Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted just now!!! Interviewed on 9/16. No official email from AZCOM just yet but I could see the Accepted Student Checklist. I could not see the Matriculation Agreement because I guess they are still processing it :p. They told me to check back tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I've been waitlisted for an interview for about a month now with no word back, do you guys think its worth giving the admissions office a call to inquire about my status and express my interest in the school? Or would this hurt my application?

It probably wouldn't hurt to call.

Though, if your MCAT is < 30, they historically interview in January. There are many exceptions, but that is the general trend for applicants waitlisted with a slightly lower MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! Interviewed on 9/11. So stoked. Congrats everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted too wahoo! I saw all the acceptances but I was anxious so I called them. Some info: when I called they said that they haven't made a decision on me. I asked when the adcom meets and they said they meet on Fridays. I then asked when they will be discussing my application and she told me today. So they're pretty open with info if you call. Congratulations everyone!

Thanks for the clarification guys! I think i got an acceptance... items just appeared on my accepted student checklist (matriculation agreement, technical standards form, transcripts, etc.).....right? o_O

Reactions: 2 users
Received my snail-mail acceptance letter today.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepteddddddd. Interviewed 9/21.

Reactions: 7 users
How long did it take for the LORs to check off on the checklist? They have had my primary for some time, but only received my secondary about 10 days ago. Everything else is in, so I am going to call on Monday if anything.

Sometimes they have it and just don't check it off. Call and give them a reminder and they'll change it

It probably wouldn't hurt to call.

Though, if your MCAT is < 30, they historically interview in January. There are many exceptions, but that is the general trend for applicants waitlisted with a slightly lower MCAT.
So there are people who get interviewed before January even when they have lower MCAT so this means that they review the entire application before they wait list? Thank you :)

So there are people who get interviewed before January even when they have lower MCAT so this means that they review the entire application before they wait list? Thank you :)
I got interviewed this week with a <30 mcat, so I think they do review the app before waitlisting...

Nice! Ok so no more re applicant status posts for you!
giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked online and I've been accepted! Interviewed Monday 9/21 and haven't checked since then but this is still a fast turnaround.

My 1st acceptance after not getting a single II last year!

Reactions: 6 users
Haha, looks like both of us will be attending white coat next year! Is that from a movie or a TV show?
It's from the TV show Arrested Development, the first two seasons of which are absolutely golden. You should watch it before the med school life sets in and you have some time. Actually, watch the show "Community" first, then move on to AD.

This is important.

It's from the TV show Arrested Development, the first two seasons of which are absolutely golden. You should watch it before the med school life sets in and you have some time. Actually, watch the show "Community" first, then move on to AD.

This is important.

Ok, so you interviewed 9/21, just got accepted, and your favorite shows are Arrested Development and Community...

...are you me?

Reactions: 5 users
Interview 9/17
Accepted 9/27
FIRST MED SCHOOL ACCEPTANCE :D

Reactions: 5 users
Did you just get the acceptance today? Do they work on the weekends?
I'm not sure if it was sent out today but I went on my portal and saw it today. I haven't received an email yet so I'm assuming it was sent fairly recently.

Accepted today!
Sent secondary: 6/24
Interview: 9/15, OOS

Last edited:
Accepted today. Just a question though, is anyone here international? I just read through the acceptance letter and in order to apply for a visa we have to have USD funds totalling all 4 years of tuition in a US bank account, as in lines of credits and stuff don't count except the amounts that have already been withdrawn from the LOC? That is super annoying, I don't even know if its possible for me to withdraw all 4 years of an LOC in one go (I feel like you can't actually).
Anyone know?
Interview: 9/16, OOS
Acceptance: 9/28

Just got the call! Interviewed 9/21. Accepted 9/28. First acceptance :clap:.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today. Just a question though, is anyone here international? I just read through the acceptance letter and in order to apply for a visa we have to have USD funds totalling all 4 years of tuition in a US bank account, as in lines of credits and stuff don't count except the amounts that have already been withdrawn from the LOC? That is super annoying, I don't even know if its possible for me to withdraw all 4 years of an LOC in one go (I feel like you can't actually).
Anyone know?
Interview: 9/16, OOS
Acceptance: 9/28

Canadian?

II today! Had no idea they sent these out so late...its 2:15am right now.

Submitted the secondary two days ago and just got an II! Fast turnaround! I'm surprised they gave me one when I don't have my physician letter in yet.

Submitted the secondary two days ago and just got an II! Fast turnaround! I'm surprised they gave me one when I don't have my physician letter in yet.

Impressive, you must have high stats like 3.9, 39 or something like that. Or maybe you cured ebola?

Impressive, you must have high stats like 3.9, 39 or something like that. Or maybe you cured ebola?

Haha I have good stats and ECs but nothing out of this world crazy. I have a 3.8c, 3.8s and 30 (10,10,10). 200 hours hospital volunteering, 80 hours shadowing and additional volunteer hours from a nursing home and animal shelter. Worked as a test prep teacher for a tutoring company, an educational assistant for a student with disabilities and as a server/kitchen manager. Did some psychology research too but no pubs.

Haha I have good stats and ECs but nothing out of this world crazy. I have a 3.8c, 3.8s and 30 (10,10,10). 200 hours hospital volunteering, 80 hours shadowing and additional volunteer hours from a nursing home and animal shelter. Worked as a test prep teacher for a tutoring company, an educational assistant for a student with disabilities and as a server/kitchen manager.

:clap: I'm even more impressed. Honestly with your stats and extracurricular, imho, you should be in a top MD school.

:clap: I'm even more impressed. Honestly with your stats and extracurricular, imho, you should be in a top MD school.

Lol definitely not. I think the averages for top MD schools are like a 3.9 GPA and 37 MCAT and you need really unique ECs. I have a decent chance at some schools in my state so hopefully I can at least get an interview. Best of luck to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted! Interviewed 9/15 :soexcited:

II just now! Quick turnaround here too, complete 9/24.

So I checked my portal and I think they waived the physician letter requirement...it's not listed on my application checklist and I looked at my received materials and they don't have the box at all, while my CCOM app has a red X next to the physician letter. Does anyone know if AZCOM does this?

So I checked my portal and I think they waived the physician letter requirement...it's not listed on my application checklist and I looked at my received materials and they don't have the box at all, while my CCOM app has a red X next to the physician letter. Does anyone know if AZCOM does this?

did you actually send a doctor LOR in?

if not, some schools simply strongly recommend a physician letter and even strongly recommend a DO letter, so it might not be a requirement. some also force you to get a DO LOR as part of a conditional acceptance. i personally thought that an MD/DO letter was an absolute requirement for AZCOM. you should call them and ask what is up else you might get post interview rejected because "the adcoms wanted to see a physician letter."

I got the accepted checklist on Friday, but now I'm starting to go crazy because no email or phone call yet! Anybody else?

I got the accepted checklist on Friday, but now I'm starting to go crazy because no email or phone call yet! Anybody else?
I got the checklist Friday and official email Monday. No call though

I never got a call. I was in the first wave of acceptances and I got the letter in the mail yesterday.

I never got a call. I was in the first wave of acceptances and I got the letter in the mail yesterday.

SAME. No call. First wave. Letter yesterday.

just got an II this morning!! scheduled for Nov. 11 interview :soexcited:

just got an II this morning!! scheduled for Nov. 11 interview :soexcited:
Congratulations! My interview was really nice here, and everyone was extremely polite and helpful. I think you'll really like it. Good luck!

Just got a "Waitlist for Interview" email. Better than a rejection I suppose

Complete 7/20ish; got an email for wait list for interview too... Hopefully things turn out for the best for both of us and we get invited!

GPA: 3.3/3.2s, MCAT balanced 30 in case people wanted a reference (2k research, 300 clinical, 200 shadowing, 100 community, DO letter), I know my stats aren't that good, so I am a bit happy it wasn't just a straight rejection.. but yeah.. good luck to everyone! Glad to hear something than the silence I'm getting everywhere else, this whole process is so nerve wracking!

+1 waitlist for interview. I just called them. Admissions won't look at this list till April/May of next year. :/ Sigh