. I'm totally having fun here.

Whew, that was long. I hope that was somewhat of a help for you guys. As usual, don't hesitate or be shy to respond to me or send me a PM. I'm here to help, and I'm more than glad to help, considering that I was one of you guys not too long ago.

DSS65, who are you?? :)

That's for me to know and for you to find out :D

Last edited:
DSS65, thanks that was really helpful!

My theory as to why there seems to be a lot of Californian pharmacy applicants/students in others states:
  1. We have 37 million people, but only 8 pharmacy schools. So in a sense, its not so much that students from California inherently more cut-throat or smarter, but those who are actually able to get into any of these schools are usually the cream of the crop out of necessity. The rest of us (myself included :mad:) need to hedge our bets.
  2. California is a very expensive state to live in, so many applicants want to apply to (or maybe even eventually live in) an area of the country where the cost of living is lower.
  3. California is a very saturated market for pharmacists these days, so anyone who wants to stay here/come back here after graduation will have a much harder time finding work than they otherwise would.
  4. This last reason might be more particular to me, but I could do without the weather here... FYI, California Sunshine = heat wave most of the time :p

Ok, so who else is staying at the Comfort Inn at Downers Grove tonight?

Ok, so who else is staying at the Comfort Inn at Downers Grove tonight?

How was the interview? I think it was pretty laid back. They have an awesome campus. Everybody seem professional.

So yeah, how was the interview guys? :p How was everything? Campus, food, environment, people, etc etc...

So yeah, how was the interview guys? :p How was everything? Campus, food, environment, people, etc etc...

It was pretty cool, another applicant and myself arrived about 1 hour before the scheduled time, but we found out we weren't early... about 10 others had already arrived :p

The other applicants were all very friendly, we talked, laughed, cried (almost :p). After an intro presentation or two, we were split up into groups of 6, and 3 groups went to do group interviews while the other 3 did a writing sample, then we switched.

The interview was more or less relaxed: no chaos, no one jumping to speak first, very civilized. Though I felt that the faculty interviewers could have commented more on what we said, instead of just writing down comments...

Then we were given a tour of the campus. It was very scenic, very green (lots of lawns). The buildings looked very new, and the whole campus looked well-kept.

Finally, the free lunch... I realize that since it was free, we couldn't really complain, but even it was paid for, the food was still decent (though the selection could have been better).

All in all, a fun experience.

It was pretty cool, another applicant and myself arrived about 1 hour before the scheduled time, but we found out we weren't early... about 10 others had already arrived :p

The other applicants were all very friendly, we talked, laughed, cried (almost :p). After an intro presentation or two, we were split up into groups of 6, and 3 groups went to do group interviews while the other 3 did a writing sample, then we switched.

The interview was more or less relaxed: no chaos, no one jumping to speak first, very civilized. Though I felt that the faculty interviewers could have commented more on what we said, instead of just writing down comments...

Then we were given a tour of the campus. It was very scenic, very green (lots of lawns). The buildings looked very new, and the whole campus looked well-kept.

Finally, the free lunch... I realize that since it was free, we couldn't really complain, but even it was paid for, the food was still decent (though the selection could have been better).

good to hear, i cant wait for my interview!!

anyone doing the nov. 9th interview?? just got the invite!! so excited! first interview for me :)

Do you really think it is going to take them 5 weeks to get back to us with the results of the interview?? i think it might be earlier!!! Do you have any idea how the students are going to be selected?? i felt like everybody who came to the interview were very knowledgeable!! i hope they accept the whole interview group.....it was a lot of fun that dayyy!!!

Do you really think it is going to take them 5 weeks to get back to us with the results of the interview?? i think it might be earlier!!! Do you have any idea how the students are going to be selected?? i felt like everybody who came to the interview were very knowledgeable!! i hope they accept the whole interview group.....it was a lot of fun that dayyy!!!

Well, they said that the admissions committee meets once a month, and you gotta consider that they already had another interview session back in late September. The pharmcas website says that they start reviewing applicants in October, so maybe they have one in October, one in November, etc... I guess it depends on when the 'cycle' starts? The part I don't like is how we won't be notified over email...

I'm not sure how the students are selected, there just seems to be a lot of variables... the actual application (which includes grades, LOR's, etc...), PCAT, interview (I don't think mine went too smoothly :(), writing sample...

I hope that they accept everyone, but I seriously doubt that will happen. People will either be accepted, or placed on the waitlist in my opinion. I don't think anyone will be outright rejected...

My acceptance process was a little weird. I interviewed on a Friday, and I was notified about my acceptance the following Tuesday (4 days after my interview.) I've heard stories about not having to wait the entire 4-5 weeks to hear - I'd say maybe 2-3 weeks or so? But I think my case, for whatever reason, was special. I mean, 4 days for an acceptance? That's uncanny, even for me. Treat my case as the exception rather than the norm.

I personally got notified through e-mail, although I wasn't directly told if I was accepted or not. All I received was "The CCP Admissions Committee has met and a decision has been made on your application. Log into your MWU account and view your update." And even then, all it said was "Accepted Student Checklist." So I just figured I got accepted, but I wasn't even 100% sure. I didn't get the actual acceptance letter until about 6 weeks after the interview.

The selection process is probably extremely similar to any other pharmacy school with the PCAT involved, as hye345 said - Grades, LoRs, PCAT, Interview, Written Sample, etc etc. Think about it this way - if YOU were an Admissions Committee member, how would you pick 200 students to join your school out of a pool of 2000 people? Probably the same way other schools, including Midwestern, are doing it.

Good to hear that you guys had an overall good time at Midwestern! Good luck guys, and I'm waiting to hear some good news!

anyone doing the nov. 9th interview?? just got the invite!! so excited! first interview for me :)

Hey hey! I am interviewing on the 9th too. Its my first one and gahh I am just nervous lol

Hey hey! I am interviewing on the 9th too. Its my first one and gahh I am just nervous lol

Haha same! I guess I gotta practice. Otherwise, I'll be a nervous wreck. And I'm debating if I should get a hotel the night before or just drive in the morning.

Haha same! I guess I gotta practice. Otherwise, I'll be a nervous wreck. And I'm debating if I should get a hotel the night before or just drive in the morning.

Hey,
I just interviewed on 10/14 and it was my first interview too. It is nerve wracking at first, but once I got into the interview room it felt more like a dialogue than an interview. Good luck everyone!!

when you got accepted, did they send you an email or did you get a phone call?

when you got accepted, did they send you an email or did you get a phone call?
Neither, I just logged onto my midwestern account and there was a check list under my "accepted students checklist." :D

I'm in too! That was pretty quick though, just interviewed last week, no emails or anything...