Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi there,
My interview is on April 4th, I'm really nervous about it. I was wondering, how was your interview? and what questions do they ask you?
There's an interview feedback section for Midwestern Pharmacy school, and there are questions that were asked during the interview. I used that to prepare and it helped me a lot. You should try checking it out.

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly I was surprised they are extending the deadline too. It made me wonder if they haven't filled up all of their seats yet even though it's already pretty late in the Cycle.
I've been pretty much waitlisted everywhere else too so that's why I'm gonna give this school a shot now that it's due may 1st. Do they also tell you What number you are on the waitlist?
No they dont tell you what number. They say that it is an unranked waitlist. I just wish I would hear something because I have to prepare to move and I dont not like knowing where I may or may not be in the fall

No they dont tell you what number. They say that it is an unranked waitlist. I just wish I would hear something because I have to prepare to move and I dont not like knowing where I may or may not be in the fall
yeah i know what you mean.... i'm in the same boat too for other schools that i'm waitlisted for :/
but if it's unranked then how will they determine who gets pulled out of the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah i know what you mean.... i'm in the same boat too for other schools that i'm waitlisted for :/
but if it's unranked then how will they determine who gets pulled out of the waitlist?
fantastic question...I have no idea. I just want to get in so I can start the next step in my career..I have been a pharmacy tech for 12 years and I cant wait to be a pharmacist

Definitely do! And UIC
Nice I was considering apply to UIC and Chicago st but I dont like the areas that the schools are in..lol sometimes I can be such a snob...I just want to get the heck out of Arizona and back closer to home

Nice I was considering apply to UIC and Chicago st but I dont like the areas that the schools are in..lol sometimes I can be such a snob...I just want to get the heck out of Arizona and back closer to home

No no thats a perfectly valid reason for not applying lol. I don't really like downtown myself but I will try to force myself to. Good luck !!!

I heard that every time the committee meets, they review all applicants on the wait list as well.
I know that the best way to stand out on the waitlist is to keep contact with them so they know your name. That way, admissions can refer you to the committee when they meet. I hope that helps y'all!

There's an interview feedback section for Midwestern Pharmacy school, and there are questions that were asked during the interview. I used that to prepare and it helped me a lot. You should try checking it out.

Where is this exactly?

Members don't see this ad :)
No no thats a perfectly valid reason for not applying lol. I don't really like downtown myself but I will try to force myself to. Good luck !!!

Will you be commuting? I am trying to decide between the 2 schools. But I would have an hour commute there.

Will you be commuting? I am trying to decide between the 2 schools. But I would have an hour commute there.

That's still up in the air but I might as I only live like 20 minutes away (on a good day!!) how far are you from MWU?

Yea im still on the alt list since october too :(

That's still up in the air but I might as I only live like 20 minutes away (on a good day!!) how far are you from MWU?

40 mins drive...but my commute to the city would be via Metra and then the free shuttle.

I am new to Chicago-land so this winter was HORRIBLE not sure I can do that commute next year in the winter.

40 mins drive...but my commute to the city would be via Metra and then the free shuttle.

I am new to Chicago-land so this winter was HORRIBLE not sure I can do that commute next year in the winter.

I would definitely look into living near either school if I were you. If it was anything like this winter yeah the commute could be bad, often.

would you take the Metra to MWU? or did you decide on a different school?

Anyone from california going to MWU or waiting to go to MWU? I interviewed april 2nd so im still waiting.

Im in the opposite boat. Im from AZ but got accepted at CCP. I want to stay the heck away from Chicago. Lol.

Im in the opposite boat. Im from AZ but got accepted at CCP. I want to stay the heck away from Chicago. Lol.

are you originally from Az? I so dislike it here..lol did you hear anything from the Glendale campus?

actually they call it the chicago campus but it's not in chicago. It's in a quiet suburb of Downers Grove. Either way Chicago is a great city filled with many opportunities and anyone with the opportunity to study or work there should consider taking it!

Yup, i've been in AZ for most of my life.
I think the AZ campus is pretty much out of the question unless some miracle happens. It looks like I'll be arriving in Chicago about week prior to school starting. I need to find a place to live that is near downers grove and not too expensive.

I think the AZ campus is pretty much out of the question unless some miracle happens. It looks like I'll be arriving in Chicago about week prior to school starting. I need to find a place to live that is near downers grove and not too expensive.

yeah I have heard friends of mine getting waitlisted for interviews at the Glendale campus..not sure what that is all about. they didnt even take a look at me..lol. If I get accepted to Chicago I will be heading out the last week in July and I have found a couple places that I have a line on..where in Phoenix are you living?

oh and I grew up in Milwaukee and used to (still do actually) visit Chicago. It is a great city and I think you will really like it much better than Phoenix. Let me know if you need any help with anything

I was interviewed in April 4th, Still waiting... They said they will let us know in 3-4weeks

Interviewed end of January, and was placed on the waitlist, accepted recently! Don't give up hope all! Worried about an incomplete pre-req though, will need to call admissions in the 'morrow!

Interviewed end of January, and was placed on the waitlist, accepted recently! Don't give up hope all! Worried about an incomplete pre-req though, will need to call admissions in the 'morrow!
when did you get accepted?

yeah I have heard friends of mine getting waitlisted for interviews at the Glendale campus..not sure what that is all about. they didnt even take a look at me..lol. If I get accepted to Chicago I will be heading out the last week in July and I have found a couple places that I have a line on..where in Phoenix are you living?

I live in Central Phoenix . Ill be leaving the 1st week of August. I still have not decided if I am bringing my car or leavi g it at my house in Phoenix. I'm hoping I can find a place to stay in Downers Grove within a week. What are your stats? Did you write thank you letters to the people who interviewed you? Send letter of intent to the ad committee? Is this your 1st time applying to pharm school? My stats are very average, this is my first time applying and I only applied to midwestern.

I live in Central Phoenix . Ill be leaving the 1st week of August. I still have not decided if I am bringing my car or leavi g it at my house in Phoenix. I'm hoping I can find a place to stay in Downers Grove within a week. What are your stats? Did you write thank you letters to the people who interviewed you? Send letter of intent to the ad committee? Is this your 1st time applying to pharm school? My stats are very average, this is my first time applying and I only applied to midwestern.

my stats are also average. I have 12 years pharmacy tech exp though. this is my 2nd time technically because last year I applied for this year but I was too late. I applied to 3 schools and only interviewed at midwestern in chicago. I did write thank you letters. What is a letter of intent? That I didnt do, did you ?

Do they say if youre " high, middle, or low" on the wait list? if so, where were you on the wait list ?

my stats are also average. I have 12 years pharmacy tech exp though. this is my 2nd time technically because last year I applied for this year but I was too late. I applied to 3 schools and only interviewed at midwestern in chicago. I did write thank you letters. What is a letter of intent? That I didnt do, did you ?

The letter of intent basically tells them that if you get accepted you will attend this school. Im guessing that most people get accepted to multiple schools. When people decline offers tben the school has to go back to the drawing board tk get new students

Do they say if youre " high, middle, or low" on the wait list? if so, where were you on the wait list ?
no the waitlist is basically unranked. They review it everytime the ADCOM meets and then pull from there. So basically it is just a literally a waiting game

The letter of intent basically tells them that if you get accepted you will attend this school. Im guessing that most people get accepted to multiple schools. When people decline offers tben the school has to go back to the drawing board tk get new students
I wonder if I should write one. I fully intend to go to Midwestern if accepted. Did you write one?

I did write one. I am not sure if it helped or not.
Like I said I am an average student without any pharmacy experience.

I did write one. I am not sure if it helped or not.
Like I said I am an average student without any pharmacy experience.

I wrote one and submitted it today but before I did I asked if they accept them and when the next time the adcom were meeting. they said in the next week or so so thank you for the tip and I just made the cut off for the next meeting. Ill let you know what happens:)

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have advice on living situations? Staying on campus or off? If on campus, for the first quarter, or the whole year?

Anyone heard something from the April 2nd interview ??

Anyone have advice on living situations? Staying on campus or off? If on campus, for the first quarter, or the whole year?
I was weighing that option as well if I get accepted. I actually have a plan all ready if I do. My advice is to see how far you want to commute and then look west and northwest of the campus. Depending on how much you want to spend you should be able to find a decent 1 bedroom...I only suggest living on campus if you can stand to live in a small space and can follow the rules in the handbook..I personally didnt care about the small space but when I read the rules in the handbook I was like nope not gonna happen because I have lived on my own for so long

I was weighing that option as well if I get accepted. I actually have a plan all ready if I do. My advice is to see how far you want to commute and then look west and northwest of the campus. Depending on how much you want to spend you should be able to find a decent 1 bedroom...I only suggest living on campus if you can stand to live in a small space and can follow the rules in the handbook..I personally didnt care about the small space but when I read the rules in the handbook I was like nope not gonna happen because I have lived on my own for so long
Sweet, I'll be taking that advice, thanks! And best of luck on getting in!

I too am looking for some housing advice.
Im not sure if I can afford or want to live on campus. I may be looking for a 2bed 2 bath to share with someone. Im a little old and married so I cant do the party life. I need to take it easy and study so I can breeze through this and hopefully get to midwestern in Az soon.

Hi everyone, I've been thinking about applying to Midwestern in the future and was just wondering how my stats look. I'm a fourth year undergrad with a 2.78 cGPA. GPA is low because I experienced several deaths in the family and depression caused me to lose motivation. However since last summer, I've been doing much better (4.0, 3.8, 3.3+ gpa's) and am planning to spend this summer + one whole year to take more classes, repeat a couple classes, and bring up my GPA to above a 3.0. At this rate, I can hopefully get it to a 3.2 by next Spring. But here are my ECs and experiences:

-2 years research assistant working with medical devices (900+ hours)
-1 first-author science journal publication, 3 co-authored journal papers, 3 co-authored book chapters
-2 years pharmacy volunteer at an independent retail pharmacy
-about 1 year pharmacy clerk at CVS (1000+ hours and continuing)
-waiting on my Pharm Tech license, it's been over 1 month since applying
-intern at Rite Aid Pharmacy (40 hours)
-starting another research position at a Human Memory lab in the summer
-a couple leadership positions on campus
-some community service hours, annual participant in walks like Relay for Life, March of Dimes

Taking PCAT possibly next summer before applying. There were a couple of prereq classes (calculus, ochem) that I had originally failed and retook only to get a C or C- cause it was still during that time when I was going through personal issues. I plan on retaking them again. If I get an A, will it still look bad that I retook it multiple times?

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to see what other people's views or advices were. Just trying to keep my hopes up! Thank you all in advance!

Hi everyone, I've been thinking about applying to Midwestern in the future and was just wondering how my stats look. I'm a fourth year undergrad with a 2.78 cGPA. GPA is low because I experienced several deaths in the family and depression caused me to lose motivation. However since last summer, I've been doing much better (4.0, 3.8, 3.3+ gpa's) and am planning to spend this summer + one whole year to take more classes, repeat a couple classes, and bring up my GPA to above a 3.0. At this rate, I can hopefully get it to a 3.2 by next Spring. But here are my ECs and experiences:

-1 first-author science journal publication, 3 co-authored journal papers, 3 co-authored book chapters
-some community service hours, annual participant in walks like Relay for Life, March of Dimes

Taking PCAT possibly next summer before applying. There were a couple of prereq classes (calculus, ochem) that I had originally failed and retook only to get a C or C- cause it was still during that time when I was going through personal issues. I plan on retaking them again. If I get an A, will it still look bad that I retook it multiple times?

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to see what other people's views or advices were. Just trying to keep my hopes up! Thank you all in advance!

If you got a c- in a pre req, then you have to retake anyways. Other the your GPA, you have really good stats so study for pcat and bring the GPA up a little. You'll be fine. Message me if you have specific questions!

I got accepted this year. I took OCHM 1 and 2 more than once, I ended up with a B and a C. I cant remember what I got on the pcat but I know it was mediocre. My overall gpa and science gpa is near 3. I believe they look at the entire picture surrounding an applicant. One thing I would do is take the pcat as soon as you are ready (the scores take a while to come back and then it takes a while for midwestern to receive them). Also, apply to midwestern as soon as the application process opens(I think July). Students are accepted on a rolling basis. I would assume that your chances are better if you apply when more seats are available (as soon as the application opens). Good luck.