Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back yet that interviewed on the 28? I've been checking my portal everyday. I just got accepted somewhere else so I hope to hear back soon

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone kn how many people are apart of the interview day? Are we broken into smaller groups to do the interview or just one larger group?

To start with there is one big group in a class room, but for the interview they split us into few smaller groups of 5-6 people.

Does anyone kn how many people are apart of the interview day? Are we broken into smaller groups to do the interview or just one larger group?

interviewee numbers vary from 30-40 people during each campus visits. once everyone has checked in, there will be an introduction, where they will go over what your day looks like. they will then break you up in groups of 5 or 6. some groups will do the written portion, and some groups will go through the interview process.

Members don't see this ad :)

Like 30-40 people. About 6 people per group. About 6 groups.

you'll arrive as a big group but then you'll be split into smaller groups for your actual interview. while one group is interviewing, another group is writing an on-the-spot essay.

(edit) whoops I didnt realize the question was answered! Trying to delete this post but failing =\

...anyways, hello!
Dont forget to join the MWU 2017 group!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/297967150321339/

Last edited:
For those who were interviewed and accepted, how long did it take for your portal to change? I had my interview on March 13th and haven't heard back from the school. Been checking the portal and I don't see anything. How about you guys?

For those who were interviewed and accepted, how long did it take for your portal to change? I had my interview on March 13th and haven't heard back from the school. Been checking the portal and I don't see anything. How about you guys?

They usually meet once a month at end of month I think

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

I hope their "lottery" wait list gets to me soon :(

I interviewed the first slot of January right after New Year's and got accept on 01/31! No worries!

I interviewed on 2/1 and heard back 2/21. I noticed that my portal changed on 2/21 and then they sent me an acceptance email the following day. They said about 4 weeks and I was surprised to hear back sooner than that.

I had my interview on 2/13 and heard back on 2/22... I checked the portal after I received the acceptance e-mail so I am not sure when exactly the portal changed for me, but I heard from other people that theirs changed the evening before they received the e-mail.

edit: Based on the post above I assume that for all February interviews they sent out acceptance e-mails on the 22nd, and portal changed on the 21st...

Any recommendations for Off-campus housing in Downers Grove, Lombard, or Naperville???

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 3/13, portal changed to accepted today!

I've been trying to look for off campus apts too!

Hi!!! Has anyone's portal changed that interviewed on 3/15?

Omg i just checked my portal and it changed too!!! I'm so excited to see all of you guys!!! :)

Congratulations to those who were accepted!!! :D:D:D I look forward to seeing everyone in the fall :boom:

Just got accepted today! I interviewed on February 27th..good luck to the rest of you!

I just got my acceptance letter! So excited!!

i interviewed march 13th and i havent heard anything yet wonder why

Hi everyone, I'm currently looking into housing and don't know if I should rent an apartment outside of campus or do on campus housing. Is it cheaper to rent outside of school? Are there any apartments that is close/walking distance? How are the Pines Apartments on campus compared to the Halls such as Redwood 1 and 2? Thanks in advance!

Congratulations to everyone who was recently accepted! I can't wait to meet everyone!

I noticed that many of you have a lot of questions regarding housing and my best advice would be to join the Facebook group. Many of your questions have already been answered and people respond much quicker. I would also check the previous Midwestern StudentDoc forums (Class of 2016 and 2015) as they have a lot of useful info as well.

Good luck! I hope this was helpful.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/297967150321339/

I got accepted on the 28th and I paid my $1000 seat deposit and completed my matriculation agreement that same night. The next morning I didn't receive an acceptance e-mail, but they sent a Welcome Incoming Pharmacy Student e-mail and confirmation of my depost blah blah blah. Did this happen to anyone else? My friend got a congratulation acceptance e-mail but I didn't. Is it because I paid too soon?

Thanks.

I got accepted on the 28th and I paid my $1000 seat deposit and completed my matriculation agreement that same night. The next morning I didn't receive an acceptance e-mail, but they sent a Welcome Incoming Pharmacy Student e-mail and confirmation of my depost blah blah blah. Did this happen to anyone else? My friend got a congratulation acceptance e-mail but I didn't. Is it because I paid too soon?

Thanks.

I didn't get an acceptance email. I just went ahead and paid for my matriculation agreement that it was asking for. (That was a huge indicator that I was accepted.) Anyways, I went ahead and sent an email to the Admissions office to see my correct status. The lady emailed back promptly and stated that I was... sometimes if you have "Hotmail" like I do, you don't get the emails. But just go ahead and email the Admissions office, they're extremely friendly and prompt!!

Congrats!! :clap:

Once I sent in my money with Matriculation agreement. I was given a midwestern email. But an hour later I received an email fro Midwestern ISS saying "you are no longer eligible to have a student email account at Midwestern University..and account has been suspended"...kinda odd. Did this happen to anyone else?

Does anyone know when the people on he alternate list start getting pulled off?

Once I sent in my money with Matriculation agreement. I was given a midwestern email. But an hour later I received an email fro Midwestern ISS saying "you are no longer eligible to have a student email account at Midwestern University..and account has been suspended"...kinda odd. Did this happen to anyone else?

That happened to me too! I emailed MWU and they fixed it in a week.

Declined my acceptance. Good luck everyone!

did they pull out anyone off the wait list in this acceptance round? Any sdn members I mean! :) ... I'm still waiting.

Interview on Apr 3, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else interviewing that day?

Yup thats where I sent the email and they fixed it the same day.

hey guys, is off campus housing much cheaper? i'm just trying to figure out housing and i'm coming from jersey so any information on it will help.

Is anyone looking for a roommate? I am a 21 year old female! Send me a PM if interested!

Does anyone know when the people on he alternate list start getting pulled off?

I interviewed on feb 13 and got on the alternate list then I was accepted 3/29 so I believe they are going through the alternate list as they go along

I interviewed 2/13 and got pulled off the alternate list 3/29 so they are looking at the list..good luck!!

I keep checking the portal and no change yet!! Hate the wait:annoyed:

I just called the school and found out I have been put on the alternate list!

Can anyone shed light on the residency opportunities Midwestern offers? I heard they are more community than clinical.