Midwestern Class of 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good morning! I just got an invite for an interview as well. What a great way to wake up!

Only dates listed for me were Dec 2nd or Dec 9th, so I went with the 12/2. Long time to wait, but I'm super excited.

Members don't see this ad.

Just registered for the next available date. Officially interviewing at Midwestern on December 2nd! :cat:

I am so honored and shocked to have received an interview with what I honestly believe to be pretty mediocre stats. I guess there is some hope for me yet! :angelic:
Looks like you have had a HUGE upswing in grades. That's likely a big factor because it shows how hard you can work. Congrats on the interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I love your shepherd :)

Thanks! I call her mutt-face, or "brown dog" because we have no idea. Even one of those DNA tests said... "Inconclusive, 3% chihuahua." Ummm. No.

Hey guys, I am going to be at the December 2nd interview day as well. Is anyone planning on staying in town over night? Im thinking about staying for a few days just to check out the city.

Hey guys, I am going to be at the December 2nd interview day as well. Is anyone planning on staying in town over night? Im thinking about staying for a few days just to check out the city.
My mom and I are still trying to work out our plans, but I think we're going to fly in on Tuesday morning/early afternoon and stay until Thursday.

My mom and I are still trying to work out our plans, but I think we're going to fly in on Tuesday morning/early afternoon and stay until Thursday.

I'm flying in on Tuesday and heading back on Thursday. Not thrilled about having to miss three days of class, but thankfully my professors all understood.

I've never been to Arizona, so I am curious as to what it is like - one of my goals is to find a saguaro cactus. XD

I'm flying in on Tuesday and heading back on Thursday. Not thrilled about having to miss three days of class, but thankfully my professors all understood.

I've never been to Arizona, so I am curious as to what it is like - one of my goals is to find a saguaro cactus. XD
Saguaros are everywhere here. You shouldn't have any trouble (;

Reactions: 2 users

Ya I am going to have to miss some class too : ( It will be cool to check out Arizona I have never been to that region before and I am from the midwest to warm weather is going to be nice!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here! Where in the midwest are you from?

The closest I've ever been to Arizona is Texas, which I know is pretty much its own special little country. :shifty:

Haha ya Texas is "special". I currently live outside of Chicago. And yes the winters are as bad as they appear in the news for anyone wondering! Yay for midwesterners going to AZ!!!

There's LOTS of Saguaros. In fact, when you see our library (Sahuaro Hall) there is one right outside.

Haha ya Texas is "special". I currently live outside of Chicago. And yes the winters are as bad as they appear in the news for anyone wondering! Yay for midwesterners going to AZ!!!

I'm a Minnesota girl, so I can understand your pain! There are a ton of students from the Midwest here. And you guys are coming at a perfect time because the weather is about to be beautiful. Up until last week it was still triple digits and I was getting miserable. Now it is in the 80s and I can wear a sweater!

I'm a Minnesota girl, so I can understand your pain! There are a ton of students from the Midwest here. And you guys are coming at a perfect time because the weather is about to be beautiful. Up until last week it was still triple digits and I was getting miserable. Now it is in the 80s and I can wear a sweater!
Good to hear! Sounds like I may have to work on a new wardrobe if I come to Midwestern, though... I'm basically just a hoodie kind of girl. I don't think that'd work out too well in Arizona. Or at least for the majority of the year. :p

Anyone else hear about interviews at all recently? I keep checking, but maybe I'm just being impatient.

Ok, I guess I was looking back in the thread and some were getting them rather quickly. But again that was before VMCAS was officially due. Thanks:)

Yes, some did happen quickly. As soon as VMCAS was verified, the portal was sent out. Then, it varied for when interview invites were sent. That was my understanding. Just keep in mind that they are evaluating a lot more applicants now since I'm assuming all/most VMCAS have been verified now and most submit after 9/10.

I'm just eager to hear something. The wait is honestly the worst part.

I'm just eager to hear something. The wait is honestly the worst part.
I feel like it worse bc its rolling admissions and it could come anytime instead of doing everyone at the same time lol

Good to hear! Sounds like I may have to work on a new wardrobe if I come to Midwestern, though... I'm basically just a hoodie kind of girl. I don't think that'd work out too well in Arizona. Or at least for the majority of the year. :p

I live in hoodies! What are we going to do???!

Ok, I guess I was looking back in the thread and some were getting them rather quickly. But again that was before VMCAS was officially due. Thanks:)

Ya that was before they got swamped with applications. Now they have a lot more to go to so dont stress too much.

It took a good week or two after receiving the "Your materials have been received" confirmation to actually get an interview invite. I wouldn't panic too much just yet. Like bullymama18 said, Midwestern themselves have stated that it could take up to a month until an interview decision is made. I know it's hard (and easy for me to say now...), but don't stress out too hard! ;)

I meant for Arizona in general ;) but that is good info to know about for Midwestern!:happy:

Didn't apply to Midwestern, but congratulations all of you for the interview invitations, and enjoy the dirt.

This whole topic on hoodies is cracking me up!

They are?

I'm still able to get swimming time in the backyard pool in October.
Guess it depends on what part of AZ you are from! Maybe it should be amended to mid November. But the cold and I also don't get along.
funny-reporter-fully-covered-by-snow-gif-01.gif

To anyone who has already interviewed and/or been accepted. Is it true that they only accept about 3 to 4 potential students per interview group? I read that on last years posts. I really hope that isn't a set in stone process for them, especially if they happen to have a great interview group. That seems really silly to me.

To anyone who has already interviewed and/or been accepted. Is it true that they only accept about 3 to 4 potential students per interview group? I read that on last years posts. I really hope that isn't a set in stone process for them, especially if they happen to have a great interview group. That seems really silly to me.
There were eight of us the day that I interviewed!

There were eight of us the day that I interviewed!
Oh, wow. I knew that the interview groups were on the smaller end, but I didn't realize that they were that small. So it sounds like the odds certainly aren't too terrible, then, if you're invited to interview.

Good to know, thanks! :joyful:

There was 18 people in my interview group!

There was 18 people in my interview group!

There were 18 in my interview group as well! We're you in the September 30th group? I may have met you!
Also, I hope they accept more than a couple applicants from that group bc there were so many great people in that bunch.

There were 18 in my interview group as well! We're you in the September 30th group? I may have met you!
Also, I hope they accept more than a couple applicants from that group bc there were so many great people in that bunch.

Ya I think it was just a "rumor". It would be irrational to stick to a predetermined number.

Huh. Even 18 seems like a pretty small group to me, though.
It seems they do a lot of interview dates. I don't know how many applicants they get each year, but I'm sure the small groups is just part of the process of doing rolling admissions.

Which month are they ending interviews

If you look through last years thread.. they were doing interviews up until March and I think they even had a few in June-ish (super last minute) probably to fill the class.