Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for accepted students, does the mwunet portal not work on friday nights and weekends????

Members don't see this ad.

for accepted students, does the mwunet portal not work on friday nights and weekends????

Read my above posts. The same thing happened to me but it was for like a week. The only help they offerred was to call the tech department but I was withdrawing my spot anyway so I didn't bother.

If you got a c- in a pre req, then you have to retake anyways. Other the your GPA, you have really good stats so study for pcat and bring the GPA up a little. You'll be fine. Message me if you have specific questions!

Thank you for your reply!! I guess my question was more so like, let's say if I got a F first time taking calculus, then retook it but got a D+, but then retook it a third time and got an A, would it still look bad that I had to retake the course class before doing well?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted this year. I took OCHM 1 and 2 more than once, I ended up with a B and a C. I cant remember what I got on the pcat but I know it was mediocre. My overall gpa and science gpa is near 3. I believe they look at the entire picture surrounding an applicant. One thing I would do is take the pcat as soon as you are ready (the scores take a while to come back and then it takes a while for midwestern to receive them). Also, apply to midwestern as soon as the application process opens(I think July). Students are accepted on a rolling basis. I would assume that your chances are better if you apply when more seats are available (as soon as the application opens). Good luck.

Thank you for your advice! Can I ask what kind of experience or ECs you had when you applied?

Thank you for your reply!! I guess my question was more so like, let's say if I got a F first time taking calculus, then retook it but got a D+, but then retook it a third time and got an A, would it still look bad that I had to retake the course class before doing well?

I think they look at the fact that you improved and kept trying. I have a friend who got accepted this cycle that got an F in physics, retook it and got a C. You ended up with an A :)

Thank you for your advice! Can I ask what kind of experience or ECs you had when you applied?

Zero pharmacy, a litle nursing during high school, church food server volunteer, youth financial education volunteer

Zero pharmacy, a litle nursing during high school, church food server volunteer, youth financial education volunteer

I took both ochm courses more than once. I ended up with B and C .
My best advice is to be yourself and truly want it with all of your heart. I feel i was lucky. But I also feel that luck is when opportunity meets preparation.

Do any of you future/current MWU pharmacy students have a recent CPG residency match list I could provide my friend?

Admissions committee meet sometime this week! Watch out for emails and check your portal for news of acceptances! Good luck guys! I interviewed april 2nd.

Did anyone who had interview on April 2nd or 4th hear back??

check your emails who had interview on april 2nd or 4th. I was interviewed on april 2nd and I just got an acceptance email :),,,,,,,,,,,,,yayyyyyyyy

check your emails who had interview on april 2nd or 4th. I was interviewed on april 2nd and I just got an acceptance email :),,,,,,,,,,,,,yayyyyyyyy
Congrats!!! I was interviewed on April 4th, and i didn't receive anything yet :/

Congrats!!! I was interviewed on April 4th, and i didn't receive anything yet :/

I heard some people never receive the email, check the portal and see if the accepted student tab opens up for you now :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called admissions. I'm waitlisted :( they said theyre sending out letters soon

I heard some people never receive the email, check the portal and see if the accepted student tab opens up for you now :)
It didn't so i guess im not accepted? :( Ill call today to find out, im guess its a wait list for me too :/ Im so disappointed!

Update: I called and they told me they will send out the decision some time next week. She was not willing to tell me any status on phone.

Last edited:
It didn't so i guess im not accepted? :( Ill call today to find out, im guess its a wait list for me too :/ Im so disappointed!

Update: I called and they told me they will send out the decision some time next week. She was not willing to tell me any status on phone.

I hope you hear back with some good news soon! Don't give up hope :)

Reactions: 1 user
I was interviewed on January 24th, got put on the waitlist, and got accepted last week on Monday (April 14th).

Did you update your application or gave a letter of intent? If you dont mind me asking, what did you do to get pulled off the waitlist? People say the waitlist is unranked but I feel like it is. I sent them an email of intent but I was still placed on the waitlist. Thanks :)

Did you update your application or gave a letter of intent? If you dont mind me asking, what did you do to get pulled off the waitlist? People say the waitlist is unranked but I feel like it is. I sent them an email of intent but I was still placed on the waitlist. Thanks :)
I also submitted a letter of intent and an additional letter of recommendation and I still have not been pulled off the waitlist

Not sure what a letter of intent is, but I did send them an email telling them Midwestern was my #1 choice and that I was very interested in their pharmacy program. I think that probably helped.

Not sure what a letter of intent is, but I did send them an email telling them Midwestern was my #1 choice and that I was very interested in their pharmacy program. I think that probably helped.
When did you submit that letter? I submitted one also and I am still on the waitlist...starting to get frustrated and losing hope

I received waiting list letter :( Does anyone know if i don't fulfill any course like one of them, will they still consider me?

I received waiting list letter :( Does anyone know if i don't fulfill any course like one of them, will they still consider me?
I got accepted off the wait list with an incomplete pre req, so no worries there as long as you plan to complete it before matriculation.

Midwestern accepts summer school credit so just be sure to get the pre-requisite finished

Midwestern accepts summer school credit so just be sure to get the pre-requisite finished
Yes I will be taking 3 already in summer and want to know if I miss one, would they accept me?

Yes I will be taking 3 already in summer and want to know if I miss one, would they accept me?
If you don't have all the pre-requisites before maturiculation then they won't let you attend because they are very strict about having all the pre-requisites finished. So try to finish all the pre-requisites.

I got accepted off the wait list with an incomplete pre req, so no worries there as long as you plan to complete it before matriculation.
May I ask how long you were on the waitlist? I have been on since March, I know others have been on the waitlist since Oct!

Hey guys,

I am one of the RAs at the Redwood dorms next year. If you have any questions regarding housing, feel free to ask me! I will do my best to answer any questions. I will also be helping manage your Facebook page. Seriously, message me if you need any help.

Good luck and I hope you all come Midwestern!

Hey everyone, just got accepted and I am looking for a roommate! If anyone is in the same boat as me, shoot me an email. :)

Hey everyone, just got accepted and I am looking for a roommate! If anyone is in the same boat as me, shoot me an email. :)

There's a Facebook page for that! Search for: Midwestern University CCP 2018 Housing Ideas

:)

Congrats to new acceptances. Seems like people are getting accepted every week. Does that mean the committee meets more than once now? And has anyone got off the wait list recently? And does anyone know if they're still interviewing people. This wait is killing me!

om
:)

Congrats to new acceptances. Seems like people are getting accepted every week. Does that mean the committee meets more than once now? And has anyone got off the wait list recently? And does anyone know if they're still interviewing people. This wait is killing me!
omg I know about the waiting..I am still waiting and feeling a little heart broken also:(

What did you guys write in your letter of intent? Did you information about yourself? Or just simply state that this school is your first choice?

What did you guys write in your letter of intent? Did you information about yourself? Or just simply state that this school is your first choice?

In my letter of intent I basically reiterated my stats, my experiences, my strong interest in the school and that MWU is my top choice.

I too got accepted :D, a while ago actually but haven't posted haha I've also been admitted to Creighton's distance pathway, currently deciding between the two!

I too got accepted :D, a while ago actually but haven't posted haha I've also been admitted to Creighton's distance pathway, currently deciding between the two!

Congrats! When did you get accepted?

Anyone get a message from financial aid in their portal? What does this mean?

Anyone get a message from financial aid in their portal? What does this mean?
I did...it means that they will be sending out the award notifications for financial aid in a few weeks telling ppl what they got..I have mine in and now I am just waiting to get accepted still