Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i also read something that admissions from azcom and ccom don't give interviews to people roughly below their respective median MCAT (29 and 29.5) until january. of course, they have to have some people matriculating with less than that.
median means 50% isblower than that lol

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
With II's already going out, Is it bad if my AACOMAS this isn't verified? I probably wont be verified until early august, and this school seems to do their IIs really early? :dead:

Don't worry, you're still in good shape. Take a look at the thread last year and you'll see people getting accepted at a seemingly constant rate all the way through may.

Reactions: 1 user
Which hotel do you guys recommend?

I booked for Days Hotel Peoria-Glendale...10 minutes from campus and pretty cheap, good reviews as well.

I can only speak of the place I stayed at that day:

Quality Inn & Suites at Talavi
5511 W Bell Rd
Glendale AZ 85308
(602) 896-8900

Pretty standard and went for a little less than $70 a night. Got a discount bc of MWU I believe. Had free breakfast and there was a swimming pool for cooling off after the interview lol. I think internet cost a bit extra. It is about 2.6 miles from campus.

Reviews like 2.5-3.5 stars I'm very low maintenance and thought it was fine lol. I really only was there for sleep and the air conditioning was good.

IIRC, it was across the street from an LA fitness and in the middle of a bunch of restaurants. Arrowhead Mall is 10 minutes away.

Anyone know how we can submit our LOR to the schools CCOM/AZCOM specifically instead of through AACOMAS? Im using interfolio.

Anyone know how we can submit our LOR to the schools CCOM/AZCOM specifically instead of through AACOMAS? Im using interfolio.
go to create a new delivery in interfolio...search for chicago college of osteopathic medicine or arizona college of osteopathic medicine.

Kind of dumb question! But if I submitted the bare minimum of letters (2) would it be kind of frowned upon if I sent two more?

I don't think the first two are bad letters, but I know the two I didn't send are really strong (they both told me after they submitted, but lagged so I had submitted early for the sake of submitting early)

I was just wondering if anyone knows if you're able to send additional letters! :)

I personally wouldn't sweat it. With the AACOMAS app, you cant differentiate which schools get which letters if I understand it correctly so a good portion of the app. pool is already probably sending them too many letters as is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Won't be verified until late August, hoping for an II. At least I'm a GCU student so there are seats saved for us poor souls. Good luck everyone getting II's! I'm ready for this whole process to get rolling!

Any Canadians invited for an interview yet?

Also, does anyone know, how many applicants there are for each interview day? This is my first interview EVER! (lol) so should I expect 50 students there or like ~15... just trying to get a sense of how much I should be panicking haha

Any Canadians invited for an interview yet?

Also, does anyone know, how many applicants there are for each interview day? This is my first interview EVER! (lol) so should I expect 50 students there or like ~15... just trying to get a sense of how much I should be panicking haha

DONT PANIC! Chillest interview I ever had. They had about 30 students at mine, but the numbers fluctuate I heard. Check out the interview feedback for more info.

DONT PANIC! Chillest interview I ever had. They had about 30 students at mine, but the numbers fluctuate I heard. Check out the interview feedback for more info.

what do you mean it is chill. i thought it was a 3 person panel for each interviewee. doesn't sound chill to me.

what do you mean it is chill. i thought it was a 3 person panel for each interviewee. doesn't sound chill to me.

Well, yea but interview wise it is pretty standard. No tricky MMI booths, group interviewers or acting required. Just 30 minutes of answering: why med, why do, why this school etc.

At my ATSU-SOMA interview, they had us form groups of six and work together to design and present a clinic for a rural community. We had to play with blocks and draw on the whiteboard lol. I mean, I didn't mind but is that really necessary? That's not including the 3 acting MMI stations and the standard 40 minute panel interview afterwards.

You might be right. If the 3 person panel brutally interrogates you, than it might not be chill...

Well, yea but interview wise it is pretty standard. No tricky MMI booths, group interviewers or acting required. Just 30 minutes of answering: why med, why do, why this school etc.

At my ATSU-SOMA interview, they had us form groups of six and work together to design and present a clinic for a rural community. We had to play with blocks and draw on the whiteboard lol. I mean, I didn't mind but is that really necessary? That's not including the 3 acting MMI stations and the standard 40 minute panel interview afterwards.

atsu soma sounds like a nightmare

Reactions: 2 users

This sounds so unnecessary.

This sounds so unnecessary.

it sounds like an interview for a film school not a med school, I believe my fellow youtuber will easily out perform me.

Just submitted the secondary!

You might be right. If the 3 person panel brutally interrogates you, than it might not be chill...
It's not that bad. I've been on both sides when I was interviewing, then as an interviewer in my MS3-MS4 years. As the interviewee, I was nervous as hell. The ethical questions can be difficult, but give a decently thought out answer and you will be fine. As the interviewer, we are looking for mature students who understand what they are undertaking by deciding to go to medical school.

Wait, a student told me that its a 5 or 6 man interview panel or was for them.

Are they pulling my leg or is it really 6 people interviewing you at the same time?

Wait, a student told me that its a 5 or 6 man interview panel or was for them.

Are they pulling my leg or is it really 6 people interviewing you at the same time?

It's a 3 person panel -- the rooms are not big enough for more than 3 -4 people!

They sent an email with a link to schedule. (29 MCAT, 3.8 gpa's)

Cool, thanks for the info! I'm STILL waiting for them to upload my letters but hopefully I'll be right behind you with an interview. Congrats again !!

II today when I checked the portal. No email as well. 3.6+, OOS, 30.

Does anyone know what the chances of getting an interview are after you've been waitlisted for an interview?

How long after being verified did you all wait before getting a secondary/supplemental invite?

Hi everyone,

I booked my interview for September! Does anyone know if there are medical students who would host us for a night? I would greatly prefer that to a hotel.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Friend of mine just got an II this morning ~4 days after submitting. He had a 3.7 and 35 though :eek:. Anyone know if they review apps on weekends?

Friend of mine just got an II this morning ~4 days after submitting. He had a 3.7 and 35 though :eek:. Anyone know if they review apps on weekends?
probably outsourced to India

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if there is any way we can change the info in our secondaries after we submitted it? Thanks

26 mcat with 3.95 GPA and 3.96sGPA with lots of ec and DO shadowing, Any chances?
A lot of people in the previous year's thread mentioned that those with MCAT scores of <29 were not given interviews until later on in the cycle, like January-late... so yeah, I think you have a shot, but I wouldn't hold out hope for an early interview.
But then again, who knows!? Not all the applicants mention their II's or acceptances on SDN, and it's a new cycle and your GPA is stellar and students with MCAT score lower than yours have definitely been given interviews here before!
So, go for it!

Does anyone with a II have a MCAT lower than 29? Goro always says they won't interview below that...or something along those lines.

I have an interview 8/31. cGPA 3.97, sGPA 4.0, MCAT 507