Midwestern Class of 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Curious which schools people are deciding between? Anyone struggling to choose between MWU and another school?

Back when I was still deciding it was between MWU and Royal Veterinary College in London. Ended up picking MWU :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Me four! Hrgh.

I wonder if they will do most of the calls for alternates on Monday/next week? Is there anyone here from last year who can shed some light on this?

I am a nervous wreck! I want a seat so bad!! I'm assuming they will start calling on Monday....but truthfully I've heard the phone calls can go all the way to August.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am so nervous too!!! I'm also assuming that they'll start calling on Monday but I will have my phone out tomorrow just incase...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone considered reapplying to get into a cheaper school? How are you justifying the loans?

Today's the day, guys! Cross my fingers for all of us!

Got the call at 9:55! Class of 2020 here I come!!!

Reactions: 6 users
I called earlier and she said they had 92 deposits and 49 alternates

I called to be taken off the waitlist because I got into another school. Hope that it helps. Good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
This makes me so sad. I've been anxious all day (and year).....

Same... I guess there's still the tiniest chance there could be more calls tomorrow? I don't really know how it works.

Yes we still have a chance. The alternates they called today have until Friday to pay their deposit. Then they go back to the list.

So quiet on here now. I'm assuming no one else has heard anything?
No. Nothing. I think you're right. We won't get another call until Monday. I'm surprised the don't take like 105 students. I've heard the previous 2 classes have had a handful of students drop out...
Fingers crossed for everyone on here.

I'm almost certain they will take a few over 100. Our class was 105. You lose students each quarter, so having a few extras is going to be beneficial.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Hi guys,

I got a call on Monday from MWU offering me a seat and I decided to decline my offer at U of I and come to Midwestern! It was a tough decision but I loved the school wayyyy too much to resist and was super sad when I didn't get in. And they will most likely do the next round of calls Monday since they mentioned how we have until Friday to decide!

Reactions: 4 users
Curious which schools people are deciding between? Anyone struggling to choose between MWU and another school?
I was trying to decide between MWU and U of Illinois but I decided to go to MWU. Everyone was saying going to the cheaper school but the tuition difference was only about $7000 a year. I loved MWU when I toured it and really wanted to go. They have a great facility and do surgeries second year!

Are you having a hard time deciding?

I was trying to decide between MWU and U of Illinois but I decided to go to MWU. Everyone was saying going to the cheaper school but the tuition difference was only about $7000 a year. I loved MWU when I toured it and really wanted to go. They have a great facility and do surgeries second year!

Are you having a hard time deciding?
Thanks for your response :) Yes, I'm struggling a bit because I got into very expensive schools, and made a mistake on my application for my instate so I was never able to be considered. So, for me I feel that I'll always wonder if I don't reapply. Im only hesitant due to cost and the debt-income ratio out there.

Thanks for your response :) Yes, I'm struggling a bit because I got into very expensive schools, and made a mistake on my application for my instate so I was never able to be considered. So, for me I feel that I'll always wonder if I don't reapply. Im only hesitant due to cost and the debt-income ratio out there.

Right, I was worried about that as well. Since there was no chance for me to get IS tuition in Illinois the tuition between the two schools was close. I would be a different choice if I could qualify for the $26,000 a year instead of the $45,000. For me I figured I will be in debt no matter what and I would rather spend 4 years at a school I love rather than a school that is just okay. Go where your heart wants to go!:happy:

Reactions: 2 users
Biggest thing is to ask for help before you get too far behind. I made that mistake and failed an exam this quarter and now I meet with my professor every week and he is helping me. If you are willing to put in the effort and willing to ask for the help, the faculty is AMAZING about helping you out.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Literally no point in getting frustrated over it. Not your life, not your money, not your problem or decision. If you get this way every time someone decides not to take your advice, you're going to be frustrated way more than necessary :shrug:

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Literally no point getting frustrated over it. Not your life, not your money, not your problem or decision. If you get this way every time someone decides not to take your advice, you're going to be frustrated way more than necessary :shrug:

Who said I was frustrated? I didn't say I was frustrated, nor do any of those indicate frustration.

Who said I was frustrated? I didn't say I was frustrated, nor do any of those indicate frustration.

I don't see the point of the comment other than to indicate frustration...

I don't see the point of the comment other than to indicate frustration...

Sounds like your problem, not mine.

ETA: There is such a thing as not assuming what someone was trying to say or what they were trying to get across and hmm... talking to them with words and asking what they meant by their post. I know it is an odd concept.

Sounds like your problem, not mine.

ETA: There is such a thing as not assuming what someone was trying to say or what they were trying to get across and hmm... talking to them with words and asking what they meant by their post. I know it is an odd concept.

Is that what you were doing in your post with only emojis? :rolleyes: If you would like to elaborate on what your intentions were, please elaborate. If not, I really don't see the point of continuing this conversation.

Reactions: 3 users
Is that what you were doing in your post with only emojis? :rolleyes:

1. I didn't make any assumptions about that person's post.
2. I reacted to it. You can make a reaction without using words.

The poking stick equals = same story, different person
The head beat= yet again someone giving bad advice with the "go where your heart says"
The dead horse= not worth repeating same convo over again about bad advice.

It was a way to react without turning it into another long ass conversation that takes over a thread. Thanks to you, that purpose has now been defeated.

Not that it should matter to you at all. I do find it comical you attempting to give me some sort of "lesson" about what to be or not be "frustrated" over when I wasn't frustrated at all.

It was a way to react without turning it into another long ass conversation that takes over a thread
You're just so thoughtful :love: really though, I wasn't trying to start a fight. I just want you to know that those kinds of responses are completely unnecessary and you've made your point loud and clear elsewhere. Why come to this thread and act that way when someone is excited about attending THEIR vet school? Literally no point.

Reactions: 6 users
I just want you to know that those kinds of responses are completely unnecessary

Are you the posting police? That post wasn't in any way harmful to anyone. I didn't curse at anyone, say anything bad, or even turn anything into a giant argument. I simply posted a reaction and if you can't handle someone reacting to or responding to a post in a public forum that you might not like, you probably shouldn't post in a public forum.

No where did I belittle the person's acceptance either.

Maybe you are just being a bit sensitive over something that had nothing to do with you?

tumblr_mglgweAG1K1r7tu5do1_500.gif

Reactions: 5 users
I for one, I'm glad that as a vet student I'll have a crapton of time to procrastinate

Everyone needs to remain professional here. Even when you disagree.

To be quite honest any poster can post in any thread even if they don't go to that school. You also don't have to agree.

Hi guys,

I got a call on Monday from MWU offering me a seat and I decided to decline my offer at U of I and come to Midwestern! It was a tough decision but I loved the school wayyyy too much to resist and was super sad when I didn't get in. And they will most likely do the next round of calls Monday since they mentioned how we have until Friday to decide!

Hi, I was just curious as to when your interview was? I am also on the alternate list and would like to know what my chances are looking like..

Hi, I was just curious as to when your interview was? I am also on the alternate list and would like to know what my chances are looking like..
I emailed them and as of today 97/102 seats are filled and 33 people are left on the alternate list.

I interviewed back in November 4th. I was among the first alternates to get called off the list, so you still have a chance!!! Don't give up!