Midwestern Class of 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Portal question: so on the recommend materials part or checklist or w.e it only shows "recommendation letters" with a green check mark by it. Is there anything else they would be including to that

Members don't see this ad.

They sent out an email. I heard they also sent a snail mail too. They didn't update anything on my portal.

Thanks for letting me know! If you don't mind answering, when were you invited?
I got an interview invite last year in June and wasn't accepted until late July (because I was on the alternate list)

I received an invite for an interview today on my portal. It's scheduled for November 4th!!!! Any advice on what to wear?

Honestly, they suggest a suit because we wear business casual as accepted students. But there was a girl in my interview group who wore business casual and still got accepted. In my opinion, a suit is the best option. And wear comfortable shoes because you get to take two walking tours!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually got wait-listed for an interview (kind of figured since I never got an interview invite). Just wondering what are the chances of them interviewing the wait-list students?
I was a wait list interview. I got my invite in March! Don't fret! And also, if you haven't heard anything from them by late February, send them an email showing your interested in an interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Portal question: so on the recommend materials part or checklist or w.e it only shows "recommendation letters" with a green check mark by it. Is there anything else they would be including to that
Nope, that should be it.

I received an invite for an interview today on my portal. It's scheduled for November 4th!!!! Any advice on what to wear?

My biggest advice is to wear comfortable shoes. The tour includes A LOT of walking and us girls who wore heels were leaning up against walls and railings by the end of the day because our feet were so tired.

For everyone asking... here is a timeline of how long the process took for me, it was super quick! Although I applied really early and was in one of the very first interview groups. I didn't even set up my portal until I got an interview invite, but I had no clue they did rolling admissions or that I was even supposed to set up the portal. It is my instate school, therefore I felt like I should apply, although I honestly hadn't done all that much research into MWU before I got my interview date. The timeline for me though:

Submitted VMCAS: Aug 13
Verified by VMCAS: Aug 14
MWU emailed and said my application was complete and being reviewed: Aug 18 (I think they probably sent me the portal link in this email, I just didn't pay attention to it)
Interview Invitation: Aug 19
Interview: Sept 9
Accepted: Sept 15

Hey, thanks for your timeline! I also live in AZ. :)

Nothing on my end. With how quickly the process seems to be going for others, I'm beginning to get a bit anxious.
Yeah that is why I am so anxious too...
Maybe they send them out in waves?

Guys, take a deep breath. MWU (and every other school you may have applied to) will be sending out interview invites into early next year. At this point you can't change anything for this application cycle, so focus on rocking out your current classes if you have them, and if you don't, look at how you can improve your application for next year. Do you need more experience hours or experience in different areas? Get it! Also, enjoy this time. Vet school is super intense, so enjoy the time between now and starting classes.

Reactions: 4 users
Just be like this sloth:
1zmK5xY

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have been searching for a Midwestern c/o 2020 for days now and finally found one! I'm a newbie on this site! Incase anyone is interested in more timeline info I submitted my Midwestern Application 8/15/15, got verified 9/13 -ish, and received an email for an interview on my birthday (9/16- woke up to a wonderful gift!). My interview day is 10/21. Anyone else going this day!? I am so excited to go! I am excited to see the school and Arizona itself!

My Stats
GPA 3.5
Science 3.4
GRE- embarrassingly LOW :dead:
Equine: 86+
SA: 402
Wildlife/exotics: 240+
research: ZERO
Extracurricular activites: lots! (very diverse- alot of community outreach work)

Willkommen!! And I have not gotten any feedback since opening my portal on the 22nd and 23rd having my app reviewed. Did you get notified via email?

Hey everyone! So I am gathering form this thread that the turnover time to get an interview invite from the time you are verified by Midwestern is about 3 days? Midwestern just got my GRE scores yesterday and told me they are going to start the review process of my application yesterday via email. So either way we should get an invite or an email to be put on a wait list fairly soon after they receive all of your info/verification since they are rolling? I am pretty new to this whole thing. I wish everyone the best of luck!

Willkommen!! And I have not gotten any feedback since opening my portal on the 22nd and 23rd having my app reviewed. Did you get notified via email?

Yes, I got notified via email about the interview before even setting up a portal. The email told me how to set up my portal, prior to that I had no idea we were supposed to...:thinking:

Yes, I got notified via email about the interview before even setting up a portal. The email told me how to set up my portal, prior to that I had no idea we were supposed to...:thinking:
Oh okay. Yeah there are a few of us here that are still kind of in limbo. Not waitlisted but no interview either. Just threw us off because the turn around was quick for people getting interviewed and waitlisted.

Oh okay. Yeah there are a few of us here that are still kind of in limbo. Not waitlisted but no interview either. Just threw us off because the turn around was quick for people getting interviewed and waitlisted.

Your application has been verified correct? I think maybe your application may still be in the evaluation pile? Now that the due date has come and gone, perhaps they are simply just overwhelmed! I am sure they will contact you soon. If not, maybe try calling? I hear they are good at giving us answers when we call :)

Hey everyone! So I am gathering form this thread that the turnover time to get an interview invite from the time you are verified by Midwestern is about 3 days? Midwestern just got my GRE scores yesterday and told me they are going to start the review process of my application yesterday via email. So either way we should get an invite or an email to be put on a wait list fairly soon after they receive all of your info/verification since they are rolling? I am pretty new to this whole thing. I wish everyone the best of luck!

It looks like it depends. Some of us are getting quick turnarounds but others are waiting a bit longer to hear from them. I'd make a phonecall and see what is going on :)

Your application has been verified correct? I think maybe your application may still be in the evaluation pile? Now that the due date has come and gone, perhaps they are simply just overwhelmed! I am sure they will contact you soon. If not, maybe try calling? I hear they are good at giving us answers when we call :)
Yes. They said they have all of my materials!

I would call. Because I don't think they show anything if you did get wait listed. At least that was my impression from what they told me
Yeah it was yesterday at 2:52am in the email that I was told this. It just throws me off because they said they would notify when they made a decision. Not contacting or updating isn't much of a notification lol

It's been just a little over two days now since I recieved the "Your materials are completed" email (also around 2:53 AM, ha), but I've heard nothing since, either. I know that with the VMCAS deadline having passed and all that, the turnaround may start taking longer, though, so I think I'll give it another week before I mentally consider myself on the interview waitlist.

It's been just a little over two days now since I recieved the "Your materials are completed" email (also around 2:53 AM, ha), but I've heard nothing since, either. I know that with the VMCAS deadline having passed and all that, the turnaround may start taking longer, though, so I think I'll give it another week before I mentally consider myself on the interview waitlist.
Same here

I hope they keep moving right on through applications though. I need to know!!
Agreed! It's funny because I got a fortune cookie two nights ago saying something like "you will have new opportunities coming to you on tuesday" so yeah I saved it haha!

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed! It's funny because I got a fortune cookie two nights ago saying something like "you will have new opportunities coming to you on tuesday" so yeah I saved it haha!

Haha! I hope that means you will hear from them on Tuesday! ^_^

Haha! I hope that means you will hear from them on Tuesday! ^_^
I may call sometime next week just to ask on an update on my app info; I am not going to be like, "so where am I at in your gigantic pile apps?!" Haha!

I guess I am a bit obsessed with this whole application process so I've been checking the Midwestern portal for no apparent reason. Well I just checked and saw that I have been invited for an interview, they hadn't even emailed me yet. I am going out October 14, I'm excited. Does any one that has already interviewed have any advice? Would you mind sharing some of the questions asked?

I'm going out Oct. 14th also. Can't wait! See ya there!

No luck. Darn Chinese fortune cookie!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else have trouble setting up their portal? Got the link today at 8 and just now tried to set it up and then it tells me I'm putting in some information incorrectly. :help:

Did anyone else have trouble setting up their portal? Got the link today at 8 and just now tried to set it up and then it tells me I'm putting in some information incorrectly. :help:
No problems here. Whats going on with it

I'm not entirely sure, put all of my information correctly and it says not authorized to setup a portal, which they clearly sent me a link tonight. No I tried too many times and can't try again for another hour. If I have the same problem I'm going to email them :( I was so excited.

I'm not entirely sure, put all of my information correctly and it says not authorized to setup a portal, which they clearly sent me a link tonight. No I tried too many times and can't try again for another hour. If I have the same problem I'm going to email them :( I was so excited.
I had the same issue, so I called them, and it turned out that they had the wrong address on file because I recently moved and changed it. Even though it was updated on the VMCAS before submission, VMCAS somehow sent my old address to all of my schools. Once I let Midwestern know, they fixed the issue within the day and I got access. Hope that helped!

Thank you!! I emailed them so just hoping to get a response soon:)

I received an interview invite yesterday morning! Be sure to look under the "interview scheduling" section when checking your portal.. There was not a message or update on the "home" page of my portal!! I'll be there November 18th! That's the only date left before December interviews.

I received an interview invite yesterday morning! Be sure to look under the "interview scheduling" section when checking your portal.. There was not a message or update on the "home" page of my portal!! I'll be there November 18th! That's the only date left before December interviews.
When were you told that they received your materials?

Last edited:
9/24-Verified Through VMCAS
9/26-MWU Application Complete
9/30-Interview Invite

Have my interview scheduled for Wednesday, November 18th. It was the only day available to me. Very excited to hear so many good things about the school.

Just received an interview invite! November 18th! I was beginning to lose hope about my chances.

Ahhhh! Is this even real life right now!? :biglove:

Congratulations and good luck, everyone! I was finally verified through VMCAS today and received an email from MWU to set up my portal a few hours later :) Here's to hoping an interview invite comes shortly! :happy:

I had the same issue, so I called them, and it turned out that they had the wrong address on file because I recently moved and changed it. Even though it was updated on the VMCAS before submission, VMCAS somehow sent my old address to all of my schools. Once I let Midwestern know, they fixed the issue within the day and I got access. Hope that helped!

Called they apparently didn't have any address listed for me!? And they proceeded to give me older address from when I applied for the 2014 cycle:inpain:. Now just waiting for an answer!

Called they apparently didn't have any address listed for me!? And they proceeded to give me older address from when I applied for the 2014 cycle:inpain:. Now just waiting for an answer!

Glad you figured it out! There is definitely some glitch in the VMCAS system that needs to be worked out. I ended up having to contact every single one of my 12 schools to make sure they had the correct address on file. It was a pain, but I'd rather they have the correct address than have any confusion about my residency.

Just received an interview invite! November 18th! I was beginning to lose hope about my chances.

Ahhhh! Is this even real life right now!? :biglove:
Actually, turns out that my interview isn't on the 18th. Apparently I waited too long to actually register for that date (I'm a tutor and I had a student come in who I had to help), and within about half an hour of me first seeing the invite, the November 18th date had already filled. I talked to admissions, and it looks like I have to wait until more dates open up. :( I mean, I still am going to interview regardless, but still. I am astonished that it filled that quickly.

Actually, turns out that my interview isn't on the 18th. Apparently I waited too long to actually register for that date (I'm a tutor and I had a student come in who I had to help), and within about half an hour of me first seeing the invite, the November 18th date had already filled. I talked to admissions, and it looks like I have to wait until more dates open up. :( I mean, I still am going to interview regardless, but still. I am astonished that it filled that quickly.

That's awful :(... On the bright side atleast you received an interview! Regardless you will have the chance to rock it and make them want you! :)

Hello!

I'm a bit new here (okay, I just registered about ten minutes ago), but I thought I should join in on this thread as I also applied to Midwestern and was very surprised this morning to see an interview invitation in my inbox!

Cumulative GPA: 3.3 (I struggled with direction in my earlier college years)
Science GPA: ~3.5
Last 45 Hours GPA: ~3.8
GRE: 155 V (67%) / Analytical writing (93%) / I can't remember my quant. score at the moment, but it was mediocre.

Veterinary Experience: ~4800 small animal shelter/clinic, ophthalmology, ~25 hours large animal/equine, 50 hours clinical pathology lab

Animal Experience: 450 hours zoo/avian, 50 hours large animal

Research Experience: N/A

As of now I am looking at attending the December 2nd interview. I wish I could have gotten an earlier one, but it'd be nice to have an answer before the holidays if possible.

Last edited: