Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jkong

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi applying class,

I haven't seen anyone start a thread for Midwestern CCP Class of 2017 so here you go! If you have any questions, go ahead and ask!

I'll be going into my second year and I'm from California.

Best of luck! :luck:

p.s. some resource...
Last year's SDN thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=849602
Class of 2015 thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=763981

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I know it is early, but I have a quick question. Since I have everything in, when will we hear about interviews, like when is the earliest someone receives interviews. I am just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi applying class,

I haven't seen anyone start a thread for Midwestern CCP Class of 2017 so here you go! If you have any questions, go ahead and ask!

p.s. some resource...

Hi thanks for starting it! I remember stalking... I mean reading last years thread and you were so helpful and informative. I'm an out if state student applying. I just submitted my supplemental application and I'm even more nervous now lol.

Appreciate your help and hopefully when I get my interview invite i'll have more questions for you :xf: :)

Does everyone also have their PCAT scores not received yet by Midwestern? I guess PharmCAS just updated the scores on the 31st so that may be the reason. But I was just wondering. Should be seen under Applicant Checklist in the supplemental app.

Also, I will probably submit my supp app tomorrow the 4th. Does anyone know if that is in time to be considered for first round interviews?

Does everyone also have their PCAT scores not received yet by Midwestern? I guess PharmCAS just updated the scores on the 31st so that may be the reason. But I was just wondering. Should be seen under Applicant Checklist in the supplemental app.

Also, I will probably submit my supp app tomorrow the 4th. Does anyone know if that is in time to be considered for first round interviews?
I just checked my application checklist for CCP and they just updated that they have received and entered it in their system. I submitted my supplemental August 20 but I haven't seen anywhere that they mentioned by what date you need to submit it by. I would suggest you submit it soon though =)

Hi applying class,

p.s. some resource...
Thank you for starting the thread! I have been reading last year's thread. How do you like the program at CCP? What made you choose this program over the others you applied to?

I know it is early, but I have a quick question. Since I have everything in, when will we hear about interviews, like when is the earliest someone receives interviews. I am just curious.
I believe last year's earliest cycle of interviews were in late September. (Sept 28)

i would like to ask the GPA, PCAT scores and interview?
I had a 2.6 PharmCAS GPA and 76 PCAT.
With a lot of extracurriculars, pharmacy volunteer work, and a part-time job.
4 invited interviews, attended 2, accepted into 2.

Hi thanks for starting it! I remember stalking... I mean reading last years thread and you were so helpful and informative. I'm an out if state student applying. I just submitted my supplemental application and I'm even more nervous now lol.

Appreciate your help and hopefully when I get my interview invite i'll have more questions for you :xf: :)
Haha no shame in stalking! :p Best of luck! I remember just hovering my mouse over the submit button and going "ok, this is it... zomg just submit the app!"

I think it's a perfect time to submit your supplemental app. Last year's first cycle of interviews was on Sept 28 so I think you're on track :)

Thank you for starting the thread! I have been reading last year's thread. How do you like the program at CCP? What made you choose this program over the others you applied to?
I just started my second year and this is the meat-and-potatoes year where everything we learn now is directly relevant to pharmacy. First year was nice because it got everyone on relatively the same page on biochemistry, physiology, and immunology.

I attended 2 interviews during my application cycle and here's what I was confronted with:

UNE (University of New England) gave me a $5000/year scholarship, but it was still being accredited. I was (and still am) confident that it will get it's accreditation because they already had an existing med school. Fantastic faculty that truly care about the students and they definitely showed it. Located in small town Portland, Maine.

MWU has been accredited for 20 years and located in a more major city than UNE... had more foods that I recognize from California. Professors here absolutely care about the students too. Some more than others :p

I believe it's a matter of preference and your personal needs (financial, comfort level, curriculum), but I am really happy with my choice in going here. Living on campus is so nice and comfortable. If I had gone to UNE, I would have had to find my own housing. I joined so many organizations and if I had gone to UNE, I would have to basically charter the organizations.

Little things like that :)

Has anyone heard about interviews yet? If so, when did you submit your supplemental application?

JKong,

I was going to message you but I am unable to. Could you please shoot me a message? I have a few questions about MWU CCP! :) Thanks!

Hey everyone, if you sent in your pharmcas and supplemental around the same time as I did, you should hear from admissions soon. I just received an email for an interview! :) I scheduled my interview through their portal and I only had one option, which was October 10 at 8:45AM.

Let me know if you hear from them!

PharmCAS: 08/08
Supplemental: 08/20

Interview email: 09/06
Interview date: 10/10

Hey everyone, if you sent in your pharmcas and supplemental around the same time as I did, you should hear from admissions soon. I just received an email for an interview! :) I scheduled my interview through their portal and I only had one option, which was October 10 at 8:45AM.

Let me know if you hear from them!

PharmCAS: 08/08
Supplemental: 08/20

Interview email: 09/06
Interview date: 10/10
Hey cm119!

I also received an interview invite and have scheduled it for October 10th. Hopefully, I will see you there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys! Are you guys from the area or flying? I am from San Diego so trying to see what the best way is.

I am going to drive there, I am from Michigan so it is about a 5 hour drive for me, I could fly but then I'll need a taxi and eventually it'll cost me about the same. I am also going to take one of my friends with me to keep me company.

I am going to drive there, I am from Michigan so it is about a 5 hour drive for me, I could fly but then I'll need a taxi and eventually it'll cost me about the same. I am also going to take one of my friends with me to keep me company.
ooo that's nice you have a friend to go with you =) Maybe we will get to chat before we start the interview together since it will be a group thing.

Hey cm119!

I also received an interview invite and have scheduled it for October 10th. Hopefully, I will see you there!

I was at work and I got the email for my interview. Almost passed out :eek: lol. really wasn't expecting it so quickly. But non the less I'm sooo HAPPY!!! :soexcited:

I was at work and I got the email for my interview. Almost passed out :eek: lol. really wasn't expecting it so quickly. But non the less I'm sooo HAPPY!!! :soexcited:
hahaha me too, I was at work and I decided to check my personal email and at first I thought I was invited to a campus tour that was mandatory! =D

Congrats! See you there!

hahaha me too, I was at work and I decided to check my personal email and at first I thought I was invited to a campus tour that was mandatory! =D

Congrats! See you there!

Thank You! And Congrats to you also. yeah I had to log onto the portal to make sure it was real lol

Have you started looking at flights and hotels etc. I'm flying out from Miami so I'm currently looking up flights and such.

Congrats guys! Are you guys from the area or flying? I am from San Diego so trying to see what the best way is.
I will be flying in from the bay area (CA).

ooo that's nice you have a friend to go with you =) Maybe we will get to chat before we start the interview together since it will be a group thing.

That sounds lovely, looking forward to meeting all the interviewees on the 10th :)

Oh gosh, I am so close to finishing my P.S. and then I can submit. I feel so behind! MWU is my first choice :) Anyone think October 10th is a weird date to have an interview, since it's a Wednesday? I hope they put some Friday dates up so I don't have to miss classes

I am from San Diego, close enough ;-) have you looked at flights?
A bit! I'm trying to figure out the best times in order to coordinate w/ work and class. Frustrating but I'm not complaining! Are you all ready to go? Great to hear another CA person interviewing!

A bit! I'm trying to figure out the best times in order to coordinate w/ work and class. Frustrating but I'm not complaining! Are you all ready to go? Great to hear another CA person interviewing!
I know, always nice to hear someone close by will be there the same day. I am planning on flying Tuesday and flying back Thursday. I go back to work Friday. I am trying to figure out if I will need a car because the closest hotel still requires us to take some type of transportation to the school. I want to fly in early to have time to rest since our interview is early in the morning.

I know, always nice to hear someone close by will be there the same day. I am planning on flying Tuesday and flying back Thursday. I go back to work Friday. I am trying to figure out if I will need a car because the closest hotel still requires us to take some type of transportation to the school. I want to fly in early to have time to rest since our interview is early in the morning.
Ditto! Def. want to be well rested! If you want, maybe we can share a car or something? I'll keep you posted on flights/hotels, and maybe we can coordinate something to save some cash! Just a suggestion! :)

Ditto! Def. want to be well rested! If you want, maybe we can share a car or something? I'll keep you posted on flights/hotels, and maybe we can coordinate something to save some cash! Just a suggestion! :)
Yeah, for sure. =) Keep me posted. I know you'll be flying out of LAX but I would book your flight soon. I was browsing today and just now when looking at flights, price went up significantly already so I booked mine already.

Congrats to everyone who got interviews! Could you guys please share your stats?

Welcome Class of 2017 applicants!! I'm a PS-1 and we just finished our first week of class. It wasn't too long ago that I was in your shoes! i'm loving my time at CCP so far. feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them!

Hello everyone, I also got an interview invite for the 10th! I will be flying out of either Oakland or San Francisco...I'm not sure if it would be better to fly out Tuesday morning or Monday evening after work.

Has anyone booked their flights/hotel/transportation yet? And what dates are you guys looking to leave/return?

Hello everyone, I also got an interview invite for the 10th! I will be flying out of either Oakland or San Francisco...I'm not sure if it would be better to fly out Tuesday morning or Monday evening after work.

Has anyone booked their flights/hotel/transportation yet? And what dates are you guys looking to leave/return?

Hi @Capharm86! I'm not flying out from Cali as I live in Miami which is closer but I am leaving Tuesday afternoon and should arrive by 5pm. I was thinking about flying in on Monday but meh I decided to go with Tuesday because of work. But definitely take the option that is more convenient for you.

Anyone from the west coast have any suggestions??

I am flying from San Diego and I am flying out tuesday morning and arriving at 1220pm. This would give me plenty of time to settle in andante relax since our day start early the next morning. If you could get Tuesday off and get a flight that arrives earlier rather than later then that will be better because you will be more well rested. I was able to get a nonstop flight so it will only take 4 hrs but for 1 stop, it is about 6 hour flight so definitely have Tuesday off and arrive early. I am also flying into midway airport not o'hare because I heard since its an international airport, it gets more delays than midway aiport. And midway is easier to find your way around. That's your preference though =) and I haven't booked hotel but I am planning to call holiday inn. Hope that helps! Let me know what you decide. Maybe we can all grab dinner or something if anyone is in the night before

I am flying from San Diego and I am flying out tuesday morning and arriving at 1220pm. This would give me plenty of time to settle in andante relax since our day start early the next morning. If you could get Tuesday off and get a flight that arrives earlier rather than later then that will be better because you will be more well rested. I was able to get a nonstop flight so it will only take 4 hrs but for 1 stop, it is about 6 hour flight so definitely have Tuesday off and arrive early. I am also flying into midway airport not o'hare because I heard since its an international airport, it gets more delays than midway aiport. And midway is easier to find your way around. That's your preference though =) and I haven't booked hotel but I am planning to call holiday inn. Hope that helps! Let me know what you decide. Maybe we can all grab dinner or something if anyone is in the night before
Oh and I am planning to leave Thursday morning

Hey Capharm87,

I will be flying out of either Oakland or SFO also. I will be leaving Tuesday morning and returning after the interview on Wed. Flights should be booked by tomorrow.

Hey Capharm87,

I will be flying out of either Oakland or SFO also. I will be leaving Tuesday morning and returning after the interview on Wed. Flights should be booked by tomorrow.

awesome, i know i will be leaving on wed night after my interview, as far as departing im leaning towards leaving on Tuesday morning. I just got a job at genentech and i start this monday...so i will have to explain to them i need that Tuesday and Wednesday off.

Have u booked ur hotel as well? What hotel is everyone staying at?

Yeah, for sure. =) Keep me posted. I know you'll be flying out of LAX but I would book your flight soon. I was browsing today and just now when looking at flights, price went up significantly already so I booked mine already.
Yikes! Thanks for the heads up! I booked my flight yesterday and the price DID went up!

I'm excited to meet everyone!!

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up! I booked my flight yesterday and the price DID went up!

I'm excited to meet everyone!!
They sent interviews already T___T I still haven't taken the PCAT yet but I submitted my secondary already..so im guess they dont look at my application until they get my PCAT score
Taking the PCAT in 9/24th

Does anyone know how many students they typically interview/accept at CCP?

PharmCAS says:

Estimated number interviewed for fall 2012 entering class: 740
Estimated number accepted for fall 2012 entering class: 400

I figure that's too high so it's probably including Glendale right? Because Glendale says:

Estimated number interviewed for fall 2012 entering class: 375
Estimated number accepted for fall 2012 entering class: 250

So do both campuses each accept roughly 200 students into one class? That seems like a large class.

Anyone from Chicago or in general Illinois get an interview?? Judging by this thread, everyone is from out of state...

Does anyone know how many minutes we can have to answer each interview question? Since there will be 6 people in the interview room, im guessing 1 minute each for each person. Also, how many minutes do you think we will get to do the writing portion?

Thanks!

Does anyone know how many minutes we can have to answer each interview question? Since there will be 6 people in the interview room, im guessing 1 minute each for each person. Also, how many minutes do you think we will get to do the writing portion?

Thanks!

about a minute or two, some people take longer than others in answering questions, so it still varies. i think they gave us about 30 minutes for the writing portion.

Hi everyone! I also have an interview on October 10. I'm flying in from Arizona on Tuesday and flying back Thursday. Can't wait to meet all of you, see you there!

Is it a bad sign that I sent in my supplemental app on 09/04 and haven't heard from them yet? Getting pretty worried here...

Is it a bad sign that I sent in my supplemental app on 09/04 and haven't heard from them yet? Getting pretty worried here...

Did you get an email about how all documents are in?

Anyone from Chicago or in general Illinois get an interview?? Judging by this thread, everyone is from out of state...

Hello everybody. I have my interview here on Oct. 10th as well. I am so excited! Now I just have to find a way to get out of work. And yes I'm from Illinois, the chicago suburbs actually. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Hello everybody. I have my interview here on Oct. 10th as well. I am so excited! Now I just have to find a way to get out of work. And yes I'm from Illinois, the chicago suburbs actually. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
your status is pre-dental...? these are the pre-pharmacy forums.