Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!!!

P.S. Now I just need to retreat from Starbucks where I'm right now, as I screamed a bit in excitement when I saw checklist on my portal. Folks sitting at the tables near me probably think I'm a psycho or bipolar, lol :laugh:
Interviewed 1/22
507 MCAT, 3.79 cGPA, old non-trad

Ok, easy part is over (undergrad, GPA, mcat, etc) - now the hard part begins (M1,2,3,4, steps, matching...etc) but I'm looking forward to it!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!!!!!! :banana:

Just checked my portal and the checklist was there! This is SO exciting! Interviewed 1/25.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear your news!

Reactions: 1 users
Same here!!!!! I have accepted student checklist as well!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed Jan 27th. Couldn't get through to admissions on the phone but my portal takes me directly to Accepted Student Checklist. However, when clicking on the matriculation agreement complete form link, it says:

Your information is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow.

But technical standards form link went through, and now says received.

I think I'm in shock - does this mean I've been accepted?!

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed Jan 27th. Couldn't get through to admissions on the phone but my portal takes me directly to Accepted Student Checklist. However, when clicking on the matriculation agreement complete form link, it says:

Your information is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow.

But technical standards form link went through, and now says received.

I think I'm in shock - does this mean I've been accepted?!

I think you were accepted as well!!! Congratulations!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Not as lucky as you all:(. Got the bachelor degree missing part on applicant checklist which means waitlisted.

Anyone know if waitlisted people have any shot? Is there anything I can do to help my chances? Pretty bummed, was really impressed on my visit.

Not as lucky as you all:(. Got the bachelor degree missing part on applicant checklist which means waitlisted.

Anyone know if waitlisted people have any shot? Is there anything I can do to help my chances? Pretty bummed, was really impressed on my visit.

Sorry to hear that.... don't give up! I think you may have a good chance off the wait list! Would definitely write a letter of intent in March or April like they said and make sure you have it as an attachment and not on the main email. This is according to the lady who led us on the tour guide at the school. Best of luck!

Okay, I'm a bit worried now reading the last post by tstones5. I also have bachelor degree missing on the required prerequisites on my accepted student checklist... does that mean I'm waitlisted?

To clarify on the APPLICANT checklist I have all the listed required documents and exams, but not on the ACCEPTED STUDENT checklist.

I've been a
Okay, I'm a bit worried now reading the last post by tstones5. I also have bachelor degree missing on the required prerequisites on my accepted student checklist... does that mean I'm waitlisted?

To clarify on the APPLICANT checklist I have all the listed required documents and exams, but not on the ACCEPTED STUDENT checklist.

I've been accepted since October and I'm pretty sure I have a portion of my checklist that says I'm missing my bachelors degree

Just called - she said congratulations!!

Members don't see this ad :)

I have the same thing, but no call yet :x

Interviewed 2/1

On my homepage I have 'applicant checklist' at the bottom, with *needed for application to be complete - bachelor degree - 1.00*.

Clicking on the Post-accepted links (Matriculation/payment and Accepted Student Checklist) I just have the standard defaults.

Is this waitlisted?

I believe so, yes... If you don't have the full Accepted Checklist..

Must've been my lack of DO experience. Good luck to all!
There will be movement in and out. It's not over yet. Especially considering there are 252 spots and that means statistically even greater number of waitlisted folks will be accepted (compared to some smaller schools). Don't give up. Send them some LOI maybe?

Placed on alternate list. Talked to admissions office. Won't even find out till May and won't rank waitlisted kids, which sounds like hope is very slim I join you guys.

Best of luck to all who got in! Great school!

Oh, God. I'm worried now. On my home page I have everything listed under accepted student checklist (including bachelor's degree) and nothing under applicant checklist. What does this mean?

I should have called admissions before I went to work

Oh, God. I'm worried now. On my home page I have everything listed under accepted student checklist (including bachelor's degree) and nothing under applicant checklist. What does this mean?

I should have called admissions before I went to work

Yes, believe that is what it should look like?? People that are wait listed have bachelor degree on Applicant Checklist and Not on Accepted Checklist I assume..

Last edited:
Anybody know if there is a Facebook group?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I got email too. However, I probably missed a call from azcom. Those who got phone call - what do they say? Just general congrats thing or something about deposit etc? Should I call them back or it's better not bother them if it's just a general "welcome to AZCOM" phone call? Thanks.

I still haven't receive the email yet.. everyone got it?

I got email too. However, I probably missed a call from azcom. Those who got phone call - what do they say? Just general congrats thing or something about deposit etc? Should I call them back or it's better not bother them if it's just a general "welcome to AZCOM" phone call? Thanks.
I believe they also talk about what to do next, like direction for sending in your transcripts and etc..? At last that's what the admission lady told me when I called in on Wednesday.

Accepted.

Subsequently withdrew due to my acceptance elsewhere.

Good luck to all the rest of y'all.

Reactions: 1 users
I just called them this morning. Accepted!!!

Accepted.

Subsequently withdrew due to my acceptance elsewhere.

Good luck to all the rest of y'all.

When did you guys interview?

Ok and what's all this about not having the bachelor's satisfied on your applicant checklist being an indication of WL? Are you guys going batty or something? Why would you have a bachelors yet if you haven't graduated? Or is the idea that you do have a bachelors but they aren't showing it? I'm just saying that if you haven't graduated yet then...this is a no-brainer and shouldn't affect the app.

Ok and what's all this about not having the bachelor's satisfied on your applicant checklist being an indication of WL? Are you guys going batty or something? Why would you have a bachelors yet if you haven't graduated? Or is the idea that you do have a bachelors but they aren't showing it? I'm just saying that if you haven't graduated yet then...this is a no-brainer and shouldn't affect the app.

It means that the school wants proof of your bachelor degree. I'm assuming via an official school transcript.

It means that the school wants proof of your bachelor degree. I'm assuming via an official school transcript.

Well they'll need to wait until you graduate to confirm that, no? Official transcripts are sent to AACOMAS, and they can view that. So they'll confirm that you're on the path to whatever degree. But to see you were actually given the degree, they'll need to wait. Obviously. I'm just wondering why people are assuming they're not accepted because of that. I assume that's dealt with later on, after you're accepted and give them your final transcripts.

Well they'll need to wait until you graduate to confirm that, no? Official transcripts are sent to AACOMAS, and they can view that. So they'll confirm that you're on the path to whatever degree. But to see you were actually given the degree, they'll need to wait. Obviously. I'm just wondering why people are assuming they're not accepted because of that. I assume that's dealt with later on, after you're accepted and give them your final transcripts.

(Disclaimer--I interviewed at CCOM, but it appears to be the same system for both schools)

The admissions counselor told us after our interviews last Monday that if the "proof of bachelor's degree" appears without an accepted student checklist it means you're on the wait list. Not sure why they do it like this though.

Hope that clears things up.

(Disclaimer--I interviewed at CCOM, but it appears to be the same system for both schools)

The admissions counselor told us after our interviews last Monday that if the "proof of bachelor's degree" appears without an accepted student checklist it means you're on the wait list. Not sure why they do it like this though.

Hope that clears things up.

It doesn't for me. I have no idea what you mean here. Proof of bachelors is on the applicant checklist, not the accepted student checklist. So you're saying if the proof of bachelor's degree appears without an accepted student checklist then you're on the WL? The proof of bachelors indication is going to appear regardless. Do you mean the indication that you do not have proof of bachelors yet, which is on the applicant checklist for those in their final year of school (such as myself), plus the fact that there is no accepted student checklist?

It doesn't for me. I have no idea what you mean here. Proof of bachelors is on the applicant checklist, not the accepted student checklist. So you're saying if the proof of bachelor's degree appears without an accepted student checklist then you're on the WL? The proof of bachelors indication is going to appear regardless. Do you mean the indication that you do not have proof of bachelors yet, which is on the applicant checklist for those in their final year of school (such as myself), plus the fact that there is no accepted student checklist?

Let's try that again, if you have the indication that you do not have proof of bachelors yet, on the "Applicant" check list, then it means you are wait listed. If you have the indication that you do not have proof of bachelors yet, on the "Accepted" check list, then you are accepted. The indication for bachelor degree only appears after interview and a decision has been made. If you are still not clear or have doubts, the admission office staffs are very nice and would be more than happy to answer your questions.

Anyone get off the interview waitlist yet?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Let's try that again, if you have the indication that you do not have proof of bachelors yet, on the "Applicant" check list, then it means you are wait listed. If you have the indication that you do not have proof of bachelors yet, on the "Accepted" check list, then you are accepted. The indication for bachelor degree only appears after interview and a decision has been made. If you are still not clear or have doubts, the admission office staffs are very nice and would be more than happy to answer your questions.

Huh. Guess I'm WL'd then (if this actually applies to AZCOM and is not just a misunderstanding). Do you get an e-mail notification if you're WL'd?

Huh. Guess I'm WL'd then (if this actually applies to AZCOM and is not just a misunderstanding). Do you get an e-mail notification if you're WL'd?

I haven't even gotten my acceptance email yet, but yes, eventually you do get an email (WL, acceptance or rejection). I called the admission office to be sure after I got my Accepted checklist though.

Anyone get off the interview waitlist yet?

Not yet. I sent an update email with my Navy HPSP selection at the end of January. Have you sent an update letter yet?

Not yet. I sent an update email with my Navy HPSP selection at the end of January. Have you sent an update letter yet?

No I haven't.....

For those that have interviewed: How many interviewees were present on your interview day? I've been to some interviews with 10-12 applicants and one with 30+ applicants.

For those who have not yet interviewed: Anyone interviewing at AZCOM next week? I'm interviewing on Feb 26 and am excited to be heading down!

For those that have interviewed: How many interviewees were present on your interview day? I've been to some interviews with 10-12 applicants and one with 30+ applicants.

For those who have not yet interviewed: Anyone interviewing at AZCOM next week? I'm interviewing on Feb 26 and am excited to be heading down!

I'm interviewing on March 1st! :)

So is it a 3v1 panel interview, or do you sit in the interview with other applicants as well? If so, any suggestions on how to approach the situation vs. if it was just a 3v1 panel interview?

Really appreciate the responses! :)

There were 17 interviewees on my interview day
Cool, thanks!

So is it a 3v1 panel interview, or do you sit in the interview with other applicants as well? If so, any suggestions on how to approach the situation vs. if it was just a 3v1 panel interview?

I almost chose March 1! Good luck- I'll PM you on Feb 26 after my interview and let you know how it all went.

The way they talk about the panel interview on their website is confusing, but in this thread there have been several individuals who have indicated that it's just you and the panel of three. The overwhelming consensus is that the interview goes something like this: the panel asks you questions for about 20-25 minutes and then gives you 5-10 minutes to ask them questions.

Cool, thanks!

I almost chose March 1! Good luck- I'll PM you on Feb 26 after my interview and let you know how it all went.

The way they talk about the panel interview on their website is confusing, but in this thread there have been several individuals who have indicated that it's just you and the panel of three. The overwhelming consensus is that the interview goes something like this: the panel asks you questions for about 20-25 minutes and then gives you 5-10 minutes to ask them questions.
Yeah that's pretty much how it is. It's just you and the panel, and honestly it is pretty low stress. Don't freak out too much. I'm sure it depends on the panel, but my interview was super conversational and the interviewers definitely seemed like they wanted me to be comfortable. Good luck at your interviews! @odette115

Look up past interview questions and practice. Know yourself and aspiration to study medicine and more specifically, Osteopathic. Be comfortable talking about those things and you will be fine. My interview was very conversational, they really try to make you feel comfortable. Regardless of how your interviewer behaves or acts, don't get caught up in it and be confident in yourself then you should be fine. I got asked bunch of questions because my answers were short but they didn't pick at the details of it. Good luck guys!

Interviewed 1/25
On the portal home page there is an area for accepted student checklist and an applicant checklist. Apparently having it say that you are missing your bachelor's degree in the ACCEPTED student checklist is an acceptance and the missing bachelor's degree in the APPLICANT checklist means you are waitlisted. I have a bachelor's degree and didn't know about the accepted vs. applicant checklist homepage thing. Hence the confusion.