Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I do! Ok, so as I understand it, once you receive an acceptance you have a certain time period to accept, correct? And then you must also put down a deposit? How does this work out if you end up deciding to attend a different school - is the money lost? Thanks in advance for your help!
yep. The deposit is put down and you reserve your spot. You forfeit your spot, you forfeit your money.

Members don't see this ad.

yep. The deposit is put down and you reserve your spot. You forfeit your spot, you forfeit your money.
Ok, and how long do you have to do decide with AZCOM? Is every school typically the same amount of time?

Ok, and how long do you have to do decide with AZCOM? Is every school typically the same amount of time?
I am not sure about AZCOM or if they have you put a deposit down. LECOM says you have 30 days. They should tell you all of that info at the interview. congrats on the II btw

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am not sure about AZCOM or if they have you put a deposit down. LECOM says you have 30 days. They should tell you all of that info at the interview. congrats on the II btw
Hey thanks! I'll be in Phoenix tomorrow, interviewing Thursday... it's my first one and so I'm pretty nervous. Good luck to everyone else, hope to meet some of you soon! This seems like such an awesome school; I have only heard good things about it =)

Accepted via portal!!! First acceptance!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted student checklist appeared - I think that means I was accepted...dear God I hope it's not a mistake

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted student checklist appeared - I think that means I was accepted...dear God I hope it's not a mistake

If you have the checklist, you are accepted.

I have the checklist but nothings inside it. A friend got accepted and she had an option to "accept offer" in hers

IF you have the accepted student checklist available to you, you are in! Period!

Members don't see this ad :)
Was taken off hold and offered an II! Woooo!!

Was taken off hold and offered an II! Woooo!!

Wow congrats! This means they're constantly reevaluating applicants on the waitlist. When were you put on hold? And did they send you an email for the II?

Wow congrats! This means they're constantly reevaluating applicants on the waitlist. When were you put on hold? And did they send you an email for the II?
I was waitlisted on 9/1 and got the interview at 3am lol

Reactions: 2 users
I was just accepted. Wow. That was fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACCEPTED! I'm going to be a doctor!!!

Reactions: 5 users
For those accepted, when did you interview? It seems like they have a pretty quick turnaround, is this very typical for DO schools?

Accepted!!! Interviewed 9/26.

Reactions: 5 users
For those of you who have the "Accepted Student Checklist" is there an option to accept admission or is the page blank when you click on the link?

On Wed the Accepted Student Checklist popped up on my portal. When I clicked on the 'Matriculation Agreement' and 'Technical Standards' links they said my info was being processed and to check the next day. Checked next day and was given option to accept admission.

Who is awake and ready to interview?! See you there :D

Does anyone know where I can find the 2016 match list? Tried searching but no luck

Does the checklist page actually have content? or is it just a blank page?

Last edited:
Anyone copy/paste the secondary from CCOM to AZCOM? Or did you guys completely rewrite? Planning to submit today!

Anyone copy/paste the secondary from CCOM to AZCOM? Or did you guys completely rewrite? Planning to submit today!

I basically copied and pasted. Two different admissions offices so they don't see your app for the other school.

Hey guys! Congrats on the acceptance! Don't forget to join the Facebook page: MWU- Glendale DO Class of 2020!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewees get accepted?

Thank you! I just rescheduled my interview to 10/28 and I'm pumped!!!

Congrats! How were you able to reschedule it? I just looked and there are still only spaces the first week of December. That's so far out it worries me!

Will be there as well on the 28.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

I'll see you there!!

Congrats! How were you able to reschedule it? I just looked and there are still only spaces the first week of December. That's so far out it worries me!

I was originally scheduled for 12/7 but I was worried about how late that was so I periodically checked on the portal for open dates and I saw 10/28 open so I took it.

I'll see you there!!

I was originally scheduled for 12/7 but I was worried about how late that was so I periodically checked on the portal for open dates and I saw 10/28 open so I took it.
Ah, I see! Thanks, I didn't even think to do that, I'll keep checking then! Would much rather go sooner than later as well.

I'll see you there!!

bruhhhhhhh that is so smart

I know that this school does not have mandatory attendance, but what percentage of the classes are mandatory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just found out that the "Accepted Student Checklist" is filled with things like "matriculation agreement, technical standards form.......". Is it too early to celebrate? I interviewed 0n 09/28.

I have the checklist option on the left, but when I click on it, it's blank...does anyone know what this means? WL?

When did you interview? I interviewed on 9/28 and before today I only a blank page when I clicked on the Checklist. Today there's a list of things under the checklist. They may not have gotten to your profile yet
9/29! I think that's probably the reason, I just have to wait longer! :)