Midwestern Glendale- Entering 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The composite score that you got after completing the test is pretty much what you got. The written part won't make your score fluctuate much.

I got in with a 3.4 GPA and an 85 on the PCAT

Members don't see this ad.

So.. question!

If we didn't receive a call/email about an acceptance but have a new checklist under the post-accepted section, what does that mean exactly? Am I accepted and just haven't been formally told? Or am I being waitlisted?

Please let me know! The anticipation...

So.. question!

If we didn't receive a call/email about an acceptance but have a new checklist under the post-accepted section, what does that mean exactly? Am I accepted and just haven't been formally told? Or am I being waitlisted?

Please let me know! The anticipation...

If you see required documents under post-accepted then you are in! You can call the admissions office if you want to double check your status, but you should receive a phone call within a week (I think I got a call 4 days after my interview date) and an acceptance letter in the mail within 2-3 weeks later. Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you see required documents under post-accepted then you are in! You can call the admissions office if you want to double check your status, but you should receive a phone call within a week (I think I got a call 4 days after my interview date) and an acceptance letter in the mail within 2-3 weeks later. Congrats!

Great! Thanks!

Congrats @
danicuhmae

When did you interview? When did it update for you?

Thanks! I interviewed on the 5th and noticed the update yesterday in the afternoon.

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like we still have to provide records of those shots. Most of them you should've got as a child, so most likely all you'll need are the titers. The list is a little confusing... hopefully they'll send an email or clarify once we get closer to beginning class.
Thank you Ashley. I am assuming this means that all those "1st 2nd 3rd" labeled next to all the different shots under the Immunization Record tab mean they are completed? I just had a hard time understanding that list. And I just have to get titers done now? Thanks for making it clearer for me.

From what I heard is titters are required. It doesnt matter if you have your shot record or not.

Did anyone else get an email from a website called applicationstation? It's for background check.

Is this legit ?? It asks me a lot of personal information so I want to make sure before I sumit anything .. Thank you :)

Did anyone else get an email from a website called applicationstation? It's for background check.

Is this legit ?? It asks me a lot of personal information so I want to make sure before I sumit anything .. Thank you :)

I was little concerned as well. I saw MWU-Glendale was on their list of schools that accept Certiphi, so I figured it wasn't a scam...correct me if i'm wrong though.

I completed mine already and it cost $15 dollar to process. After it is complete, you'll get an email to review the info and you can release the info or the website will automatically release.

Did anybody get an update this week (for 1/5-1/6) interviews?

I'm interviewing this Friday, 1/23! Any tips? Should I bring anything?

I'm interviewing this Friday, 1/23! Any tips? Should I bring anything?

You don't need to necessarily bring anything except your ID. I would suggest bringing a pen to complete your essay. if it makes you more comfortable, you can bring a padfolio in case you have written out notes to potential interview questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is quiet. Any updates from anyone?

I was little concerned as well. I saw MWU-Glendale was on their list of schools that accept Certiphi, so I figured it wasn't a scam...correct me if i'm wrong though.

I completed mine already and it cost $15 dollar to process. After it is complete, you'll get an email to review the info and you can release the info or the website will automatically release.

I paid the $15 and put in my information, but only because I received an email from MWU (to my MWU mail) essentially saying "Hey, do it now, here's the link."
Has anyone gotten those titers done yet? I printed off the paperwork, I just haven't gone into the hospital to get it done yet.

I paid the $15 and put in my information, but only because I received an email from MWU (to my MWU mail) essentially saying "Hey, do it now, here's the link."
Has anyone gotten those titers done yet? I printed off the paperwork, I just haven't gone into the hospital to get it done yet.

I have not yet. I was thinking of getting it done when I move to MWU.

Has anyone who interviewed on 2-6 heard back yet?

Just out of curiosity, how does rejections and waitlists work in MW? Mostly, how do you find out of either one?

Just finished all my financial paperwork and found a place to live. Have to get my Titers. I'm excited for school to start!

Reactions: 1 users
I have to do my finances still, but I did get my blood drawn for the titers. The pain is going to be the 2 step TB test.

I finished all my financial aid paperwork but am confused as ever about which titers/shots I need to get...

I'm looking at the apt for renting below $700 with safe neighbors nearby campus if possible. Would someone please recommend me some places

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I finished all my financial aid paperwork but am confused as ever about which titers/shots I need to get...
You need the titers for Hep B, Varicella, Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. :) It wasn't that bad - just a little needle for two small vials when I had it done. Waiting on the results still. As far as shots, I recommend going to your hospital with your shot record and a print-out of the list on MWU net. The hospital will stick you like a pincushion, then you'll be good to go on your shots.
@lucz If you go on the Facebook page for our class, there are lots of people looking for roommates.

Hi everyone!
I am currently in the class of 2017 and will joining you all as the class of 2018!! (Baby due in May lol).

Please add the Facebook group Midwestern CPG Class of 2018!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1483230261936574/

If the link doesn't work, searching the name should work.

If you have any questions at all, please ask me and/or ask on the FB group. There are current 1st-3rd years, alumni and some teachers in the group that can help out. I'm currently a first year and my husband is graduating from the program this May (week after the baby is due haha) so we are here for anything you need. =D

To those who have been accepted, have any one of you applied without a Bachelor's degree? I'd greatly appreciate your replies. Thanks!

Have they started accepting people from the waitlist?

going to be pulling my seat next week.. good luck to those on the wait list!!!!

I'm looking at the apt for renting below $700 with safe neighbors nearby campus if possible. Would someone please recommend me some places

I will be out of state for my summer break and my IPPEs. I am currently looking for a female student to take over my lease late May. I have a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom luxury apartment in a gated community. It is within walking distance to Midwestern University. The rent would be less than $700 if you share with a roommate. I currently live with another student from a different program who will most likely going to stay at the same apartment. If you are interested, please let me know if you are fine with living with a student from a different program.

If you have any questions about the apartment, please PM me. Thank you!

Last edited:
I just declined my acceptance today. Good luck guys!

Got the call on Wednesday. I'm in!!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone found any loans that cover the full amount of tuition and include the option the defer interest payments to 6 months after graduation? The only thing I've found thus far is Wells Fargo/USAA.

Has anyone found any loans that cover the full amount of tuition and include the option the defer interest payments to 6 months after graduation? The only thing I've found thus far is Wells Fargo/USAA.

Edited: The Stafford Loans already have a grace period of 6 months. The Grad Plus Loans also can be deferred for professional students for 6 months after enrollment (see https://studentaid.ed.gov/types/loans/plus#when-do-i-begin ) Even if you don't defer, both types of loan can be consolidated into Direct Consolidation Loans and payments can be reduced (potentially to $0 depending on your income) on the Income Based Repayment plan if you don't have a job lined up right after graduation.

If you take a private loan, you lose out on some of the benefits of federal loans such as potential loan forgiveness and the ability to reduce payments relative to income.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone offered an interview and has only gone to a community college (not a 4-year university) to finish their prereqs?

Anyone offered an interview and has only gone to a community college (not a 4-year university) to finish their prereqs?
Probably to late for you to see this, but I was accepted at MWCPG and all of my prereqs were completed at community colleges.
Definitely possible.