Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed August 28th and was specifically told NOT TO CALL before 3 weeks b/c they only send files to committee at the end of the month.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed recently, they said we should hear back in 2-3 weeks.
I interviewed August 28th and was specifically told NOT TO CALL before 3 weeks b/c they only send files to committee at the end of the month.

Strange, my group was told that the committee would meet sometime shortly after the last interview day of this batch (which would've been yesterday's group), and that we could expect to hear something at some point during this week... maybe today, maybe Friday. They did not seem to think it would take 3 weeks.

I believe Cawolf was told something similar, he interviewed on a day slightly before me I believe.

Strange, my group was told that the committee would meet sometime shortly after the last interview day of this batch (which would've been yesterday's group), and that we could expect to hear something at some point during this week... maybe today, maybe Friday. They did not seem to think it would take 3 weeks.

I believe Cawolf was told something similar, he interviewed on a day slightly before me I believe.

Can vouch for this. If I recall correctly, my interview group was told a decision would be made either Monday or Thursday this week for the first block of interviewees.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with the above.

I was also told feel free to call early and ask - that they did not mind.

Confirming some of the above posts! When I interviewed on 8/24 they said to expect a decision after 2 weeks but that the committee might meet before then.

Not to add to the anxiety, but I also heard that decisions usually come up on the portal before the call.

Yeah, I was also told to call if we wanted to hear back sooner. I wouldn't though, don't wanna bother the adcoms, they'll call us anyways. (Same interview group as your @Cawolf ).

Waiting patiently, should be two weeks soon!

Did any earlier interview dates hear back or anything yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I was also told to call if we wanted to hear back sooner. I wouldn't though, don't wanna bother the adcoms, they'll call us anyways. (Same interview group as your @Cawolf ).

Waiting patiently, should be two weeks soon!

Did any earlier interview dates hear back or anything yet?

Maybe someone will call and find out they made decisions but have not posted them yet. :)

if we get a call for acceptance from any school, what do we say? "wow, thanks"? i don't really understand these calls besides making it awkward for the acceptees.

if we get a call for acceptance from any school, what do we say? "wow, thanks"? i don't really understand these calls besides making it awkward for the acceptees.

How about being grateful or thankful? Why would it be awkward?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I'm pretty sure its an informational call. Be happy, be grateful and then listen to their instructions on how to move forward. I'm pretty sure the intent of the call is to explain the deposit/acceptance system.

I'm getting very anxious about this post interview decision....

Reactions: 1 users
I will be interviewing here soon. Can anyone who has interviewed give me some words of advice? What should I do to get ready? Thanks!

So since no call yesterday, I'm assuming they will meet tomorrow and let us know by Friday? The suspense is killing me!!

So since no call yesterday, I'm assuming they will meet tomorrow and let us know by Friday? The suspense is killing me!!
Suspense is killing me too!!! I thought we'd know by now and I was the first interview date almost 2 weeks ago

I wouldn't necessarily expect a call as soon as a decision has been made. In threads from previous years, it seems that that first thing will be that the portal has been updated, and additional information will be available under the "accepted students checklist" tab. A call is likely to come a day or two after the portal change based on previous years. Essentially, everyone should be neurotically checking the portal, as I have been doing.

Also, the fact that AZCOM seems to do business (such as sending my II email) in the middle of the night leads me to believe that the portal update could happen at any time.

Reactions: 2 users
Only a well versed, thoroughly neurotic pre-Med actually plans the acceptance call. Your in the right place tennerd. Hang in there!

@TheoryOfEverything

Well I did check the portal "for the last time today" earlier, and now. . . :penguin:
I've only been checking this thread every once in a while because it is easier and I know one of you will tell me when to check the portal

Only a well versed, thoroughly neurotic pre-Med actually plans the acceptance call. Your in the right place tennerd. Hang in there!

i hope that is a good thing and characteristic of a successful medical student/doctor because all it's giving me right now is sweaty hands.

My interview was last week and they told us something similar....will start reviewing applications once this first round of interviews is over and then we will hear in 2-3 weeks from them. I'm guessing that's an overshot, since others have said they were told decisions would be made sooner and maybe the portal could give us hints.

Has anyone called and asked admissions?

Not it! Maybe someone there is reading this :p

I would but my cell service is bordering on nonexistent and I'm confident the call would fail. I seriously doubt there is any harm in saying "hi I was just wondering if you knew when the committee was planning on meeting or releasing decisions"

Cawolf, I think you are the only man brave enough to make the call, it's up to you!

Haha, no I will just wait it out. :)

Fair enough. But isn't there an old saying that goes "the need for instant gratification is a virtue, patience is not"?

I think that's how the saying goes, I've only read it about 500 different times though so I could have it backwards

@Cawolf , looks like I didn't have to be all that patient anyway........ Accepted student checklist is now showing for me!

So pumped, I can't believe it.

Reactions: 3 users
Anybody that interviewed this last Monday see the checklist?

Anybody that interviewed this last Monday see the checklist?

Just a heads up, based on previous threads, the checklist seemed to appear in a fairly random order that wasn't based on when people interviewed. So, even if you interviewed early and don't see the checklist, that doesn't mean you're not accepted.

@Mavs88, I interviewed on the 26th.

accepted too. so, when are ganna get called for this?

I'm in! Going to medschool fo sho

Does this place do silent rejections? I wonder bc i didnt get the accepted check list. Interviewed on one of the first few days. Also, will they notify us if we're waitlisted?

Edited: called and was told there would be a meeting tomorrow and my status just says "interviewed". I'm confused though as those with later dates have gotten accepted.
where does it say this status? on the portal?

Does this place do silent rejections? I wonder bc i didnt get the accepted check list. Interviewed on one of the first few days. Also, will they notify us if we're waitlisted?

Edited: called and was told there would be a meeting tomorrow and my status just says "interviewed". I'm confused though as those with later dates have gotten accepted.

In the same boat. Interviewed 8/24 and haven't heard back. Where can you check the status on the page? I don't see a link for that

I have the checklist too! First Acceptance (At least I hope this is what it means, because otherwise I'm gonna be super bummed out. I'm just gonna wait on the call before I go tell my family lol)

Interviewed on 8/24.

Goodluck to everyone else!

where does it say this status? on the portal?

After you login, on the left side it says "Post Accepted" --> Accepted Student Checklist.

It changed from something that says "Only accepted students can see the checklist" to a different page with random things.

I'm wondering the same. I interviewed on the 24th.

Is anyone else like me and preparing themselves for the worst?

does anyone else have bachelor degree needed even though you have already sent in the final verified transcript (i graduated undergrad 1 year ago).

does anyone else have bachelor degree needed even though you have already sent in the final verified transcript (i graduated undergrad 1 year ago).

Are you referring to the one you sent AACOMAS? Doesn't count. I think you have to send directly from your undergraduate university to AZCOM.

Also, I can't click the matriculation agreement. It says "Your information is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow." Anyone else who can see their checklist getting this? I'm gonna wait before I get too excited.