Midwestern Class of 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an interview this Wednesday (Sept 9)! I submitted my VMCAS on Aug 13 and received my invitation to interview on Aug 19. Anyone who has already interviewed have any advice for the rest of us? :) good luck to everyone out there applying!
Wow! What a quick turnaround!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow! What a quick turnaround!

Yeah! I was given three choices of interviewing Sept 2, Sept 7, and Sept 9. So they get you through the process quick. From what I hear, after your interview you get your acceptance/denial within two weeks.

Yeah! I was given three choices of interviewing Sept 2, Sept 7, and Sept 9. So they get you through the process quick. From what I hear, after your interview you get your acceptance/denial within two weeks.
Your vmcas verification was quite quick! I always hear 2ish weeks to be verified. Sheesh! Lol was your invite via email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Your vmcas verification was quite quick! I always hear 2ish weeks to be verified. Sheesh! Lol was your invite via email?
Yeah! My VMCAS was verified within 48 hours of submission. I think I just got lucky and submitted at the right time. Then on the 18th I got an email saying that my application was complete and was being reviewed by Midwestern and then woke up to an interview invitation on the 19th!

Yeah! My VMCAS was verified within 48 hours of submission. I think I just got lucky and submitted at the right time. Then on the 18th I got an email saying that my application was complete and was being reviewed by Midwestern and then woke up to an interview invitation on the 19th!
Nice! Sounds like you did! I submitted mine on Friday at 6am. But the long holiday week is working against me with the VMCAS ppl being off on Monday probably. Meh.. mine is in "verification" stage rifht now. So we will see! Excited for you!

Reactions: 1 user
You can definitely bring family with you, when I had my interview the Dean mentioned that they love having family come too! It was a really good day, my best advice would be to just a be yourself and try not to get to stressed or nervous, you will do fine! The staff and interviewers are super friendly and make you feel right at home!

Also, did any of you have family members come with you to the interview day? I haven't seen anything about it anywhere. My mom was interested in coming for the campus tour/financial aid presentation that they discussed in the interview email. I didn't know if that was allowed or not though. Obviously she would do her own thing while I was actually interviewing!
A couple of students had parents there.

You can definitely bring family with you, when I had my interview the Dean mentioned that they love having family come too! It was a really good day, my best advice would be to just a be yourself and try not to get to stressed or nervous, you will do fine! The staff and interviewers are super friendly and make you feel right at home!
I agree! Just relax and be yourself!

They said that grades are less than 50% of what they base your acceptance on. Do not panic!
Okay bc i didnt have much time to study for the gre the first time and got in the 140s for both and didnt have money to pay for second time bc of my husbands mom needing financial assistance until sge got a job..

One of my eLOR's hasn't been submitted, but the other four have. My application says "verifying." Can it be verified without having my last eLOR submitted or should I delete the evaluator?

One of my eLOR's hasn't been submitted, but the other four have. My application says "verifying." Can it be verified without having my last eLOR submitted or should I delete the evaluator?
As long as you have the required 3 ELors it can be verified.

So I emailed MWU and got the stats for the most recent class

The DVM 2019 class stats:

Class Size: 102
Overall GPA: 3.35
Science GPA: 3.25
GRE: 53%

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Wunderbar! Danke! This is the averages right?? Or the cut off. Just want to make sure lol.

Here are the 2018 stats for those interested:
Female: 87%
Male: 13%
Average Age: 25
Average Overall GPA: 3.19
Average Science GPA: 3.25
Average Composite GRE: 56.1

Does anyone know how to calculate the composite GRE score? I've looked into it and can't seem to quite understand

Hey guys,
Does anyone know how their interview invite cycle works? Do they send out invites in waves? For example I know many people interviewed this past week and even today so will they be sending out another round of invites in a week or so? Or are they continuously sending out interview invites? Just wondering!

I think its continuous bc of rolling admissions and not everyone has submitted tgeir vmcas yet and they have to take those as they come in too.

Does anyone know how to calculate the composite GRE score? I've looked into it and can't seem to quite understand
I can send an email and ask

They sais that they take the 3 percentile scores and average them for the total percentile score. They sais they normally look at applicants withe 50% and above for their programs.

Last edited:
For interviews they do rolling admissions. Today was the third day of interviews for this cycle. They said they will be doing interviews until February ish.

I called admissions, and they said the committee was meeting today and you should see a change on your "accepted checklist" either tonight or tomorrow if you have already interviewed!

I called admissions, and they said the committee was meeting today and you should see a change on your "accepted checklist" either tonight or tomorrow if you have already interviewed!
That's so exciting!! I'll be stalking it now!

I know, I've been checking every 3o minutes lol!

Has anyone's been updated? I interviewed yesterday and it isn't showing anything yet. They told me it should update Friday or Monday at the latest.

Has anyone's been updated? I interviewed yesterday and it isn't showing anything yet.

nothing yet. I bet they will update it tomorrow because it is 7:00 pm there right now and I haven't seen a change (assuming I got accepted, which idk yet).

Last edited:
Well, I got my interview invitation email at 12:38am AZ time according to my email, so who knows.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh God, so I'll be checking all night long!! :p

Step 1: Take two 25mg of diphenhydramine, crush them up.
Step 2. Pour glass of rum, mix with coke (or other favorite beverage).
Step 3. Add crushed diphenydramine to above rum and coke
Step 4: Sleep like you have never slept before.

(Warning: This is not official advice, please do NOT actually attempt the above. Unless you are some sort of professional with alcohol and drugs, then by all means do as you wish)

Reactions: 2 users
Step 1: Take two 25mg of diphenhydramine, crush them up.
Step 2. Pour glass of rum, mix with coke (or other favorite beverage).
Step 3. Add crushed diphenydramine to above rum and coke
Step 4: Sleep like you have never slept before.

(Warning: This is not official advice, please do NOT actually attempt the above. Unless you are some sort of professional with alcohol and drugs, then by all means do as you wish)

LMAO!!! Ironically, I have my diet coke in hand with rum in the liquor cabinet.. ;) Love you disclaimer at the bottom!

I keep checking too!! I wonder if it will only change if we are accepted? Or will it say if we are rejected or alternate?

I keep checking too!! I wonder if it will only change if we are accepted? Or will it say if we are rejected or alternate?

It will only change if you are accepted. If you are waitlisted or rejected, you will see no change! If I see no change by tomorrow, I will call to see if I was rejected or waitlisted. They will tell you over the phone!

It will only change if you are accepted. If you are waitlisted or rejected, you will see no change! If I see no change by tomorrow, I will call to see if I was rejected or waitlisted. They will tell you over the phone!
How many interviewed this round?! Excited for you guys! :D

It will only change if you are accepted. If you are waitlisted or rejected, you will see no change! If I see no change by tomorrow, I will call to see if I was rejected or waitlisted. They will tell you over the phone![/QUO
. Yikes! This will be nail biting!!!

Hey guys!
I thought I would join in on the fun :) I'm also waiting to hear back and continuously refreshing haha good luck everyone! I interviewed the 9th and I think there were 8 or 9 as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys!
I thought I would join in on the fun :) I'm also waiting to hear back and continuously refreshing haha good luck everyone! I interviewed the 9th and I think there were 8 or 9 as well.
There were eight! I was that day as well. Good luck to you!

Officially going to bury myself in Animal Behavior, Evolution, and Anatomy notes to distract myself! If you guys hear anything, let me know!

Last edited:
I'm starting to think they are not going to post it until Monday.

They might be waiting until after lunch, I keep reminding myself that they are 2 hours behind where I am!

I am going to call in a couple of hours... I am forcing myself to try and be patient and wait until at least 3:30 their time. I am sure they are super busy!

So I called.. And they told me that the meeting was canceled because the majority of the people couldn't make it at the scheduled time. And she doesn't know what date the meeting was rescheduled to. I'm sorry you guys!

Did they ever mention while you guys were there when they would be sending out the next batch of interview invites?

So I called.. And they told me that the meeting was canceled because the majority of the people couldn't make it at the scheduled time. And she doesn't know what date the meeting was rescheduled to. I'm sorry you guys!
Oh no!! That stinks! I sure hope we will hear soon!!!