Midwestern Glendale- Entering 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll be there 11/21 too!!! Just got my interview invitation and set up my appointment as fast as no other haha
I'm stoked.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be there the 17th!

I have a few questions for any OOSers who flew in or anyone else with insight. Any hotel recommendations? Also, did you rent a car, use cabs, or another method to get to and from airport, hotel, and the campus?

Reactions: 1 user
I just received an interview invitation. I am very impressed by the school because they just received my application yesterday. :) . How long do you guys prepare for interview? It is my first interview and I am thinking of 11/17 or 11/21. But I am so nervous not having enough preparing time

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be there the 17th!

I have a few questions for any OOSers who flew in or anyone else with insight. Any hotel recommendations? Also, did you rent a car, use cabs, or another method to get to and from airport, hotel, and the campus?
I recommend getting a hotel close to the school and taking a cab. Super Shuttle is the cheapest way to get to the hotel from the airport and back again, in my humble opinion. There was a guy in my interview group that spent quite a bit of money on a rental car, as opposed to spending $80-100 in transportation instead.

Best of luck!

I just received an interview invitation. I am very impressed by the school because they just received my application yesterday. :) . How long do you guys prepare for interview? It is my first interview and I am thinking of 11/17 or 11/21. But I am so nervous not having enough preparing time
Don't be too nervous! You've got this, really. It's a ten minute interview where three people ask you questions. You need to know:

1. 3 qualities of a pharmacist, and specific examples of how you embody those qualities.
2. Be able to talk about any experience you have. Any experience is good - it doesn't have to be fancy or extensive.
3. How you will be able to handle the stress of a three year program.
4. What challenges do pharmacists face today?
5. Why pharmacy?

Also, I recommend having some questions for your interviewers prepared. What is the most challenging aspect of your job?, What has been your largest adjustment in your career?, etc.

Good luck!

Thank you @ala0021! I need to start preparing seeing as I fly out in 10 days :)

Where is everyone on here from?
I'm from Alabama. Hoping I love the school and the area!

Don't be too nervous! You've got this, really. It's a ten minute interview where three people ask you questions. You need to know:

1. 3 qualities of a pharmacist, and specific examples of how you embody those qualities.
2. Be able to talk about any experience you have. Any experience is good - it doesn't have to be fancy or extensive.
5. Why pharmacy?

Also, I recommend having some questions for your interviewers prepared. What is the most challenging aspect of your job?, What has been your largest adjustment in your career?, etc.

Good luck!
Thank you so much Ala0021, I will practice your questions and all the questions in Sdn. I am not good at interview so I picked the latest date to make sure i am well prepared for it. MW is one of my top choices (and UA). Hope to be your future classmate!!!

5. Why pharmacy?

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up!
Anyone else scheduled for 11/21? I booked a hotel off Hotwire and it's 10 minutes away. I'm driving in from CA the day before.

I still need 1 more LOR from my pharmacist. She will submit it in by the end of november. I am surprised that the school still sent me an interview invitation. Does anyone know if my LOR will hold me back? Or will they still make decision without the LOR ( as long as it comes in before the deadline)

I still need 1 more LOR from my pharmacist. She will submit it in by the end of november. I am surprised that the school still sent me an interview invitation. Does anyone know if my LOR will hold me back? Or will they still make decision without the LOR ( as long as it comes in before the deadline)

The school only requires 2 LORs so if you were able to get an interview already, the 3rd LOR should not hold you back.

Thank you @ala0021! I need to start preparing seeing as I fly out in 10 days :)

Where is everyone on here from?
I'm from Alabama. Hoping I love the school and the area!
Lebirb, I am ironically also from AL. Auburn, specifically. What a small world!

@pinko It definitely won't hold you back - my 3rd never submitted and I was accepted regardless. MWU doesn't even accept a third letter, so it's a non-issue. Good luck!

i only have 1 LOR submitted. I am still waiting for the 2nd. Pharmcas showed that They only received 1 LOR. But MW porfilio showed that 2 LORs were received.

Andjust one more question! Do we have to write essays during/after interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Andjust one more question! Do we have to write essays during/after interview?
You get the prompt as soon as you get there and have until 11 to finish. Super easy, you'll have way more time than you'll need.

Reactions: 2 users
You get the prompt as soon as you get there and have until 11 to finish. Super easy, you'll have way more time than you'll need.
Thank you NicoleCPhT

Sometimes I wonder if they ever even look at our apps... :yeahright:

^ The girl above getting an interview with only 1 LOR. I understand that the rest of her application may be great, but its still an incomplete app. Also, the quick turnaround between submitting an application and the interview invite. Could they have really looked at our qualifications and make a decision within a few days? It's nice, don't get me wrong, but I don't know how much they actually look at us.

^ The girl above getting an interview with only 1 LOR. I understand that the rest of her application may be great, but its still an incomplete app. Also, the quick turnaround between submitting an application and the interview invite. Could they have really looked at our qualifications and make a decision within a few days? It's nice, don't get me wrong, but I don't know how much they actually look at us.
Realistically, they probably look to see if the applicant meets the minimum standard (GPA, PCAT) and offer an invite based on that. Then the interview screens out the people who are there for the wrong reasons.
I wouldn't freak out too much about having just one LOR. One stellar LOR reads better than two lackluster LORs Maybe admissions only reads LORs as a tie-breaker. The world may never know...

For those who got accepted, could you please share how long was your interview and how many questions did they ask? I am preparing my answers but not sure how long will I have to answer each question?

For those who got accepted, could you please share how long was your interview and how many questions did they ask? I am preparing my answers but not sure how long will I have to answer each question?
I believe my interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. They will start off by asking you to introduce yourself and then based off your response they pick which questions they're going to ask you. My questions were pretty general; why did I chose pharmacy? tell me about a time where you had to multitask..yadayada. You can take as long as you want to answer just try to not ramble on because if you go over your allotted time they might cut you off mid explanation. Short and concise!

Also, they all have computers in front of them to take notes on what your responses were. It was very distracting to me so try to focus on what you're saying and not the sound of their typing haha.

I believe my interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. They will start off by asking you to introduce yourself and then based off your response they pick which questions they're going to ask you. My questions were pretty general; why did I chose pharmacy? tell me about a time where you had to multitask..yadayada. You can take as long as you want to answer just try to not ramble on because if you go over your allotted time they might cut you off mid explanation. Short and concise!

Also, they all have computers in front of them to take notes on what your responses were. It was very distracting to me so try to focus on what you're saying and not the sound of their typing haha.

Thank you NicoleCPhT! I have been practicing the main questions such as tell me about yourself, why pharmacy , why MWU, current issue, etc. I think I will be ok on situation questions since I have been working in pharmacy for a while. But this is nerve-breaking. Did you have a chance to ask them any question at the end? and did you interview in group or just you vs. 3 of them?

Thank you NicoleCPhT! I have been practicing the main questions such as tell me about yourself, why pharmacy , why MWU, current issue, etc. I think I will be ok on situation questions since I have been working in pharmacy for a while. But this is nerve-breaking. Did you have a chance to ask them any question at the end? and did you interview in group or just you vs. 3 of them?
Just me vs 3 of them. I made sure to prepare a question for each of them before my interview. Try to tailor it to their profession or class year (there is a current student that is one of the 3)

I have an interview on Friday the 7th! MWU is the only school I am applying to because it's really the only one I can afford. I applied to 5 schools last cycle and only got 1 interview so I retook some classes and the PCAT this year and am crossing my fingers that this is finally my chance at a seat. :xf:
I got accepted! Woohoo! See all of you next year!! Don't forget to join the Facebook group if you got in!

Congrat on your interview invitation. Do you mind sharing when did you submit pharmcas and how long did it take to get verified and receive the invitation?
I submitted mine the first week of October it took Pharmcas about two weeks to process my application. Right after PharmCAS approved it, I heard from MU Glendale. It took way longer to hear back from MU Chicago.

I got accepted! Woohoo! See all of you next year!! Don't forget to join the Facebook group if you got in!
How do we join the FB Group? I can't seem to find it.

And yes, I got accepted from the 11/14 interview hehe.

Met some great people at the Monday interview this week. Also found out I've been accepted! :)

Congrats to those accepted & good luck to those still in the process!

2 more days til my interview! I'm stoked!!!

My experience was the same as yours Nicole... well we did interview the same day lol. Anyways my biggest advise Pinko is to be relaxed and prepare for the big questions like "why pharmacy and why Midwestern". I also got asked a situational question and I was able to tailor it to the person who asked it. I also took my time on the why pharmacy question and they didn't cut me off, but I noticed the interviewers eyes look at the clock that was behind me.

Hello everyone!!

Please add the Midwestern CPG Class of 2018 Facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1483230261936574/
(Or search for the name)

I will be joining your class of 2018! I am currently in the 2017 class and going through the first year so if anyone has questions, please don't hesitate to ask! I am joining you all due to adding an extra year for personal reasons (ex. having a baby) so I will only briefly see you in the summer and fall, but permanently be with you after that.

For interviews, be confident! Show your genuine personality!
I have talked to teachers and the asst dean in what they look for. People have been denied with great GPAs and PCAT scores, because they didn't have any people skills which is important in this field. You don't have to be outgoing, just genuine. They may also ask you when you have gone above and beyond for someone else (I was asked this) and what qualities and experiences you have that would make you a good pharmacist. Also, wear a suit both men and women.

If you have any questions, please don't hesistate to ask!
My husband is graduating from the program in May, so another resource for you all. He is on rotations and he can already say that he has been prepared well from the program especially compared to students from other schools.

I will be sending out the group to students in 2017, 2016 and 2015 and teachers tend to join the FB groups too. They can help answer any questions as well.

I live off campus and can help with the area as well when it's time to find housing (I have lived here my whole life). I advise now to pick somewhere near campus or on campus.

You will be flooded with organizations and info when you begin, so please ask questions!

And don't be fooled because it's Arizona, it's beautiful here but it does get chilly so for those coming in for interview be prepared for a dry cold mainly in the mornings. Otherwise, it's wonderful here especially compared to other areas of the country. It does get very hot in the summer but with little to no humidity.

I am so excited to meet you all and you will love Midwestern!!!

Last edited:
I'm giving up my seat at MWU Glendale. Got accepted to my #1. Good luck to you all!

I am nervous ....
Don't be. MWU Glendale has the easiest interviews that I've been to thus far. Be honest, genuine, show a passion and knowledge of the program, and understand that they are looking for someone that can communicate with patients and physicians.

My best advice is to just relax! You'll do great! And also have a question prepared for each interviewer. There will be a P3, a professor, and a preceptor.

Don't be. MWU Glendale has the easiest interviews that I've been to thus far. Be honest, genuine, show a passion and knowledge of the program, and understand that they are looking for someone that can communicate with patients and physicians.

My best advice is to just relax! You'll do great! And also have a question prepared for each interviewer. There will be a P3, a professor, and a preceptor.
Thank you DVsone! Congrat for get accepted to your #1 school!

I saw the accepted student check list. I think it is good new, right??

Just got accepted! Can't wait to start in June and meet you all! :)

Reactions: 6 users
When I log into the website, I see the accepted student checklist too. That's good news right?!? I haven't received an official call/email yet.

Reactions: 4 users
I have an interview on December 5th! Is anyone else interviewing this day?

When I log into the website, I see the accepted student checklist too. That's good news right?!? I haven't received an official call/email yet.
I didn't get the official call until the next Monday or an email until a week after. After you see the checklist, you're in. Congratulations!

I know Midwestern is first come first serve on acceptances, but I have a question. Do all seats get filled before all interviews are over? Do they pick a few per interview date and then pick the rest after all the interviews are over?

Does anybody know?

Im fairly sure they have already rejected some people, or at least put some on a waiting list. At least, that is what I got a feel for on my interview day early in October.

I know Midwestern is first come first serve on acceptances, but I have a question. Do all seats get filled before all interviews are over? Do they pick a few per interview date and then pick the rest after all the interviews are over?

Does anybody know?

It is first come first serve and they fill fast but a lot of people that are accepted get accepted to other schools and choose those instead. If you are accepted, awesome! If you get put on the waiting list, you still have a high chance on getting in. My husband was put on that list and was accepted a month before school. I know people who were accepted two days before too. People will take a seat and then forfeit it for another school.

Just have a genuine personality and good people skills. They will reject people with great scores jugs because they don't have any people skills, because it's so important in this career. Be ready to talk about experience, whether it be in the pharmacy field or not (much of mine was not) and you'll be fine :)

It is first come first serve and they fill fast but a lot of people that are accepted get accepted to other schools and choose those instead. If you are accepted, awesome! If you get put on the waiting list, you still have a high chance on getting in. My husband was put on that list and was accepted a month before school. I know people who were accepted two days before too. People will take a seat and then forfeit it for another school.

Just have a genuine personality and good people skills. They will reject people with great scores jugs because they don't have any people skills, because it's so important in this career. Be ready to talk about experience, whether it be in the pharmacy field or not (much of mine was not) and you'll be fine :)

Thanx. I'm asking because I'm barely just applying. Unfortunately for me, my transfer did not go through. There was given an interview opportunity but there was a confusion (thought I was on a medical leave of absence but it turned out to be a withdrawal instead) :( Now I have to go through the admission process.