Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have to catch a flight right after my interview, so I'll be carrying a small bag with me. Is there a place to keep our suitcases/bags somewhere when we come in for the interview or do we just carry it around everywhere?

I have to catch a flight right after my interview, so I'll be carrying a small bag with me. Is there a place to keep our suitcases/bags somewhere when we come in for the interview or do we just carry it around everywhere?
What day is your interview and what airport and flight time? I'm renting a car so looking for someone to share the costs with. They are damn expensive :( but I need to fly back asap. I'll be driving to the airport right after the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know when the earliest acceptances come out from here?

Anybody know when the earliest acceptances come out from here?

Interviews look like they are a couple weeks earlier this year, but in prior years as short as four days post-interview.

If someone who interviewed 8/21 could reply they might have a better idea.

Reactions: 1 user

i'm in the same boat. Will be there Monday 8/24 but from what I heard, it's generally common for admissions to store luggage for you. Hopefully that'll be the case!

What day is your interview and what airport and flight time? I'm renting a car so looking for someone to share the costs with. They are damn expensive :( but I need to fly back asap. I'll be driving to the airport right after the interview.
it's on Tuesday this week (8/25)... and my flight's at 4:30ish pm at Sky Harbour airport. Does that match to yours?

Good luck to those interviewing this week!

Reactions: 1 users
anyone receive an interview complete after august 5th?

Last edited:
Got grilled. Very intense interview. Heat was unbearable. So glad to be flying back to east coast.

Members don't see this ad :)
Updated response - for people interviewing 8/21 through 8/31, probably 9/4.
Got grilled. Very intense interview. Heat was unbearable. So glad to be flying back to east coast.

I'm guessing you guys just had your interviews? I hope they went well!

Would you mind giving any feedback regarding the interview? Were the questions similar to the one's posted in the interview feedback section? Seems like they like to ask fairly standard questions (why medicine, why do, why azcom), some application specific questions, and an ethical dilemma question. Was that how yours went?

Enter_and_escape, sorry to hear you got grilled, I'm sure they were doing it intentionally to see how you handled the pressure and its not necessarily a bad thing for you. Do you mind elaborating?

Can you elaborate a little? Did they give you really tough questions? We're they unfriendly it even challenging? What made it so intense?

Can you elaborate a little? Did they give you really tough questions? We're they unfriendly it even challenging? What made it so intense?
I can't get to the specific questions asked. It all depends on which panel you get. Some had fairly standard questions and had an easy panel. I got twisted versions of standard questions. They picked on some of my answers. The fact that I got a headache before the interview because of the heat (east coast people beware) doesn't help.

hold pre-interview with scGPA 3.53, no-scGPA 3.91, cumulativeGPA 3.69, MCAT 504. Good luck with interviews everyone!

hold pre-interview with scGPA 3.53, no-scGPA 3.91, cumulativeGPA 3.69, MCAT 504. Good luck with interviews everyone!
This may have been answered previously.... Did they notify you of your pre-interview hold? Or did you ask?

Question 1: How will you afford tuition at AZCOM? :flame::help::boom:

Anybody know the approximate percentage of interviewees that get in?

Yes, thank you - MWU was very accommodating and friendly.

Congratulations on your interview. I'm having mine tomorrow. Did any of the questions throw you off?

Congratulations on your interview. I'm having mine tomorrow. Did any of the questions throw you off?

I don't plan on discussing any specifics of my interviews, but the SDN interview feedback section is a good resource.

Best of luck.

I am suprised to see AZ doesn't require motorcyclist to wear helmet. No wonder Barrow Institute is the largest neurosurgery center in the country.

I am suprised to see AZ doesn't require motorcyclist to wear helmet. No wonder Barrow Institute is the largest neurosurgery center in the country.

The majority of states don't require it for adult riders.

This may have been answered previously.... Did they notify you of your pre-interview hold? Or did you ask?
Yes I received an email from the school with this information

I've been complete since 7/31, when is a good time to get worried? AZCOM seems to be turning these apps around so fast

I'm wondering that as well. I was complete 7/28 and still nothing

Apparently our applications are reviewed by a general admissions committee and then given to a DO specific committee. I called today and was told mine was passed along to the second committee. Anyone know how much longer I can expect to wait? It'll be a month on Friday since I submitted my secondary

I'm afraid I cannot offer much reassurance, except to say that until you are formally rejected you have to assume you are still under consideration. I turned in my secondary on 8/5, complete on 8/7, II on 8/12. 3.49c/513.

Got an II early this morning while I slept!

II this morning! Complete 8/14, cGPA=3.57, sGPA=3.64, MCAT=31

Can someone please post the prompts for the secondary?

Can someone please post the prompts for the secondary?
1. List any relatives who are osteopathic physicians.

2. Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

3. Why should AZCOM accept you into this year's class?

Hi guys I have an interview on the 16th, if anyone wants to split transportation costs let me know!

Hi guys I have an interview on the 16th, if anyone wants to split transportation costs let me know!
I'll be there the 16th. Was planning on staying at the Drury Inn and using their shuttle. Are you going to airport straight from interview?

Apparently our applications are reviewed by a general admissions committee and then given to a DO specific committee. I called today and was told mine was passed along to the second committee. Anyone know how much longer I can expect to wait? It'll be a month on Friday since I submitted my secondary

I'm afraid I cannot offer much reassurance, except to say that until you are formally rejected you have to assume you are still under consideration. I turned in my secondary on 8/5, complete on 8/7, II on 8/12. 3.49c/513.

Same here I've been complete since 7/31

1. List any relatives who are osteopathic physicians.

2. Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

3. Why should AZCOM accept you into this year's class?
Thank you but what is the character count?

I'll be there the 16th. Was planning on staying at the Drury Inn and using their shuttle. Are you going to airport straight from interview?

Yeah I'm headed right back to Phoenix Airport after the interview!

Interviewing tomorrow morning

Just made an account, but logged on and saw II last week (never received email, just happened to check the page and saw it). Anyway, headed down 9/21, stats are 3.67/35/OOS.

Just made an account, but logged on and saw II last week (never received email, just happened to check the page and saw it). Anyway, headed down 9/21, stats are 3.67/35/OOS.
I had the same experience. No email, just portal