Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations on your acceptance! :clap:
How did you find out that you were accepted? I am still waiting!!!!!!
which group were you in?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone I just submitted my Pharmcas today..According to Pharmcas there is no supplementa!!!! How long did it take to year something from them?

I was in the January 23rd interview, I think it was pretty nice. I enjoyed the tour a lot! Did anyone else get interviewed that day? What did you think of the school?

Hey i got an interview on February 13th. Any tips, suggestions you would like to give me. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi , would you know how many spot that are still available ? And is that school big on Pcat?

Hi , would you know how many spot that are still available ? And is that school big on Pcat?
idk about spots, but when I checked to reschedule, there was a lot more options for the chicago campus(originally, when I scheduled, there was only one. So either ppl have dropped or they opened more dates)

Reactions: 1 user
idk about spots, but when I checked to reschedule, there was a lot more options for the chicago campus(originally, when I scheduled, there was only one. So either ppl have dropped or they opened more dates)

Can you shared those dates? I applied last Thursday and today I received an email saying that my application is complete. How long did it take you to receive the invitation email?

did anyone else get accepted after the January 23rd interview?

Can you shared those dates? I applied last Thursday and today I received an email saying that my application is complete. How long did it take you to receive the invitation email?
have u made an account yet? It has a tab on the side with other options like logout and check status of various things. Also, u won't be able to see it till u get an interview invitation through your email

I recently got accepted into Midwestern CCP and was looking at apartments close to campus in Downers Grove. I live in Indiana so I can't physically go look at apartments. However, searching online I saw that they are way to expensive even for 1 bed 1 bath! Any suggestions on where to look for housing? I am also open to roommates but since I don't live in the state, I don't know how that would work.

Depending on if you want to be "right on top of campus" or not will depend how much you will spend...If you are willing to commute a little you can find some that might be more affordable for you. Try apartments in the cities of Lisle, Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Lombard, Naperville, Aurora (but stay as close to Eola and I88 as you can), even Batavia or Geneva if you dont mind a 30 minute commute in good weather..let me know if you need anyone to check them out for you

Members don't see this ad :)
have u made an account yet? It has a tab on the side with other options like logout and check status of various things. Also, u won't be able to see it till u get an interview invitation through your email

I did it yesterday

Depending on if you want to be "right on top of campus" or not will depend how much you will spend...If you are willing to commute a little you can find some that might be more affordable for you. Try apartments in the cities of Lisle, Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Lombard, Naperville, Aurora (but stay as close to Eola and I88 as you can), even Batavia or Geneva if you dont mind a 30 minute commute in good weather..let me know if you need anyone to check them out for you

Thank you so much for your help! :) I don't live in Illinois currently so won't be able to check them out but I'll be there by summer to check the places out. Thanks again!

Anybody ever received an email about Master of art in Biomedical Science?

what does the letter say? We do have a master of biomedical science program on our campus. Depending on what it says it may be an error. I would contact admissions if you deem it an error

what does the letter say? We do have a master of biomedical science program on our campus. Depending on what it says it may be an error. I would contact admissions if you deem it an error

Hope it's in Error .. Hopefully I get an interview invite soon... My PCAT isn't great at all but I'm applying with a Bs in Biomedical Science, 5 years of certified pharmacy technician experience and and 3.56 GPA.... I uploaded part of it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 69
I received that email yesterday because they have our contact information so they send emails about different programs in MW, don't worry, I also got an interview,You will receive an interview email very soon

Last edited:
also another thing, I did not receive interview email , I just checked my portal and saw I was invited to Midwestern and should schedule an interview after I schedule my interview , I received confirmation email so check your portal everyday

also another thing, I did not receive interview email , I just checked my portal and saw I was invited to Midwestern and should schedule an interview after I schedule my interview , I received confirmation email so check your portal everyday

Thank You Greenspring .Good luck with the interview

How long it took you to get an invite after your file was completed? I applied last Thursday..

Hope it's in Error .. Hopefully I get an interview invite soon... My PCAT isn't great at all but I'm applying with a Bs in Biomedical Science, 5 years of certified pharmacy technician experience and and 3.56 GPA.... I uploaded part of it

yup that is an advertising email :)

It depends, for most applicants it takes about 2,3 weeks or sooner( for me ,because I 'm an international applicant with a bachelor degree from another country so took about 2 months )don't worry , you are in good shape,you have very very strong GPA and experience so you will receive very soon(maybe next week) just don't forget to check your portal every day

How long it took you to get an invite after your file was completed? I applied last Thursday..
It depends, for most applicants it takes about 2,3 weeks or sooner( for me ,because I 'm an international applicant with a bachelor degree from another country so took about 2 months )don't worry , you are in good shape,you have very very strong GPA and experience so you will receive very soon(maybe next week) just don't forget to check your portal every day

Oh ok thank you!!! Hopefully very soon

If you schedule an interview for a specific day but you wish you can change it to a better day but there was only 2 dates available, your best thing to do is to check the portal every day, perhaps every couple of hours because you will have a chance to see more earlier schedules! This is exactly what happened with me.. Some students cancel their interview dates thus checking the interview dates on the portal will be the best thing!

Hi, I got interview on the 23 too, and got accepted today. I love the school and the program there. Will be attending this fall for sure

Congratulations on your acceptance. My interview is March 4th….can you please give me any advice or how I can prep?!

For anyone who interviewed already….are you willing to message me and elaborate more on how the interview went and what kind of questions were asked? I reviewed the forum on potential questions that were asked…no one wrote "Why Pharmacy" "Why Midwestern" "Strengths/Weakness" which I am pretty shocked about. My interview is coming up and I am super nervous! I want to prepare the best way I can. So any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated!!!

what is writing interview question?is it a ethical question?how long should be? any thoughts?

I received the email as soon as their updated my application about PCAT received ... And received the email was scared to open it.... See you guys on Friday ... Other dates are not good , have midterm next week

Congratulations on your acceptance. My interview is March 4th….can you please give me any advice or how I can prep?!
Wouldn't stress it, just be yourself. Writing sample is not complicated, pretty laid back interview. Gave up my seat this week. Intereview early Jan.

For anyone who interviewed already….are you willing to message me and elaborate more on how the interview went and what kind of questions were asked? I reviewed the forum on potential questions that were asked…no one wrote "Why Pharmacy" "Why Midwestern" "Strengths/Weakness" which I am pretty shocked about. My interview is coming up and I am super nervous! I want to prepare the best way I can. So any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated!!!

You will be fine ... It's very laid back- just be yourself-

quick question...in regards to pharmacy technician license....how long does it usually take for IL board of pharmacy to issue you a license? It has been a month and I have not received anything.

quick question...in regards to pharmacy technician license....how long does it usually take for IL board of pharmacy to issue you a license? It has been a month and I have not received anything.

I applied in June before I left Arizona and they didnt issue mine until the middle or late August after school had actually started. Dont worry about having it when school starts because you wont actually need it until December. The board is kinda slow and right now is the time that renewals are up so they are probably backed up with current students and techs renewing theirs. I just did mine again and got it much faster than the first time.

Why MWU use pharmacy tech license instead of Pharmacy intern license.... Pharmacy intern license does not have to be renewed

Why MWU use pharmacy tech license instead of Pharmacy intern license.... Pharmacy intern license does not have to be renewed

Its not the school it is the state of Illinois. Here you are not considered a true intern until your 4th year or after graduation I believe. It is different based on what state you are in.

I interviewed on 2/13 and was accepted literally 3 days later. I just informed them that I won't be attending, so that's one more seat that opened. :)
It was a bit of a culture shock for me, there's really nothing around the area. I might be a spoiled city girl but I would like to know there's food available at 3AM and don't need a car to get there. My advice to people going to the interview:
  • be professional but still be yourself above all else; it's really relaxed and conversational
  • they don't know your stats or numbers at the interview so its just your conversational/interpersonal skills convincing them at this point
  • you'll be in groups for your interview (4 interviewees per 2 faculty members)
  • for the writing section, I only wrote 2 paragraphs (4-5 sentences each) response . As long as you answer the question and don't write like a barbarian, you're good to go
To be honest, the interview was no competition... Maybe just my group was not very impressive. The pharmacist would ask "what qualities do you admire in a pharmacist" and one of the students said "Oh, I never worked with a pharmacist before so I don't know, but I think I would be a good one." I was like seriously............???? Anyways good luck everyone!

So that's mean you found out on Monday the 16th? Or 3 business days you mean?

Hi PharmD-Zoe, How was your interview? what kind of question were you asked? how was your writing portion? easy? hard? any advice?

The interview went well thanks for asking , tell me about You?, Why Pharmacy, characteristic of Pharmacist, hobby, two easy easy writing assays with no right and wrong answer. just support your thesis. just be yourself and try not to answer each question last, eye contacts and etc... you will be fine... Hope i get in.. scared to check my portal tough....If you have experience in Pharmacy settings make sure you have good back up when to support your answer. some of the people in my group you can tell they were lying. there were 5 of us and only one Asian girl that i can tell she stood out like me lol.. if i do no get in it might be one of my essay i only did one paragraph.

Last edited:
BTW Turn your Phone off once you check in. had some kids were on the Phone texting while before for the interview section. It did not look good.

The interview went well thanks for asking , tell me about You?, Why Pharmacy, characteristic of Pharmacist, hobby, two easy easy writing assays with no right and wrong answer. just support your thesis. just be yourself and try not to answer each question last, eye contacts and etc... you will be fine... Hope i get in.. scared to check my portal tough....If you have experience in Pharmacy settings make sure you have good back up when to support your answer. some of the people in my group you can tell they were lying. there were 5 of us and only one Asian girl that i can tell she stood out like me lol.. if i do no get in it might be one of my essay i only did one paragraph.

Yep just be yourself.....the interviewer can tell that whether you're lying or not....one actually rolled his eyes when the interviewee answered his answer on "why pharmacy?" So....rehearsed and not himself.... Be yourself and genuine please

thank you so much, you definitely get in Midwestern, Good luck