Midwestern, Glendale 2012 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to all those that got accepted!!! =]

Members don't see this ad.

AHH I'm going crazy waiting... Why did you all have to get accepted that day?! I'm still hopeful for Monday so hopefully I get a call! Congrats though guys and it was nice meeting everyone!

AHH I'm going crazy waiting... Why did you all have to get accepted that day?! I'm still hopeful for Monday so hopefully I get a call! Congrats though guys and it was nice meeting everyone!

Hellopanda22 told me Dean Emerson told you guys the turnaround time is about 1-2 weeks? He told us within a week lol....the inconsistency sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hellopanda22 told me Dean Emerson told you guys the turnaround time is about 1-2 weeks? He told us within a week lol....the inconsistency sucks.

I said 2-3 weeks. OMGAWD you don't pay attention to what I say. lol

not yet but im curious if anyone else has

I logged in earlier today and I was able to put down my deposit - called to confirm (since I hadn't received a call yet) and they said I was in :D . I guess they aren't making phone calls anymore?

Congrats to everyone that made it and I will see you guys in June!

I logged in earlier today and I was able to put down my deposit - called to confirm (since I hadn't received a call yet) and they said I was in :D . I guess they aren't making phone calls anymore?

Congrats to everyone that made it and I will see you guys in June!

Congratulations!

Do anyone know anyone scheduled for next set of interview dates?

Congratulations!

Do anyone know anyone scheduled for next set of interview dates?

im still waiting for a possible interview invite. i received an interview invitation for MWU-Chicago one day after i sent in my supplemental, so im hoping i hear from MWU-Glendale soon.

does anyone know if they are done accepting from the first set of interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if they are done accepting from the first set of interviews

No idea :(
I want to say no since they tell us we'll hear back within 2 weeks or so and today is the 2nd business day they can "technically" evaluate and stuff.

but a large amount of applicants have been accepted so...i dont know bro.

Last edited:
No idea :(
I want to say no since they tell us we'll hear back within 2 weeks or so and today is the 2nd business day they can "technically" evaluate and stuff.

but a large amount of applicants have been accepted so...i dont know bro.

I want to call admissions and see if the rest of us are on the waitlist but maybe ill give it a few more days

I want to call admissions and see if the rest of us are on the waitlist but maybe ill give it a few more days

Maybe we should have panda call and disguise as an awaiting applicant. LOL

Like I said, we SHOULD not feel bad because today is technically the 2nd business day after interviews, but with so many acceptances happening it sure feels like an eternity.

I was browsing Class of 2014 carefully and seems like the average is 1.5 week or so. Nobody had crazy acceptance time like hackerpanda22 there.

Maybe we should have panda call and disguise as an awaiting applicant. LOL

Like I said, we SHOULD not feel bad because today is technically the 2nd business day after interviews, but with so many acceptances happening it sure feels like an eternity.

I was browsing Class of 2014 carefully and seems like the average is 1.5 week or so. Nobody had crazy acceptance time like hackerpanda22 there.

I emailed them yesterday afternoon about my status and within an hour they told me no decision has been made on my file yet.

I emailed them yesterday afternoon about my status and within an hour they told me no decision has been made on my file yet.

Thank you for the information, at least we know that they are still going through the files and not simply leaving all our files alone and deny us later.

LM2, perhaps wait until Monday next week to contact them?

I am dying to hear back as well, I bug panda every day and freak out everyday when I check my portal lol

it is reassuring that they are still making decisions...Monday seems like a good time to contact them..i hate checking my non changing portal daily as well

it is reassuring that they are still making decisions...Monday seems like a good time to contact them..i hate checking my non changing portal daily as well

I wish I can ask some of the non-SDNer their status as well :cool:

May resort to Plan B and have hackerpanda call tomorrow.

I wish I can ask some of the non-SDNer their status as well :cool:

May resort to Plan B and have hackerpanda call tomorrow.

i like hackerpanda idea...keep us all updated though!

i like hackerpanda idea...keep us all updated though!

Oh trust me I definitely well.
I check that portal 3 times a day, I am going nuts nervous right now.

Midwestern is my top 3 so I'm really bummed out

I doesn't have any extra resources or power that you guys have...silly bunch.

Oh trust me I definitely well.
I check that portal 3 times a day, I am going nuts nervous right now.

Midwestern is my top 3 so I'm really bummed out

Pretty much over here too. Theres still a chance though..even if we do end up waitlisted

Pretty much over here too. Theres still a chance though..even if we do end up waitlisted

i am pretty sure it's because panda overshadowed us with her greatness.
show off, psh :mad:

I check the portal several times a day too, but as wanttobepharm said they took around 2 weeks last year for most applicants. There are always shoe ins to any school but it just sucks being on the waiting side. At least this school is very fast with a response because some other schools tell you 4-8 weeks. I think by then I will have jumped off a cliff lol. We got this guys, hopefully we all get in!

If anything, I'd be overshadowed by your app! Who got the UOP invite, hm? HM?! :p Good luck with that interview btw.

why are you being difficult? You're supposed to help out your fellow brotherin, now go call Midwestern and tell them they forgot to accept 3 people.

OK guys - don't freak out, but I'll post my full stats.

Stats:
3.91 cGPA / 3.69 sGPA
94 PCAT, lowest score 77 RC
120 hours / 2 years in med room at a non-profit clinic for the working poor & uninsured (other volunteer work, but this is the most relevant)
8 years work experience at the same company, including leadership role (team lead) & project lead experience
CPhT for 5 years
AZ resident

I really think they're still going over files to figure out who's accepted / waitlisted. Of course they're going to send you a letter if you're denied. Average wait time from this college seems to be a week or two based on previous years. If you haven't heard anything in a week, I'd call & if they tell you "no decision made" at that point, write a letter of intent if this is truly one of your top schools. I would imagine they'll disposition all of the apps before the next interviews.

Let's get a list going of people for the next interview dates. I'm a little lost - I think there were a couple people already scheduled for October 22. If you are, would you please post again? Anyone who's scheduled, post & I'll try to keep an updated list. :)

Stats:
3.91 cGPA / 3.69 sGPA
120 hours / 2 years in med room at a non-profit clinic for the working poor & uninsured (other volunteer work, but this is the most relevant)
8 years work experience at the same company, including leadership role (team lead) & project lead experience
CPhT for 5 years
AZ resident

I really think they're still going over files to figure out who's accepted / waitlisted. Of course they're going to send you a letter if you're denied. Average wait time from this college seems to be a week or two based on previous years. If you haven't heard anything in a week, I'd call & if they tell you "no decision made" at that point, write a letter of intent if this is truly one of your top schools. I would imagine they'll disposition all of the apps before the next interviews.

Let's get a list going of people for the next interview dates. I'm a little lost - I think there were a couple people already scheduled for October 22. If you are, would you please post again? Anyone who's scheduled, post & I'll try to keep an updated list. :)

wow great stats!!! :)
just curious did u apply to university of arizona? or will u be attending midwestern glendale?

Stats:
3.91 cGPA / 3.69 sGPA
CPhT for 5 years
AZ resident

what's a letter of intent???

Dang, with that stats you can apply to UCSF/UCSD

what's a letter of intent???

Dang, with that stats you can apply to UCSF/UCSD

if I remember correctly, this is the only school she wants to go to.

letter of intent is just a letter explaining how much you love the school and why you want to get in. It's just to increase your chances of getting in marginally. It shows the school you are more serious than the average applicant. Dude, you will get in!

why are you being difficult? You're supposed to help out your fellow brotherin, now go call Midwestern and tell them they forgot to accept 3 people.

I have a very good feeling that you will get in! :)

Lol wanttobepharm is like a baby that everyone has to reassure and tell him it'll be okay ;)

thanks guys
its the rainy days syndrome

not a real syndrome, but im making it is today :thumbup:

Sorry i dont mean to sound like a whiny baby. I'll shut up now.

Last edited:
thanks guys

lol nah i appreciate your "whininess". it lets me know im not the only one stressing + worrying :)

Stats:
3.91 cGPA / 3.69 sGPA
CPhT for 5 years
AZ resident

I am interviewing on 10/24:xf:

thanks guys

I hear you, rainy days, stressing,waiting. At least you had couple interviews, I don't have anything!!!

And please do not shut up, the forum is not the same without you!

if I remember correctly, this is the only school she wants to go to.

Yep. I own a house 20 min from the campus, so it'd be a serious issue to try and move for pharma school.

I only applied to MWU, I didn't apply to U of A. Tucson is far enough away that it's not realistic to drive back & forth from my house, so it puts U of A in the "I'd have to move" category. Brings it back to square one.

Did you guys realize we have the longest school specific thread? :laugh:

im going to make a wild guess, do you guys think that maybe adcom dont meet everyday? Perhaps every thursday or something?

im going to make a wild guess, do you guys think that maybe adcom dont meet everyday? Perhaps every thursday or something?

I am pretty sure that they don't meet everyday. But I am not sure on what days!!

I am pretty sure that they don't meet everyday. But I am not sure on what days!!

I really hope that's the reason why some of us are waiting an eternity, not just because our apps sucked LOL

positive thoughts, positive thoughts.
if only hackerpanda would bring me a slurpee...hmmm damn her

i feel you chakavack

which albany you applied to? or no preference like me.

No preference! ANYWHERE, SOMEWHRE, in the middle of NOWHERE! HEHE!
As u can see I am pretty desperate. Oh, by the way I also applied to Roseman(USN).

No preference! ANYWHERE, SOMEWHRE, in the middle of NOWHERE! HEHE!
As u can see I am pretty desperate. Oh, by the way I also applied to Roseman(USN).

I have an interview at albany next week but i heard they are much harder to get into :mad:

I have an interview at albany next week but i heard they are much harder to get into :mad:

Congraats! I haven't heard anything about the level of hardness to be honest. Just relax and by now you can use your experiences from your previous interview or interviews, (I forgot how many you had)!

Good Luck!:thumbup: