Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So that's mean you found out on Monday the 16th? Or 3 business days you mean?

3 business days so the 18th. I'm sure you'll be fine!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone..Congrats on your acceptance to those who have been accepted so far. To those who are waiting or have yet to interview don't lose faith or hope. I was waitlisted last year and I got in.

If you have been accepted please don't forget to join the facebook page. You can post your questions to fellow class of 2019 classmates and of the students that are already on campus. The page is Midwestern University CCP Class of 2019. Look forward to see you all in the fall

Admission staff said committee meet to make decision once every month so it depends when we interview and when they meet

When do you think they are going to meet? When is your interview?

I had my interview today, as admission staff said they meet to make a decision once every month , I don't know when but because vanillee said she founded out after 3 days in 18th, so committee meeting day would be around this day, so i believe we will found out in 3 weeks

I interviewed on Feb 26th. Let me know if any of my interviews mate heard back from the school please.... Also I am so nervous, My General GPA is 3.60, my science GPA is 3.58.
PCAT composite score is 380 (9% percentile).

I was wondering if I can even have a chance. Let me know if anyone have any ideas. Thanks

If you did good in the interview that's mean u have a chance.. They wouldn't invite u if they think u didn't fit for their program

Last edited:
I interviewed on Feb 26th. Let me know if any of my interviews mate heard back from the school please.... Also I am so nervous, My General GPA is 3.60, my science GPA is 3.58.

I was wondering if I can even have a chance. Let me know if anyone have any ideas. Thanks
you interviewed 26th or 25th?Wednesday or Thursday? I had my interview 25th.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Yes you have a very good chance. I had a 2.90 GPA and a 400 PCAT composite. I tried my absolute best in school. I received an interview from four different pharmacy schools. I went to two interviews (Rosalind Franklin and Midwestern) ...I got into both. If you receive an interview at that point the schools pretty much have already agreed your a great candidate. It's winning them over at the interview that counts. Stand out! Be yourself! Don't stress, just be...a human being.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone get accepted yet and find a good place to live around MWU? Dog friendly preferably.
Thanks!

I have been waitlisted since January 5th :( and sent in my letter of continued interest right after. I have since been invited to interview at two other schools but still nothing from midwestern. I applied in November to just these 3 schools. My pcat was not good like 40th percentile and my gpa is only 3.3 but I have worked in a pharmacy for the past 5 years so I do have a lot of experience. I am losing hope here could someone tell me if I still have a chance or how I compare to others stats.

I also think it really depends on how well you did on your interview. My GPAs weren't as great as yours, and I did alright on my PCAT. It was the interview that helps me gets in. Good luck to you!
Anyone get accepted yet and find a good place to live around MWU? Dog friendly preferably.
Thanks!

I'm thinking of living on campus since I'm from CA and not used to the area and city. I heard the rent is pretty expensive around the school unless you have roommates.

I have been waitlisted since January 5th :( and sent in my letter of continued interest right after. I have since been invited to interview at two other schools but still nothing from midwestern. I applied in November to just these 3 schools. My pcat was not good like 40th percentile and my gpa is only 3.3 but I have worked in a pharmacy for the past 5 years so I do have a lot of experience. I am losing hope here could someone tell me if I still have a chance or how I compare to others stats.
You have a good chance. To be honest, I have zero experience in a pharmacy or as a pharm tech and got in. You never know what can happen, your going to be a pharmacist one day either way so be happy for that :). I would recommend taking the PCAT once more and try your hardest to get into the 50th percentile. Last years MWU pharm class had an average I heard of a 380 composite on the PCAT. This is coming from a close friend who is actually a P1 there now.

I am a current student who was waitlisted from my interview (very early in the cycle) until June. I was obviously accepted and I have to tell you not to give up hope. What other schools did you interview with? Have you heard back from them? I dont want to discourage you from coming here but I would sit down and make a list of the pros and cons between all the schools you have interviewed with. Make the decision that way (if you were accepted somewhere else that is)

Thanks!

Are you looking to permanently relocate to IL? There are a lot of great surrounding cities that are cheaper and dog friendly that are within 15-20 minutes (yes that is a realistic commute time) of school. Let me know where you are coming from and how much you would like to spend and I can recommend some places that are around here

Are you looking to permanently relocate to IL? There are a lot of great surrounding cities that are cheaper and dog friendly that are within 15-20 minutes (yes that is a realistic commute time) of school. Let me know where you are coming from and how much you would like to spend and I can recommend some places that are around here
I'm from IL. No worries. Found a place.

I also think it really depends on how well you did on your interview. My GPAs weren't as great as yours, and I did alright on my PCAT. It was the interview that helps me gets in. Good luck to you!

I'm thinking of living on campus since I'm from CA and not used to the area and city. I heard the rent is pretty expensive around the school unless you have roommates.
Thanks so much for positive ideas..... I will keep hoping for the best.....

Yes you have a very good chance. I had a 2.90 GPA and a 400 PCAT composite. I tried my absolute best in school. I received an interview from four different pharmacy schools. I went to two interviews (Rosalind Franklin and Midwestern) ...I got into both. If you receive an interview at that point the schools pretty much have already agreed your a great candidate. It's winning them over at the interview that counts. Stand out! Be yourself! Don't stress, just be...a human being.
Thanks so much for the reply. This helps me at least relax until I hear back from them

I had mine on the 20th still haven't heard anything yet.... It's crazy and I can't even concentrate for my next interview this Saturday ...

I had mine on the 20th still haven't heard anything yet.... It's crazy and I can't even concentrate for my next interview this Saturday ...
don't worry, you haven't heard back because they haven't meet yet, you will hear good news soon

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Maybe they already met in Feb right before your interview? I had mine on Jan 28th, and they got back to me on Feb 18th. So just relax and focus on your next interview! Good luck!!!

I am a current student who was waitlisted from my interview (very early in the cycle) until June. I was obviously accepted and I have to tell you not to give up hope. What other schools did you interview with? Have you heard back from them? I dont want to discourage you from coming here but I would sit down and make a list of the pros and cons between all the schools you have interviewed with. Make the decision that way (if you were accepted somewhere else that is)
I interviewed at U of A in Tucson and I am on their alternate list. I am interviewing at Roseman in Henderson tomorrow. With Midwestern I wouldn't have to move my family so that is a big plus, I also loved the campus and the interns I have worked with all say great things.

I was in group 3, what about you? I wore black coat and stripe top
I was Group 5..... Last group finished interview. How do you think you did? I am so nervous. I made some silly mistakes such as dropped a pen on table during interview... grrrrrr and touch my damn hair as I do everyday... :((((

Lets us all keep our finger cross. ..... I do really really likeeeeeeee the school and rotation network they have.....

During my interview, one of admission recuiter said you can submit PCAT even if its unofficial. SO I would recommend retaking PCAT on July 9th which I am about to do. We can send in our update score on July and hopefully get in by August ....

I was Group 5..... Last group finished interview. How do you think you did? I am so nervous. I made some silly mistakes such as dropped a pen on table during interview... grrrrrr and touch my damn hair as I do everyday... :((((
you'll be fine, we all were nervous because it was important for all of us, I hope we all get in, I still don't remember you, where did you sit in the room that we all did writing essay? I was in row 2

you'll be fine, we all were nervous because it was important for all of us, I hope we all get in, I still don't remember you, where did you sit in the room that we all did writing essay? I was in row 2
I was the asian girl, sat row 3.... where black jacket with some red. From Arizona...

if I'm not wrong,you asked me before going to the room,I'm not sure but I remember 3 Asian girls( they were very nice ) , one from Ca , one from Minnesota and I think you , i'm not sure if you asked me the question about status ,that was you

Last edited:
:) oh i think i know who u are too
we talked at the waiting room before the interview started!!!

I interviewed at U of A in Tucson and I am on their alternate list. I am interviewing at Roseman in Henderson tomorrow. With Midwestern I wouldn't have to move my family so that is a big plus, I also loved the campus and the interns I have worked with all say great things.

Good luck with your interview today. All I can say is have faith and you will be good.

If you do not mind me asking…how did you feel about your interview afterwards?

They had many interview dates
wonder when they gonna meet haha
been waiting suks
I had my interview yesterday, and they said that the committee meets once a month, and it is usually during the end of the month…so they said March 4th interviewers should find out by 3-4 weeks the latest.

If you do not mind me asking…how did you feel about your interview afterwards?
I have not received an invite to interview from Midwestern. U of A is hard to say the interviewer talked more about himself than anything else. For Roseman I think it went really well, should know in a couple weeks.

Don't lose Hope, yes you have a chance ,your GPA is good ,I'm sure you would hear back soon

I am currently a PS-1 and I want to give you some insight and reduce some of the stress that a lot of you are going through and that I have gone through. Not sure if this was mentioned before, but Midwestern University is actually doing an "experiment" where they are trying to see if PCAT scores correlate to how well a student will do in the pharmacy program. Therefore, they have been accepting students from the past 4 years with PCAT scores averaging starting from 70, then the next year 60, 50, 40 and so forth. Our class's PCAT average was 40 and GPA was around 2.9-3.1 so they accepted a lot of people with low PCAT scores as well as high scores obviously. There are students accepted here that had a 25 on their PCAT, and bare minimum GPA. So they are barely looking at credentials, mostly how you do in your interview and extracurricular activities. Just "sell it", and they'll eat it up like cake, and help each other out. You're in a group. If someone is telling a story, look at them, act interested, and ask questions to the other student... its like a group conversation! and make sure you ask a question at the end obviously to the interviewer. Its March, and there are interviews still waiting to be given out. If you guys would like some stuff such as supplemental essay answers, interview questions and answers, questions to ask at the end of the interview, or any questions about Midwestern and the program in general just message me. I'll help you to the best of my ability :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
What
I am currently a PS-1 and I want to give you some insight and reduce some of the stress that a lot of you are going through and that I have gone through. Not sure if this was mentioned before, but Midwestern University is actually doing an "experiment" where they are trying to see if PCAT scores correlate to how well a student will do in the pharmacy program. Therefore, they have been accepting students from the past 4 years with PCAT scores averaging starting from 70, then the next year 60, 50, 40 and so forth. Our class's PCAT average was 40 and GPA was around 2.9-3.1 so they accepted a lot of people with low PCAT scores as well as high scores obviously. There are students accepted here that had a 25 on their PCAT, and bare minimum GPA. So they are barely looking at credentials, mostly how you do in your interview and extracurricular activities. Just "sell it", and they'll eat it up like cake, and help each other out. You're in a group. If someone is telling a story, look at them, act interested, and ask questions to the other student... its like a group conversation! and make sure you ask a question at the end obviously to the interviewer. Its March, and there are interviews still waiting to be given out. If you guys would like some stuff such as supplemental essay answers, interview questions and answers, questions to ask at the end of the interview, or any questions about Midwestern and the program in general just message me. I'll help you to the best of my ability :)
OMG i wish i knew these tips before i did my interview :-/

I GOT ACCEPTED. My interview was on March 4th!!!!!!!! I checked portal…..no email yet. BUT CHECK PORTAL!!!!!

I'm so happy, see you guys, I wish you all get in

Last edited: