Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I loved interview day as well. The school is absolutely beautiful, the students all seem so happy and the sunny AZ weather is definitely a plus. Does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is like?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I loved interview day as well. The school is absolutely beautiful, the students all seem so happy and the sunny AZ weather is definitely a plus. Does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is like?
Someone earlier guessed between 60-70% while I thought I heard someone (non-faculty) say about 50%.
So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

During the interview they said 75%. In our cases hopefully its 100% haha

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the last interview date or latest for now is? Waiting on the alternate list to start having some movement and they said that will be after May 1.

Anyone else on alternate list got more info through phone calls with AZCOM?

Does anyone know when the last interview date or latest for now is? Waiting on the alternate list to start having some movement and they said that will be after May 1.

Anyone else on alternate list got more info through phone calls with AZCOM?
I know there are some the last week of April.

Reactions: 1 users
wow just received an II for this school, was not expecting it. Is the acceptance rate still as high as 75% if the interview is in April?
Depends. Are you Gandalf the Gray or Gandalf the White

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone have any idea how to join the official AZCOM 2020 fb group? I sent a request a month ago but still being left out :(

Does anyone know how close the class is to being filled? :p Got an II this morning too- last week of April! (been on II hold since December!), but was wondering if we'd be interviewing for a WL spot or if there is still a good chance of getting a seat :)

Does anyone know how close the class is to being filled? :p Got an II this morning too- last week of April! (been on II hold since December!), but was wondering if we'd be interviewing for a WL spot or if there is still a good chance of getting a seat :)

I got an II this morning as well! Tough call for me on whether to attend... I'm interested but the timing is tough. I called admissions this morning and they indicated that no matter what day you interview that week, the adcom won't meet until 28th/29th earliest, but more likely wouldn't meet until first week of May. I have a large deposit due 5/1 so feeling like I'm in a sticky situation, money-wise... Sucks to have to throw down multiple $1k+ deposits!

I interviewed Friday, and if I remember correctly they said we would hear back within two weeks.
Yeah. It seems like the General consensus is that end of the week after is how it's gone for the past couple interview groups. I also interviewed Friday, so I'm gettin stoked.

Also, does the committee just meet around the 28th/29th of every month or was that unique for the round of review referenced earlier?

Yeah. It seems like the General consensus is that end of the week after is how it's gone for the past couple interview groups. I also interviewed Friday, so I'm gettin stoked.

Also, does the committee just meet around the 28th/29th of every month or was that unique for the round of review referenced earlier?

Specific to that round! They usually meet at least every other week.

Members don't see this ad :)
The committee met yesterday so hopefully we'll get some news soon.

I've been checking the portal pretty frequently as well, I hope the committee can't see how many times I log onto it lol. They did meet yesterday so I hope that we all hear some good news soon :)

Reactions: 1 users
No, haven't heard anything either. I interviewed on 3/21. I've been anxiously checking the portal every few hours though...
haha me too. It's kind of pathetic how often I check that thing.

I've been checking the portal pretty frequently as well, I hope the committee can't see how many times I log onto it lol. They did meet yesterday so I hope that we all hear some good news soon :)
Did you call and ask?

I haven't called them. They told us on our interview day that the committee was meeting on Tues and that we should expect to hear back within two weeks

I haven't called them. They told us on our interview day that the committee was meeting on Tues and that we should expect to hear back within two weeks
When did you interview? I hate waiting.

Last edited:
I emailed admissions. This was my response. "The Committee has not yet met. If you are accepted into the program, you will be notified after the meeting."

So...yeah.

At this point, you guys are better off waiting until next Tuesday I think. If there's a decision, it would be around Tuesday or Wednesday.

II today! Hope it's not an April Fool's Joke. I was on the waitlist for an interview since 10/6/15. Very surprising. I already had my personal statement written for the next cycle! I interview 4/20/16.

Reactions: 5 users
II today! Hope it's not an April Fool's Joke. I was on the waitlist for an interview since 10/6/15. Very surprising. I already had my personal statement written for the next cycle! I interview 4/20/16.
<<4/20 joke goes here>>

Good luck!!

Good luck and don't be nervous, my interviewers were very nice.

Funny, right? April Fools and 420... Maybe it's meant to be.
Maybe! But for real, congrats. The interview is pretty stress-free and nothing to fret about. If you have any particular questions, feel free to drop me a message bout it.

Are interview invites sent via email?
From what I understand they usually are, but I've heard of a couple people on this thread who never saw an email, and instead only saw a portal change for their II. Their email could've gone to spam though who knows.

The rumor is that it's about a 60-75% acceptance rate, i thiiiink

Guess we're not hearing back till next week :(

For those recently got interview invitations, do you mind sharing your stats?? Just wondering if they've gotten to people with a 28 MCAT yet :)

For those recently got interview invitations, do you mind sharing your stats?? Just wondering if they've gotten to people with a 28 MCAT yet :)
@Jessicabpc. I received an interview invite yesterday. I have an MCAT score of 507 (29/30 equivalent). sGPA 3.2. Overall GPA 3.2. Post-bacc GPA 3.82. Non-trad w/ 5 years clinical experience and strong research.

I've still been checking. Haven't seen any updates. Have u guys heard anything?

Would anyone mind sharing which rotation site they were assigned and why they chose it? Thanks!