Midwestern, Glendale 2012 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was there today too and my portal changed tonight to "Accepted Student Checklist."

Not getting my hopes up until I hear for sure from the school.

If you're able to access the checklist then you're definitely in. My states its only for accepted students :(.

Ohhhh well, I was impressed with them. Might have to redo my PCAT.....actually study for it this time haha.

The students were all entirely too nice and down to earth and the campus is gorgeous. I'll have to move ahead with that Hawaii application I suppose

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat, sounds like some people's portal has changed already where mine I can't access the accepted student checklist. I think this is a sign I didn't get in or has some changes not occurred for a little while?

Don't give up hope yet! Maybe it just means they haven't gotten to review your particular application yet.

Don't give up hope yet! Maybe it just means they haven't gotten to review your particular application yet.

Haha you're too nice! I'll try not to lose hope.

On the bright side....if I do go to Hawaii, I hear the food is fantastic :D

I was Kevin if anyone was from the 2/3 Friday interview

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I can see those parts, but the lists are not available. Are you able to see additional information?
Yes, there is a form where I can make a deposit and there is a matriculation agreement with my name included in it.

Guess it's official!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

OMG I'm in!!! I'm soooo excited I see the checklist and it says when the deposit is due and stuff. I feel like it's a glitch though or something because I interviewed two days ago on 2/2!!

It looks like they are making decisions very quickly. I interviewed yesterday(2-2) and I was able to get into the "Accepted Student Checklist" at 6pm Eastern today. I sure hope that it means I really was accepted if I can access that section of the portal.

Hey I interviewed that day too! What is your name? Maybe I met you.

Congrats to all those who have gotten accepted :D (I told you so?)

It was fun chatting with you guys both on 2/2 and 2/3. If your portal is open and it doesnt look as if it did before (and states somewhere that you owe them $1000) then yes you absolutely got accepted :thumbup:

Those of you who haven't heard anything yet, don't worry...they will give you a reply even if you have been waitlisted. They may have just stopped reviewing applications after a while so it might take a little longer. Hang in there! Can't wait to see you all again!

Anyone happen to know how many posts it takes to transition from junior member, to member, then to senior member, etc.?

Hey I interviewed that day too! What is your name? Maybe I met you.

I'm Jonathan. I was the only one from South Carolina there. What's your name? Congrats on the acceptance!

I'm Jonathan. I was the only one from South Carolina there. What's your name? Congrats on the acceptance!

My name is Kristian. I don't think I met you! Congrats to you too!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha you're too nice! I'll try not to lose hope.

On the bright side....if I do go to Hawaii, I hear the food is fantastic :D

I was Kevin if anyone was from the 2/3 Friday interview
I was there Friday - I'm not sure if I met you, but good luck man. Were you the guy that when you came back from the interview your fellow interviewees were calling you the star of it? I was the guy from NJ.

Just keep your fingers crossed... you can read back through this whole thread of people who didn't hear back right away and they were thinking the worst then they wound up getting accepted. :thumbup:

Also it seems they do a lot of things alphabetically. I was higher up in the alphabet so I might have been reviewed fast. If you are lower then it could take longer.

Congrats to all those who have gotten accepted :D (I told you so?)

It was fun chatting with you guys both on 2/2 and 2/3. If your portal is open and it doesnt look as if it did before (and states somewhere that you owe them $1000) then yes you absolutely got accepted :thumbup:

Those of you who haven't heard anything yet, don't worry...they will give you a reply even if you have been waitlisted. They may have just stopped reviewing applications after a while so it might take a little longer. Hang in there! Can't wait to see you all again!

Not sure which ambassador you were, but all of you were very helpful and very calming - thank you for all the great info and your time!

Congrats to all those accepted! I am giddy with excitement for my interview on Thursday, the wait is going to kill me :laugh:. I hope I have a chance at acceptance that day, unlikely but your guy's posts are getting me pumped up for it.

BTW once you get accepted how soon after must you decide on the school? I have another school I am highly considering if I am accepted and just want to know incase the best scenario happens. :D

Congrats to all those accepted! I am giddy with excitement for my interview on Thursday, the wait is going to kill me :laugh:. I hope I have a chance at acceptance that day, unlikely but your guy's posts are getting me pumped up for it.

BTW once you get accepted how soon after must you decide on the school? I have another school I am highly considering if I am accepted and just want to know incase the best scenario happens. :D
I believe you have 2 weeks from the day of your interview to pay your deposit.

My interview was on 2/2 accepted on 2/3 and deposit due on 2/17 so yes 14 days/2 weeks!!

I also interviewed on 2/2. I checked my portal yesterday and it showed the "Accepted Student Checklist". I even paid the 1000$. From what Ive read from this thread, I guess thats a solid acceptance. Im really happy because I was thrilled with the faculty and campus.

Good luck to all who interviewed on 2/2, especially the other two people I interviewed with. See you guys soon!

I also interviewed on 2/2. I checked my portal yesterday and it showed the "Accepted Student Checklist". I even paid the 1000$. From what Ive read from this thread, I guess thats a solid acceptance. Im really happy because I was thrilled with the faculty and campus.

Good luck to all who interviewed on 2/2, especially the other two people I interviewed with. See you guys soon!

Wow Congrats!!! Thanks guys for the info, I hope the other schools contact me in that time if I do get in :) this whole process is going from daunting and terrifying to exciting now haha, can't wait for this interview. I have a mock interview tomorrow afternoon and I am working with a public speaking teacher in the mean time. Hopefully I can nail this.:luck:

I'm in the same boat, sounds like some people's portal has changed already where mine I can't access the accepted student checklist. I think this is a sign I didn't get in or has some changes not occurred for a little while?

It seems like sometimes the adcom doesn't make it through all the applications in the first meeting, in which case some are decisioned at the next meeting. Don't freak out yet. Wait another week, week and a half, then if you still don't see anything, call the admissions office to ask about your status. :xf:

On another note, congratulations to everyone who was accepted! Come join the Facebook group! :D
http://www.facebook.com/jinny112c#!/groups/MWUCPG2015/

Congrats to everyone that made it in!

My name's Monte and I'm a 2nd year here at CPG (class of 2013).

For those that didn't make it in yet, DON'T LOSE HOPE! I was waitlisted back when I interviewed and so were both of the people I interviewed with. We're all here now. A lot of people drop their seats so don't get discouraged. Hopefully Dr. D will call you when they review the waitlist.

Best of luck to all of you, can't wait to see my new colleagues in the summer!

I submitted my supplemental last week and now I am on the waiting list for a potential invitation for an interview? Does anyone know if they are still interview spots available for this weeks interview? I'll be in town anyways and don't want to have to travel back for a potential interview on another day :( Congrats to those that have been accepted! :)

Congrats to everyone that made it in!

My name's Monte and I'm a 2nd year here at CPG (class of 2013).

For those that didn't make it in yet, DON'T LOSE HOPE! I was waitlisted back when I interviewed and so were both of the people I interviewed with. We're all here now. A lot of people drop their seats so don't get discouraged. Hopefully Dr. D will call you when they review the waitlist.

Best of luck to all of you, can't wait to see my new colleagues in the summer!

Thanks for stopping by. Honestly what sold me about the campus were the students. Everyone was so friendly and close. Even people in line from different programs were asking my questions and wishing me luck.

You guys all seem awesome, thanks for taking the time to chime in!

I was there Friday - I'm not sure if I met you, but good luck man. Were you the guy that when you came back from the interview your fellow interviewees were calling you the star of it? I was the guy from NJ.

Just keep your fingers crossed... you can read back through this whole thread of people who didn't hear back right away and they were thinking the worst then they wound up getting accepted. :thumbup:

Also it seems they do a lot of things alphabetically. I was higher up in the alphabet so I might have been reviewed fast. If you are lower then it could take longer.

Hey ya! That was me haha. It funny how you forget things during an interview, I thought I did just OK. It was nice of him to help boost my perception a little.

I'm just really passionate about where I've come from to get here and how much I enjoy the medical world and helping people.

Congrats on getting in!

Well the site just asked me to confirm my information and to update my "accounts payable" address. I still can't get into the accepted students part. Oh the suspense!

Wow Congrats!!! Thanks guys for the info, I hope the other schools contact me in that time if I do get in :)

Congrats on your interviews - I hope you get your pick. :D

When I went, the dean said they'd work with you if you needed more time. You might be able to call them and ask for an extension once you're accepted. I didn't try it, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Business2Pharm
Well the site just asked me to confirm my information and to update my "accounts payable" address. I still can't get into the accepted students part. Oh the suspense!

same here as well. Is that a good sign or what?

Two questions for the PS1-3s of Midwestern that are watching this thread:

1.) Would you recommend bringing old textbooks (Organic, A&P, etc.) to use as reference or is that completely unnecessary? (Trying to decide whether or not to sell my huge stash of old textbooks)

2.) Although I know I am getting ahead of myself, I was wondering about rotations so I can start planning what I will be bringing with me when I move across the country and which belongings I should start selling. Are most of the rotation sites in the Phoenix area?

If no then follow-up question (this might sound simplistic but I am unfamiliar with how it all works) - if sent outside the Phoenix area (to another state), how does the housing work? Do you have to find a place to rent and move your stuff out there, or are temporary living accommodations made by the school?

Same here, let's hold our breath haha

Does anyone who currently know how well Midwestern connects you with the pharmaceutical industry. I am under the impression that it is mainly retail based and I would like to get input from other students. Please let me know. Since it is a three year program, I imagine it would be hard to do an internshpi. Thank you for your time? Also why did you choose Midwestern.. instead of U of A?

My name is Kristian. I don't think I met you! Congrats to you too!!

I can't remember meeting you at the interview but it sounds like I definitely will in a few months!

I was asked that as well, and hadn't heard about an acceptance so I contacted admissions today And they told me I have been put on the waitlist. Not a bad thing since it seems a lot of students from the waitlist eventually get accepted! But i don't think it would hurt to email or call admissions for an update! :)

I was asked that as well, and hadn't heard about an acceptance so I contacted admissions today And they told me I have been put on the waitlist. Not a bad thing since it seems a lot of students from the waitlist eventually get accepted! But i don't think it would hurt to email or call admissions for an update! :)
When did you have the interview? I had it on the 26th, and haven't heard anything back yet. I'll probably call them too.

The nervousness about the interview I have tomorrow has finally set in, I am happy to hear that the interviews are generally relaxed but still it is my first pharmacy school interview ever. So exciting at the same time haha :)

Anyone else going to be there tomorrow? If so I look forward to meeting you there! Hope we can soon be classmates!

Just submitted my supplemental application. Does anyone know when the next interview date(s) will be?

Let me try to answer some questions:

1.) Would you recommend bringing old textbooks (Organic, A&P, etc.) to use as reference or is that completely unnecessary? (Trying to decide whether or not to sell my huge stash of old textbooks)

For the most part your old textbooks won't really be needed. I would consider hanging on to a good OChem book however as you'll be told you'll need to brush up on OChem structures pretty early in the curriculum. They have a great pocket guide at the bookstore but you might be able to avoid having to buy it if you have a good book to substitute. Apart from that a physiology text might be very nice but is not really necessary.

2.) Although I know I am getting ahead of myself, I was wondering about rotations so I can start planning what I will be bringing with me when I move across the country and which belongings I should start selling. Are most of the rotation sites in the Phoenix area?

If no then follow-up question (this might sound simplistic but I am unfamiliar with how it all works) - if sent outside the Phoenix area (to another state), how does the housing work? Do you have to find a place to rent and move your stuff out there, or are temporary living accommodations made by the school?

Most rotations are in the Phoenix area. If you want an out of area rotation, the school has quite a few to choose from. Additionally if you do the groundwork yourself you can work to set one up and the school will work with you. I'm not kidding when I say this: The office that handles rotations is the best. They will bend over backwards to help you get the rotations you want if it is within their power. If you go out of area then (for 99% of rotations) you will be responsible for your own living accommodations.

Does anyone who currently know how well Midwestern connects you with the pharmaceutical industry. I am under the impression that it is mainly retail based and I would like to get input from other students. Please let me know. Since it is a three year program, I imagine it would be hard to do an internshpi. Thank you for your time? Also why did you choose Midwestern.. instead of U of A?

Midwestern is FULL of faculty who work in the clinical side of pharmacy. There is a ton of exposure to be had in that side of the field. They are very involved in AZPA (http://www.azpharmacy.org/), have their own (albeit small) residency showcase and really encourage people to explore clinical pharmacy if that is their goal. The networking potential that can be provided through the school is limited only by yourself. Almost any faculty member will assist you in meeting professionals in the industry if there is an opportunity (AZPA events, ASHP midyear, etc.) I personally have been able to recently work with a faculty member to set up an advanced rotation at the VA hospital in the psych department - a rotation that is not actually offered; she just happens to know the pharmacist there and is willing to help me. Many other students have similar experiences.

I chose Midwestern because, honestly, I didn't want to move to Tucson. I have a family here that would not be easy to uproot and move. U of A has a GREAT program and I have heard nothing but good things. That being said, I have not heard about the real personal connections I have made with faculty and industry professionals as much from U of A students. I think MWU offers a more personal touch to the PharmD program.

Has anyone who interviewed on Jan 26th heard back??

anxiously waiting... It's so weird they reviewed people who interviewed last week and not us.

I know totally sucks! I emailed them last week and was told to wait two weeks because the committe is supposed to meet up sometime then which makes no sense because it seems like they already have been meeting up and reviewing files.

The thread title "2015 Midwestern, Glendale 2012 Class" is misleading/confusing. Is there any way to change it to something simple like "Midwestern University CPG 2012 Applicants (c/o 2015)"?