Midwestern, Glendale 2012 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got accepted today!

Members don't see this ad.

Who will be there for tomorrow? Just got here today, did a quick peak of the campus and surrounding area. The campus looks nice. I look forward to learn more about the program tomorrow.

Congrats machmoster, when did. You interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Who will be there for tomorrow? Just got here today, did a quick peak of the campus and surrounding area. The campus looks nice. I look forward to learn more about the program tomorrow.
There's an interview day tomorrow? I guess I'll peek by and say hello in the morning =)

I enjoyed myself today, don't think I did bad - gave honest, and good answers. I have got my fingers crossed :)

I figured it would be a half-decent idea to post this here.

I'm not sure if somewhere in 29 pages you've talked about where you all will be living, but I'm a p1 at another COP looking for a place to live in Phoenix this summer. If any of you have a room available between end of may - middle of august and isn't completely creeped out by finding a tenant from an internet forum, send me a pm or something.

Actually if any of you have any info about living in Phoenix I'd appreciate it.

Had an interview today. Was not bad at all. Hoping to hear from them soon. :D

So what is everyone doing as far as housing goes? I applied for on campas housing but I know that fills up really quick

I figured it would be a half-decent idea to post this here.

I'm not sure if somewhere in 29 pages you've talked about where you all will be living, but I'm a p1 at another COP looking for a place to live in Phoenix this summer. If any of you have a room available between end of may - middle of august and isn't completely creeped out by finding a tenant from an internet forum, send me a pm or something.

Actually if any of you have any info about living in Phoenix I'd appreciate it.

Where are you going to be staying ( What part of town)? Will you have a car? Roommates or not? Budget? How long? What specifically would you like to know.lived in phoenix all my life.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I would recommend finding an apt. off campus. It's unlikely that you will find a spot at the campus apt. Don't rent anything south of Bell Ave. because most of the apartments are old and my car was broken into when I was living around that area.:mad: There are lot of apts. north of 101. I currently live @ Tuscany Ridge Apt around 83rd ave. Its less than ten minutes drive to MWU. I don't know how much the apartments are going for right now, but I pay around 640 a month with a student discount. It's over 900 sq. ft., gated and well maintained. Some of the emenities that my apt comes with are a complete appliances for the kitchen, washer/dryer, covered parking, large patio, walk in closet. The only thing is you would need to pay for electricity and internet. Just look around and try to move before it gets too hot.:)

1) Living on campus isnt always the best option. Why?
a) you don't want to spend your entire life on campus
b) it's actually very possible you will find a cheaper place off campus (especially rooming it with someone else)

2) Most popular places to live off campus would be:
a) San Lagos
b) San Prado
c) Sagestone
d) Archstone (near Arrowhead mall - it's a bit further)
e) Tuscany Ridge
...I can keep going but those will be of most help here

3) If you choose to live at San Lagos (from my own experience) you can haggle down the prices if you go there early enough since it does tend to get a little more packed in May/June so secure a place early. They also give Midwestern student discounts. If you mention my name (Eileen D) as a reference they will give me an inscentive and I will split half of it with you as another inscentive ;) (However you will obviously need to message me for this so that I can go to the office and let them know as well)

Hope this helps, and don't forget to join the facebook group if you are attending!
http://www.facebook.com/jinny112c#!/groups/MWUCPG2015/

Ya I was thinking about looking for a place off campus, but I would probably need to find a roommate, preferably one that actually attends the school lol.......any idea where to look for one of those? lol

Do most people have a car? we'll probably need one once we start rotations, but do we need a car as soon as we start school?

Where are you going to be staying ( What part of town)? Will you have a car? Roommates or not? Budget? How long? What specifically would you like to know.lived in phoenix all my life.

As of this moment I have no idea where I'll be staying or with who :oops: I'll be working in Tempe right by the airport for ~3 months, but people tell me housing in Tempe is more expensive so I'm not sure where to start besides that lol.

I will have car and budget doesn't really matter but I want to stay somewhere that's not too expensive. I think I'm looking for someone to point me in a direction because Phoenix is about 10x bigger than where I live.

To those of you who will be interviewing on Feb 2, I will be your personal ambassador for the day :D To those interviewing on the third, three other ambassadors have been assigned but I'll see if I can stop by for that as well.

In terms of having a car, yes you will need one (first years have site visits too which can be far, unless you hunt down a carpool buddy).

In terms of roomies, I may POTENTIALLY have an opening in my own apartment for a roomie (who is not allergic to cats). Will make more of an announcement later as well as on the fb group once more info is known.

When should those that interviewed last week hope to hear any good news?

I'll be out there for an interview on Thursday. Looking forward to meeting the other applicants and to see how the AZ winter is.

good luck to everyone with up-coming interview and to those waiting for interview results.

When should those that interviewed last week hope to hear any good news?

Not the slightest idea lol...ambassadors are just students kinda helping calm down the interviewees and getting them to know the people who attend.

As long as you keep your eye on your portal you will know. If it has been more than 2-3 weeks, I would contact them. I never recieved a call/email from them, but rather my portal opened up the day after my interview. =)

As of this moment I have no idea where I'll be staying or with who :oops: I'll be working in Tempe right by the airport for ~3 months, but people tell me housing in Tempe is more expensive so I'm not sure where to start besides that lol.

I will have car and budget doesn't really matter but I want to stay somewhere that's not too expensive. I think I'm looking for someone to point me in a direction because Phoenix is about 10x bigger than where I live.

Send me a PM.

To those of you who will be interviewing on Feb 2, I will be your personal ambassador for the day :D To those interviewing on the third, three other ambassadors have been assigned but I'll see if I can stop by for that as well.

In terms of having a car, yes you will need one (first years have site visits too which can be far, unless you hunt down a carpool buddy).

In terms of roomies, I may POTENTIALLY have an opening in my own apartment for a roomie (who is not allergic to cats). Will make more of an announcement later as well as on the fb group once more info is known.

Hello Pharmamamama I will be interviewing on the 2nd! My name is Kristian, I'm excited to meet you!! Any advice on what to wear? I'm a girl and am planning on getting a suit to wear but I'm not really sure about whether or not it will be pants or skirt.

Hello Pharmamamama I will be interviewing on the 2nd! My name is Kristian, I'm excited to meet you!! Any advice on what to wear? I'm a girl and am planning on getting a suit to wear but I'm not really sure about whether or not it will be pants or skirt.
Pant or skirt suit is fine as long as it is professionally dressed =) Just fyi, the people who don't wear the suits do tend to stand out a little but I'm not sure if this is a good/bad thing =P I wore a pants suit.

I am interviewing on the 9th! :D
So incredibly excited when I got the invitation email and I gotta say, that was incredibly quick! A whole 2 days after I sent the supplemental I got the invite.

I am so nervous though! I hope I make a good impression. I am gonna do a few mock interviews in between now and then but I think I am ready for it.

Anyone else interviewing that day?

Do most people have a car? we'll probably need one once we start rotations, but do we need a car as soon as we start school?

If you are looking to get anywhere not on campus you will need transportation.

On a side note.... it seems like finding housing is a pain in the (_|_). I'm so glad I live 10 minutes for MWU.

I am interviewing on the 9th! :D
So incredibly excited when I got the invitation email and I gotta say, that was incredibly quick! A whole 2 days after I sent the supplemental I got the invite.

I am so nervous though! I hope I make a good impression. I am gonna do a few mock interviews in between now and then but I think I am ready for it.

Anyone else interviewing that day?

Thats a quick response indeed. Im still waiting for an invite. When did you send your supplemental? I sent mine on Jan 20.
Good luck by the way.
z

Thats a quick response indeed. Im still waiting for an invite. When did you send your supplemental? I sent mine on Jan 20.
Good luck by the way.
z

I sent it on the 29th and got invited on the 31st, make sure you're checking your email and it didn't get thrown into spam and check your portal as well. My stats are in no way stellar so I doubt you will have trouble getting an interview if you have a strong application :)

Thanks for the luck! Good luck to you as well.

What am i checking in my portal, a message or something under one of the tabs?
Thanks.
z

What am i checking in my portal, a message or something under one of the tabs?
Thanks.
z
I got my notice in an email that directed me to the interview scheduling link on the left side of the screen under pre-accepted. I would think you'd missed the email you may be able to click on that and see if it will let you schedule an interview if you've been extended an invite.

Anybody got any tips on the Midwestern interviews? :D I visited the interview feedback section here on SDN and the questions didn't seem to rigorous, I am so excited I can hardly wait!:woot:

Has anyone heard back from the Jan 26th interviews?

It looks like they are making decisions very quickly. I interviewed yesterday(2-2) and I was able to get into the "Accepted Student Checklist" at 6pm Eastern today. I sure hope that it means I really was accepted if I can access that section of the portal.

It looks like they are making decisions very quickly. I interviewed yesterday(2-2) and I was able to get into the "Accepted Student Checklist" at 6pm Eastern today. I sure hope that it means I really was accepted if I can access that section of the portal.

Yes, that means you were accepted. Congrats!

Thanks!!! I can't wait to move out there and meet my new classmates

I interviewed on the 26th of January and still haven't heard back from them yet. It looks like people who interviewed yesterday got replies. Kinda worried now! :confused:

Interviewed today. Anyone have their status updated yet? Haha, I'm probably jumping the gun :)

Last edited:
Interviewed today. Anyone have their status updated yet? Haha, I'm probably jumping the gun :)
I was there today too and my portal changed tonight to "Accepted Student Checklist."

Not getting my hopes up until I hear for sure from the school.

I interviewed on the 26th of January and still haven't heard back from them yet. It looks like people who interviewed yesterday got replies. Kinda worried now! :confused:

Don't worry, that's not unusual at all. The same thing happened to wanttobepharm and he got accepted. :)

yep no worries at all. supposed to be a week anyways, some just superb...like hellopanda22

Don't worry, that's not unusual at all. The same thing happened to wanttobepharm and he got accepted. :)

I'm in the same boat, sounds like some people's portal has changed already where mine I can't access the accepted student checklist. I think this is a sign I didn't get in or has some changes not occurred for a little while?

Last edited:
I was there today too and my portal changed tonight to "Accepted Student Checklist."

Not getting my hopes up until I hear for sure from the school.

I can see those parts, but the lists are not available. Are you able to see additional information?

Last edited: