Midwestern, Glendale 2012 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Holy crap. It looks like they already made some decisions!! I logged into my MWU account and it shows that I am accepted, but no phone call yet to confirm. Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Holy crap. It looks like they already made some decisions!! I logged into my MWU account and it shows that I am accepted, but no phone call yet to confirm. Good luck everyone!!

Really? What does it say to show you've been accepted? I see a "Accepted Student Checklist" and I just electronically agreed to the technical standards form. No phone call yet but it's only been like 2 hours since I got back. o_o OMGAWD SOMEBODY REPLY BEFORE I GET A HEART ATTACK.

Really? What does it say to show you've been accepted? I see a "Accepted Student Checklist" and I just electronically agreed to the technical standards form.
I think that is how we know because it says 'accepted student', and there is a matriculation agreement which we would only get if we were in!! Right?!?!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that is how we know because it says 'accepted student', and there is a matriculation agreement which we would only get if we were in!! Right?!?!

omg please don't get me overly excited. lol SOMEONE ELSE CONFIRM THIS FOR US!!!

I see the matriculation agreement thingy and it's saying I'm missing a transcript as well as some pre-req. classes that I already took. Was that in our portal thingy before? I only used portal to schedule my interview but not for anything else so I don't remember.

This was def not in the portal before. I searched the 2014 applicant thread and someone asked the same question and they were told that the applicant checklist appearing in the portal meant you were in, and that you would be getting a call shortly. I dont want to get too excited either but its too late!

OMG! I just called and got confirmation that the accepted student checklist showing up means you are accepted! I'm about to pass out :)

OMG! I just called and got confirmation that the accepted student checklist showing up means you are accepted! I'm about to pass out :)

OMG really? I wanna get a phone call!!! I WANT A PHONE CALL! *stomps feet* lol I'm trying to refrain from celebrating too early just in case they accidentally accepted me. :D

Did you interview today? If so, what panel?

OMG really? I wanna get a phone call!!! I WANT A PHONE CALL! *stomps feet* lol I'm trying to refrain from celebrating too early just in case they accidentally accepted me. :D

Did you interview today? If so, what panel?
HelloPanda22, I just got THE call!! It is official! I interviewed on the 29th, FYI.

HelloPanda22, I just got THE call!! It is official! I interviewed on the 29th, FYI.

CONGRATS!! :D Are you going? I interviewed on the 30th but apparently, you won't get the list unless you're accepted so I'm about to celebrate. YAY!

CONGRATS!! :D Are you going? I interviewed on the 30th but apparently, you won't get the list unless you're accepted so I'm about to celebrate. YAY!
Thanks! Yep I am going :) This was my first choice, now I don't have to apply to the other fallback schools! If you have the accepted checklist, you should be getting your call very soon!!

Thanks! Yep I am going :) This was my first choice, now I don't have to apply to the other fallback schools! If you have the accepted checklist, you should be getting your call very soon!!

YAYAYAY! I'm so excited! This was definitely one of my top schools and now I can reject other interviews lol

I was also accepted! I stayed late talking with another applicant waiting for a ride, so I didn't leave the campus until 2:30... I hadn't even finished talking with my s/o about the day when I got the voice mail (darn vibrate setting). 3:45pm, that's got to be some sort of record.

Nice to meet HelloPanda, 6615IV, and Mitsubishi. For those I didn't meet, I was the chick in the brown vest. :D

AAAAHHH I'M GOING TO MIDWESTERN

Excuse me - I'm going to run around my house like a crazy person.

I was also accepted! I stayed late talking with another applicant waiting for a ride, so I didn't leave the campus until 2:30... I hadn't even finished talking with my s/o about the day when I got the voice mail (darn vibrate setting). 3:45pm, that's got to be some sort of record.

Nice to meet HelloPanda, 6615IV, and Mitsubishi. For those I didn't meet, I was the chick in the brown vest. :D

HIGH FIVE!!!! lol

Members don't see this ad :)
YAY! I just got the official call. :) I started giggling on the phone the moment I picked up. I hope they don't think I'm crazy!

Congrats to those that got in! How long was your supp essay? Is around 300 words to short?

YAY! I just got the official call. :) I started giggling on the phone the moment I picked up. I hope they don't think I'm crazy!

HaHaHA! Congraaaats!! to everyone who got accepted! Now you can REALLYYYYY enjoy your weekend!

Could take a little time to update everyone. I haven't even checked yet to see if mine's on the website. Could also be they called the "slam dunk" approvals today & are either still deliberating on waitlist.

Thanks for the congratulations :D

BTW, don't forget to post on the role call thread over in Pre-Pharm once you know where you're going guys. :cool:

I got accepted too!! I cannot believe they got back so quickly to us. Congrats to all of you that got in also :)

4 of you already on SDN, can't imagine those not on SDN.

It's okay, I got the booze ready to drown myself in sorrow...

I click on my accepted checklist and this is what i get :"This checklist is available to accepted applicants."
what does that mean???/ someone plz reply

thanks for reply. I ll just start scheduling my others interview then.

thanks for reply. I ll just start scheduling my others interview then.

Well, technically it doesnt mean we are rejected. Just not accepted.
When did you interview? I interviewed on the 29th and thought I did okay. I guess I thought wrong lol.

I interviewed today and I thought I might have a chance since I learnt from my mistake in Chicago. I'm pretty sad now.

I interviewed today and I thought I might have a chance since I learnt from my mistake in Chicago. I'm pretty sad now.

Dont be sad. it is pretty amazing how fast they send out acceptances though...
I guess we just werent the lucky ones.

I wondered if they already selected who got in or not.

I got accepted too!! I cannot believe they got back so quickly to us. Congrats to all of you that got in also :)

Congrats! :)

Well, technically it doesnt mean we are rejected. Just not accepted.
When did you interview? I interviewed on the 29th and thought I did okay. I guess I thought wrong lol.

Don't give up already guys. I do believe that a small number of interviewees are "slam dunks" and the rest take a little time. Even if you didn't get acceptaed immediately, you may get accepted later. And if you get on the waitlist, don't despair. A lot of folks off the waitlist get accepted later. I know it sucks, I got waitlisted last year, but give it time. I had to drop my final prereqs due to family issues so I coundn't take the seat they finally offered me.
Give it time and DON'T DESPAIR !

:love:

Does having this on your portal mean you are just waitlisted with no chance of getting accepted in the next week or so? This checklist is available to accepted applicants.

Does having this on your portal mean you are just waitlisted with no chance of getting accepted in the next week or so? This checklist is available to accepted applicants.

It's been saying that since the day application opened.

I just have a sudden realization....are the other two applicants also from arizona?!?!

which two? like are all the ones accepted so far from AZ?

thats a good thought..it would make me have a little hope

oh well i wont give up yet

I actually thought it went pretty well

I got accepted toooooo!!! OMG I'm so excited lol! and shocked!! I can't believe how quickly they got back to us! I was in the airport waiting to board my plane when I got the call! all of the people around me must have thought I was crazy hahaha... and of course I had to make a bunch of phone calls to share the news :soexcited:

and it was nice to meet you too xtsukiyox :) woo hoo! we did it!

dang wow congrats to all your people interviewing on the 30th.
They are processing so fast.

either 29th people are not being done yet or they all got the news already but not on SDN.

dang wow congrats to all your people interviewing on the 30th.
They are processing so fast.

either 29th people are not being done yet or they all got the news already but not on SDN.

Like xtsukiyox said, I figure that they would snag all the slam-dunk candidates first and then leave more time to fully look through the so-so candidates. But then I would think they would inform the candidates they really didn't want of their rejection in the same time they snagged the slam-dunk candidates. Who knows, maybe they didn't want these latter folks to feel like they wasted a trip down to Glendale just to get rejected hours later and instead let the curiosity marinate for a few days.:shrug:

Like xtsukiyox said, I figure that they would snag all the slam-dunk candidates first and then leave more time to fully look through the so-so candidates. But then I would think they would inform the candidates they really didn't want of their rejection in the same time they snagged the slam-dunk candidates. Who knows, maybe they didn't want these latter folks to feel like they wasted a trip down to Glendale just to get rejected hours later and instead let the curiosity marinate for a few days.:shrug:

ouch lol hope that's not the case.
the slam dunk hypothesis does make sense though, but I wonder what factors these candidates into the slam dunk category.

lol hypothesis...i sound like sheldon cooper

ouch lol hope that's not the case.
the slam dunk hypothesis does make sense though, but I wonder what factors these candidates into the slam dunk category.

lol hypothesis...i sound like sheldon cooper

I would imagine concise answers that don't come off as arrogant or exaggerated yet are related to pharmacy as much as possible.

I smiled a lot, was a bit enthusiastic, and elaborated too much on some questions, which I think was a mistake and perhaps made me come off as arrogant and an exaggerator to both the interviewers and the other candidates in my group. That's the only reason I can think of as to why I didn't get a call or see anything on the MWU portal within hours. :shrug:

maybe they had awesome gpas and great pcat scores and as long as they didnt screw up there interviews they would be excepted

I havent given up yet. I am hoping for a call next week still

I havent given up yet. I am hoping for a call next week still

Same boat, a week seems like an adequate amount of time for evaluation. I wish best of luck to everyone interviewed!