Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any current students floating around that could lend any insight as to what orientation is like?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys recommend taking anything with you to the interview?
Also, @Mavs88 , do you mind sharing your stats?
You don't need to bring anything. They have coffee, water, snacks set up in the morning. They also give you an information packet and a water bottle. If you have a suitcase or any luggage to store they also have a storage closet. The interview today tour wasn't too long either, so I wouldn't worry about bringing flats or walking shoes. You should be fine in your heels. Jut relax and have fun! The faculty and students are all really nice during the day :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You don't need to bring anything. They have coffee, water, snacks set up in the morning. They also give you an information packet and a water bottle. If you have a suitcase or any luggage to store they also have a storage closet. The interview today tour wasn't too long either, so I wouldn't worry about bringing flats or walking shoes. You should be fine in your heels. Jut relax and have fun! The faculty and students are all really nice during the day :)
But at night.....

What is the last day they offer interviews at this school? I am on the interview waitlist and want to know if I should proceed with my plan B now...

Thanks for any information.

What is the last day they offer interviews at this school? I am on the interview waitlist and want to know if I should proceed with my plan B now...

Maybe others can chime in, but you should definitely start your plan B if you haven't yet. Typically, no MD interview by Dec warrants finding and committing to a plan B, and I'm assuming its the same for DO, although maybe a little later (Feb/Mar).

If your plan b is to improve for next year, I would get on it. Worst case, you do something you didn't have to. If you wait, you could end up posting this again in a year.

Any current students floating around that could lend any insight as to what orientation is like?

Current MSI. 3 days of lectures, pictures and general info. They talk to you about being a professional student and how to represent the school, testing policies, academic honor code, etc. You get your picture taken for your IDs so dress appropriately, you get introduced to your course faculty, and school staff. We received stethoscopes as gifts from the school but I'm not sure if that's a yearly thing. You get a chance to go to the bookstore for their sale on equipment you'll need for the year as well as books for the quarter.

Pretty much what you'd expect from orientation

Reactions: 3 users
Current MSI. 3 days of lectures, pictures and general info. They talk to you about being a professional student and how to represent the school, testing policies, academic honor code, etc. You get your picture taken for your IDs so dress appropriately, you get introduced to your course faculty, and school staff. We received stethoscopes as gifts from the school but I'm not sure if that's a yearly thing. You get a chance to go to the bookstore for their sale on equipment you'll need for the year as well as books for the quarter.

Pretty much what you'd expect from orientation
Thank you so much for the insight! I figured it was this kind of thing but figured may as well ask.

Last day of interviews - good luck to everyone!
The waiting game is on tho..

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the next committee meeting is?

Last day of interviews - good luck to everyone!
The waiting game is on tho..

Do you mean the last day for an interview invitation? Or today is the last day interviews are being conducted?? I was still hoping I had a chance for an ii :/

I believe this week is the last week of interview is what he meant...? However, I've heard they interviewed all the way to May last year.

I believe this week is the last week of interview is what he meant...? However, I've heard they interviewed all the way to May last year.

Hmm. I actually interviewed there last year on May 8th, and was placed on the alternate list. My ii came on 4/23/15, so that's why I was thinking the last round of invitations would be going out this week! You would think if I got an ii last year, then improved my app and applied earlier, that I'd get an ii this year, right?!

So basically I find out 2 days before I'm suppose to re-take the MCAT...haha

Also they told me the committee will be meeting next on Wednesday the 4th, so I assume we should hear back by the end of next week.

Anyone accepted early April get their snail mail acceptance letter yet?

Current M1 here. For those of you on the waitlist, we had about 5 people in our class pulled off the waitlist the week before orientation. So, dont give up hope! Let me know if any of you have questions!

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my acceptance, good luck to those on the waitlist! AZCOM seems like a really great school.

For a second I thought you were saying interview results from the last interview group were out

I loved this school at my interview, hope it works out but it's hard to stomach that tuition..

Reactions: 3 users
Yes you can see if you're wait listed. If you see updated applicant checklist with missing bachelor degree, then you're wait listed. If you see accepted checklist, you're in. This is in the same portal where you schedule interview.

Yes you can see if you're wait listed. If you see updated applicant checklist with missing bachelor degree, then you're wait listed. If you see accepted checklist, you're in. This is in the same portal where you schedule interview.

Thank you! Really bummed that bachelor degree is missing :( I really thought I had it.

If you see nothing right now, it may not mean anything. Earlier in the cycle, someone asked them and was told that the admissions counselor a individually put decisions into the system, so some people found out across 2 days from when decisions were made.

Thank you! Really bummed that bachelor degree is missing :( I really thought I had it.

Sorry, I should clarify it better. If your bachelor degree shows up on the applicant checklist but shown with red X mark that it hasn't been received then it is wait-list. However, if you don't see the requirement of bachelor degree at all, then your portal probably haven't update yet. I hope it is the latter for you.

I shouldn't have said "missing" but rather not received with a red x mark.

Same here. Alternate List. I thought my interview went really well. Hopefully there will be some movement soon.

Interviewed on april 19, still don't see an update in my portal (accepted student checklist or applicant checklist) hopefully by tomorrow, then!

Accepted today off the alternate list!! This is surreal! :D

Reactions: 13 users
How did you find out?!?
I got an email, and then went into my portal and saw I had access to the accepted students checklist. If AZCOM is your top choice, sending a LOI I feel like really helped me out! Still waiting on my snail mail packet though.

I got an email, and then went into my portal and saw I had access to the accepted students checklist. If AZCOM is your top choice, sending a LOI I feel like really helped me out! Still waiting on my snail mail packet though.
Took mine 3 and a half weeks to get here, so dooooont hold your breath haha

Same, mine took 3 weeks to get here. It also wasn't a packet, it was a letter stating exactly what was found on the portal. I received it after my deadline to accept the offer lol

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, what is the tuition for 2016? I'm applying for loans and Cost of Living (including tuition) seems to be $83K per year, so it comes to $332K (ouch) due at graduation. I was just wondering how are you tackling this?

Hey everyone, what is the tuition for 2016? I'm applying for loans and Cost of Living (including tuition) seems to be $83K per year, so it comes to $332K (ouch) due at graduation. I was just wondering how are you tackling this?
I applied for and was awarded the HPSP through the Navy. That's how I'm going about handling this.

Congratulations! When did you interview?/Was it the last week of interviews they had in April?
Thank you! I actually interviewed at the end of March, and sent in a LOI not too long after I found out I was placed on the alt list.