Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I GOT ACCEPTED. My interview was on March 4th!!!!!!!! I checked portal….email yet. BUT CHECK PORTAL!!!!!
Congrats , really congrats

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
don't worry, they have many spots so you will hear very good news soon, I think you should email them and inform them how much Midwestern means to you, I'm sure this can help you a lot, I hope you hear good news soon

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called them and they haven't made any decision on my file yet.... Hopefully soon

don't worry, they have many spots so you will hear very good news soon, I think you should email them and inform them how much Midwestern means to you, I'm sure this can help you a lot, I hope you hear good news soon
Probably I screwed up my interview.... :/ just email Kerry, she said alternative list... Not even waiting list.... Ugh

Probably I screwed up my interview.... :/ just email Kerry, she said alternative list... Not even waiting list.... Ugh
Alternative list is the same as waiting list, Waiting list is for people that their application are hold and they have not receive interview and alternative list is for after interview( so don't worry),"They create alternate lists in case one of the people they accepted decides to pull their acceptance late in the game,This is how they insure that their class will be filled at the time of matriculation."( I copied this part from below address)
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/wait-list-vs-alternate-list.111311/
so don't worry, I'm sure many people are accepted other pharmacy schools so withdraw or ignore their MW acceptance , you just need to contact admission by phone or email constantly and inform them how much MW is important for you and your education, don't lose hope I'm sure you hear very good news soon

Last edited:
Also another thing, you can send another recommendation letter from your professors or pharmacist ,I have heard that helps a lot.

Alternative list is the same as waiting list, Waiting list is for people that their application are hold an they have not receive interview and alternative list is for after interview( so don't worry),"They create alternate lists in case one of the people they accepted decides to pull their acceptance late in the game,This is how they insure that their class will be filled at the time of matriculation."( I copied this part from below address)
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/wait-list-vs-alternate-list.111311/
so don't worry, I'm sure many people are accepted other pharmacy schools so withdraw or ignore their MW acceptance , you just need to contact admission by phone or email constantly and inform them how much MW is important for you and your education, don't lose hope I'm sure you hear very good news soon
I should have look over more post to see what I can do to make my application stronger and count. I really hope I can get in this year. I sent email for Kerry already. She said any news from Committee will be notify... Praying... And Thank you for all your support and nice words.

I recently got accepted. I will be withdrawing my application though because I got accepted into my top choice. It should open up a spot :) Good luck everyone!

I recently got accepted. I will be withdrawing my application though because I got accepted into my top choice. It should open up a spot :) Good luck everyone!
I think I know you :), are you from IL and taking courses in COD?

I think I know you :), are you from IL and taking courses in COD?
Well I'm from Chicago but I'm currently taking courses at Wright College. I was interviewed on February 20 :)

Midwestern University - Chicago College of Pharmacy

Noticed there wasn't a thread yet, so figured I'd start one for you guys. :)
Good luck to everyone applying!

I'm a PS-1, so not too long ago I was in your shoes.
Feel free to ask questions, post stats, whatever! I'll try to answer everything to the best of my ability.

Again, good luck!

Some resource for you guys:
Last year's thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/midwestern-ccp-c-o-2018.1012465/
Class of 2017 thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/midwestern-ccp-c-o-2017.947581/
Class of 2016 thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/midwestern-ccp-c-o-2016.849602/
Class of 2015 thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/midwestern-ccp-il-c-o-2015.763981/

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
I just received my interview date for April 24th, I believe this is the last day of interviews. I am so nervous because it's the last day and I feel like all seats might already be filled. What do you think?!! Any advice?!

don't worry at all, they have many spots, just focus on your interview and you definitely be fine, be relaxed and yourself , review interview questions for Midwestern

Hello,
I just received my interview date for April 24th, I believe this is the last day of interviews. I am so nervous because it's the last day and I feel like all seats might already be filled. What do you think?!! Any advice?!
don't worry at all, they have many spots, just focus on your interview and you definitely be fine, be relaxed and yourself , review interview questions for Midwestern

Thank you so much for the fast reply!! That's all iv been worried about the fact that it may be way too late and my chances are less. But thank you! Where can I possibly find questions?

Thank you so much for the fast reply!! That's all iv been worried about the fact that it may be way too late and my chances are less. But thank you! Where can I possibly find questions?
It is very laid back, it is group interview, just review questions from the site
I felt very prepared after I reviewed those

they will ask you
introduce yourself
why pharmacy?why MW?
how do you wanna handle and manage the rigor of pharmacy school?
very easy question ,just be relaxed and you 'll be fine

Hello,
They also asked me what I want to get out from the program. Just practice all questions and show them your interest in their school. also, Ask them a question at the end of the interview. try to add new ideas when you answer why MW. and make friends haha. Good luck! :)

My interview is on April 24th. Nervous because of it being the last day for interviews...So idk what to expect...

My interview is on April 24th. Nervous because of it being the last day for interviews...So idk what to expect...
don't worry, they have many spots so just focus on your interview, you ll be fine

@Juju B

Nice!! From listening to everyone, I'm sure we are going to do fine!!

I will withdraw my application from MWU , got accepted to my top choice school, good luck

Hello! To current students attending MWU, I was wondering if you could give me a bit more insight on the curriculum? I just want to make sure it's something I'd fit in. I tried to research this on the school's website but it doesn't go into specifics. Give me the nitty gritty! Do you have more than one exam every week? What's an average day like, is it very stressful? How many years of didactic coursework is there compared to experiential/rotations? Thank you in advance. :)

I have my interview on Wednesday and will be flying in from CA. Let me know if anyone also has an interview that date!

Has anyone heard of anything yet? It's all quiet in here now. @PillyDally how was your interview? Still more seats?

I did my interview way back in the beginning of March and heard from them a week later. Fortunately I was accepted into the school. So for those of you who are still doing their interview for this school dont lose hope :)

I did my interview way back in the beginning of March and heard from them a week later. Fortunately I was accepted into the school. So for those of you who are still doing their interview for this school dont lose hope :)

Sorry for the double post :(

Yea our interview was yesterday...so hopefully good news come in this week coming up

Hi, is anyone still looking for a roommate? I'm from California and will be new to the area. Message me so we can search for a place together or if anyone has a place/room available for me. Thanks!

I am currently a PS-1 and I want to give you some insight and reduce some of the stress that a lot of you are going through and that I have gone through. Not sure if this was mentioned before, but Midwestern University is actually doing an "experiment" where they are trying to see if PCAT scores correlate to how well a student will do in the pharmacy program. Therefore, they have been accepting students from the past 4 years with PCAT scores averaging starting from 70, then the next year 60, 50, 40 and so forth. Our class's PCAT average was 40 and GPA was around 2.9-3.1 so they accepted a lot of people with low PCAT scores as well as high scores obviously. There are students accepted here that had a 25 on their PCAT, and bare minimum GPA. So they are barely looking at credentials, mostly how you do in your interview and extracurricular activities. Just "sell it", and they'll eat it up like cake, and help each other out. You're in a group. If someone is telling a story, look at them, act interested, and ask questions to the other student... its like a group conversation! and make sure you ask a question at the end obviously to the interviewer. Its March, and there are interviews still waiting to be given out. If you guys would like some stuff such as supplemental essay answers, interview questions and answers, questions to ask at the end of the interview, or any questions about Midwestern and the program in general just message me. I'll help you to the best of my ability :)
I have been waitlisted for an interview since February. I sent in a letter of continued interest and spoke to an advisor who told me based on the Deans notes on my application everything looked really good but my PCAT was too low (40th percentile). I am not sure where you heard about this "experiment" but it must not apply to the Glendale campus.

I have been waitlisted for an interview since February. I sent in a letter of continued interest and spoke to an advisor who told me based on the Deans notes on my application everything looked really good but my PCAT was too low (40th percentile). I am not sure where you heard about this "experiment" but it must not apply to the Glendale campus.
I 'm sure you will get in MW , don't lose your hope

Is there any place where I can actually look at real pictures of the dorms on campus besides the blueprint ones? I am not from Illinois and I would love to save a trip there if I can look at pictures on the computer rather than scheduling an appointment for a tour. If not…does anyone have the best advice on which one you would think I would like?!

it looks like we are all on waiting to hear back too. Mine interview was on the 24th

I was accepted and have sent in my deposit. :) Looking forward to meeting everyone! To those who know the area well, where are some good places to live? Also, does the school provide any sources for finding roommates?

Thanks!

I was accepted and have sent in my deposit. :) Looking forward to meeting everyone! To those who know the area well, where are some good places to live? Also, does the school provide any sources for finding roommates?

Thanks!
Hey when was your interview?

I guess no supplemental application then! I checked supplement application link, nothing's there.
I was confused because i thought MWU CCP doesnt require supplemental according to pharmcas.
But when i talked to admission's office person, he/she told me there is one.
I guess it changed :p
thanks!
There's only a supplemental once you are accepted I believe

I too had the same PCAT score but I got accepted. I guess because my chemistry and biology were 80%. You just have to be well rounded and be like able in the interview

Hey, i interviewed back in February, heard back like 5 days later, got accepted! sorry found this thread late. Congrats to everyone going next year!

Just received notice that Midwestern had concluded their interviews and end of cycle letters will be sent out soon. Congrats to everyone that got accepted!

Does this technology fee include a laptop specifically for classwork?

Just received notice that Midwestern had concluded their interviews and end of cycle letters will be sent out soon. Congrats to everyone that got accepted!

Did you get accepted there or somewhere else

Is anyone looking for a roommate?
I am! Do you know if the school offers any database or anything to look for roommates?

Hi, is anyone still looking for a roommate? I'm from California and will be new to the area. Message me so we can search for a place together or if anyone has a place/room available for me. Thanks!
I'm also from California and will be new to the area. Did you end up finding a roommate or housing? If so, where at? Thanks in advance!

Is anyone looking for a roommate?
Hi, did you end up finding a place to stay? If so, which apartment would you recommend? I'm starting my housing search and it's a bit challenging as I can't physically be there to look until I'm ready to move in.

Last edited: