Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone who withdrew their acceptance ever get their $100 back form the deposit? If so how long did it take?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone who withdrew their acceptance ever get their $100 back form the deposit? If so how long did it take?

Maybe you know that, but just in case: You only get the $100 back if you withdraw within 30 days of the payment.

Maybe you know that, but just in case: You only get the $100 back if you withdraw within 30 days of the payment.
Actually, the agreement says you get $100 back if you withdraw within 30 days before the 1st orientation date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.

Actually, the agreement says you get $100 back if you withdraw within 30 days before the 1st orientation date.

Oh, really? I guess I did not understand/read that correctly. Thankfully I got accepted to my first choice before I had to pay the deposit to Midwestern. :D

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.

Hi, I would move your post to the c/o 2018 thread because this thread is for the incoming class (they've applied and interviewed already)

Class of 2018 Midwestern CCP
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=14141262

But quick right off the bat...I had just about the same GPA as you when I applied. Don't worry because I hope you'll make up for the low GPA with having great work experience and being a rounded person with volunteer and leadership experience. I would aim to raise your PCAT score to make you a more competitive candidate. Good work getting started in the application process though. Good luck

Has anyone ever been rejected from this school? Excluding last minute applicants.

Has anyone ever been rejected from this school? Excluding last minute applicants.

I myself am still on the alternate list for early March interview, however, I have heard from MDW students that the school pretty much accepts most of the students whom they interviewed.

Here is what Leexbee wrote in earlier comment: "Yes was interviewed on 24 had a letter today saying I was declined. Sad but what can I do. I know I did my best. Gud luck folk"

So I think yes they DO reject people after their interviews. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
I myself am still on the alternate list for early March interview, however, I have heard from MDW students that the school pretty much accepts most of the students whom they interviewed.

Here is what Leexbee wrote in earlier comment: "Yes was interviewed on 24 had a letter today saying I was declined. Sad but what can I do. I know I did my best. Gud luck folk"

So I think yes they DO reject people after their interviews. Hope that helps!

Thank you for the reply!

I was on the alternate list but was pulled out some time later.

I was on the alternate list but was pulled out some time later.

has anyone who was put on the alternate list heard back yet?? I was placed on alternate list in April... How does the wait list process work??

Has anyone heard back yet from the Admissions Committee this month?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been placed on the alternate list since April. I haven't heard anything yet either. I think they meet right at the end, probably the 28th or so. Goodluck everyone, keeping my fingers crossed:luck:

I have been placed on the alternate list since April. I haven't heard anything yet either. I think they meet right at the end, probably the 28th or so. Goodluck everyone, keeping my fingers crossed:luck:

Luck is all we need at the moment because the alternate list is not ranked!

I just got email of acceptance off of the waitlist. Now I have a problem. I already sent
my acceptance and deposit to Roseman in Nevada and I'm not sure if I should
choose Midwestern instead. Any advice would be great.

accepteddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. wooooooooooohooooooooooooooo:thumbup:

accepteddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. wooooooooooohooooooooooooooo:thumbup:

Hi, congrats on your acceptance, did you submit anything to admissions while you were on the alternate list? also do you mind sharing your stats?

Hi! Did u submit any changes to your application??

I sent them my Spring transcripts, 2 extra recommendation letters and two letter of intents. I bugged the hell out of them by emails and phone calls to make sure they don't forget about me whenever they meet up :smuggrin:

I sent them my Spring transcripts, 2 extra recommendation letters and two letter of intents. I bugged the hell out of them by emails and phone calls to make sure they don't forget about me whenever they meet up :smuggrin:

What did you ask every time you called? I feel awkward calling with the same question...

What did you ask every time you called? I feel awkward calling with the same question...[/QUOT

I called them with my questions, asking about my updated transcripts ect. just to make a conversation with Kerry to make sure they continuously update my file.

What did you ask every time you called? I feel awkward calling with the same question...

instead of emailing with questions, you should try to call them to build a conversation so they don't forget about you.

you don't have to ask the same question of whether you are accepted, try to ask something silly like how could you send your letter of rec. via email or by mail? ect...

you can send your interviewer another thank you note if you already did that. Anything to get their attention will help.

I just withdrew my pharmacy seat. After a few years of prereqs, I've decided that pharmacy is not for me.. Good luck to any of those still waiting!

I just withdrew my pharmacy seat. After a few years of prereqs, I've decided that pharmacy is not for me.. Good luck to any of those still waiting!

why is pharmacy not for you? I am on the fence too

why is pharmacy not for you? I am on the fence too

I still think pharmacy is a great field, but it came down to cost and everyday work routine.It's a huge investment, and I think I'm better off giving up my place to someone who is completely sure. I haven't decided where I want to go from here-if I want to look into business or maybe nursing.

Anyone still waiting from the wait list? Im still waiting. I've called and emailed the admissions numerous times to show my interest hoping that they will take me off the wait list. What are my chances? Iheard that there were times when applicants were accepted a week before school started.

I was wondering what the grading is like at Midwestern. I go to roseman now and it is tough. Im in the class of 2016. Does Midwestern have a 90 percent and pass rule or do they accept 70 percent and over like most schools. I just wanted some details on the grading system and maybe if they let you retake tests or what the procedure is like. Any info would be great. Good luck everyone.

Hi all, I'm pretty sure I'm going to attend Midwestern in the fall of 2014, and i'm starting to think about housing. Since you guys are a year older, do you know where students live off campus? Is there a place where a lot of students rent apartments near campus?

Has anyone that interviewed with Midwestern on 1/27/14 for the class of 2017 heard anything yet?