About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midwestern-IL or Louisville?

Discussion in 'School Specific Discussions' started by Dentalchic85, Mar 6, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Dentalchic85

Dentalchic85

Pre-Dental

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I am trying to decide whether to go to Midwestern-IL since I'm from Illinois or Louisville. Any insight?
  2. rothrube

rothrube

Pre-Dental
    Midwestern
  3. Dentalchic85

Dentalchic85

Pre-Dental
    Any reasons why? I'm not sure how Louisville ranks in comparison to other schools, but I hear it's a better program than Midwestern. But I would love to stay near my family.
  4. Dentalchic85

Dentalchic85

Pre-Dental
  5. rothrube

rothrube

Pre-Dental
    I was only thinking of instate vs out of state tuition. midwestern is private though. so tuition is even more expensive there than louisville I believe.

Midwestern will have a brand new campus and you will be apart of the inaugural class. that can have some advantages and disadvantages.

Louisville also has a nice campus and they recently updated everything.

Truth be told after thinking about it I would without a doubt choose Louisville
  6. suarez 7

suarez 7

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    If you can live at home and can commute if you go to MWU, then go there. Tuition will be ~295k for 4 years since you don't have to pay for living expenses. I believe Lousiville's COA will be higher if you include living expenses.
  7. Dentalchic85

Dentalchic85

Pre-Dental
    So basically I should only think about cost? Bc it worries me when ppl post bad things about Midwestern like how there's no clinic and you don't know how well students do on the boards and the fact that they don't have any specialty programs.
  8. sniper86

sniper86

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I would go to Louisville. Even if you live at home at MW, i don't think you'd save that much money bc MW is very expensive and i dont think the cost of living is that high in Louisville but that's something you should research yourself. You may be able to find an apt for 400-500 a month if you have roomates. I've heard good things about Louisville and there's really not much anyone can say about MW bc it's so new. It may be good, it's just difficult to say at this point. It would be pure speculation. Of course if being closer to family is important to you, then that's something to think about. Good luck!
  9. themaplekind

themaplekind

Non-Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
  10. Quattro DMD

Quattro DMD

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    MW-AZ is just now graduating it's first class this June, MW-IL just started its inaugural class this year. Two dental schools before they even graduate a first class? Go to Louisville, you won't have to be the guinea pig for MW curriculum. Plus if you want to specialize there's more contacts there.
  11. Dentalchic85

Dentalchic85

Pre-Dental
    Thanks everyone for your input, I guess Louisville is overall a better school.
  12. jsing

jsing JSing

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Go Louisville!