Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed 10/3 and was accepted a week or so ago.
How did you get the news? Was an email sent?

Members don't see this ad.

Does AZCOM send any information about the interview beforehand? I have mine next week and have heard nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
What info are you looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I guess I was wondering if they sent another confirmation before the date since I received the II almost 2 months ago. Oh well, I will trust they know I am coming or surprise them if they don't! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Woo-hoo!! Randomly checked my student portal today, and I found an invitation to interview! I'll be going to Glendale for the Dec. 6th interview date :) Anyone else here interviewing that day?

I got San Diego as my rotation site!! Awesome

Withdrawing acceptance, good luck everyone.

Who else is interviewing 10/25?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview just opened up for 10/26, morning. I just withdrew my application and cancelled my interview for that day. I hope someone can snag the spot. Best of luck to everyone, I hear it is a good school!

First II! Its been a long wait.

Reactions: 4 users
I hate to be that person, but is there a Facebook page up for 2016-2017 class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interview just opened up for 10/26, morning. I just withdrew my application and cancelled my interview for that day. I hope someone can snag the spot. Best of luck to everyone, I hear it is a good school!

Pretty sure I got your interview spot. I received an invite 2 days ago and scheduled last night! I can't wait to see you guys there, super excited.

For those who have seen the clinical rotation list for 3/4 year, is there somewhere where I can find the exact locations in addition to the cities? Thanks!!

I'm interviewing here at the end of the week and I am really excited about it. It will be my first interview! Can anyone comment on the atmosphere of the interviews here?

I'm interviewing here at the end of the week and I am really excited about it. It will be my first interview! Can anyone comment on the atmosphere of the interviews here?

Recently interviewed here, there were other programs interviewing the same day. We all were mixed together while waiting for the day to start, there was a med student or two walking around for a bit and answering questions. At 8, they called the DO interviewees into a separate room, we got two presentations, were divided into our two groups, one went on the tour, one group stayed back and interviewed. I think waiting for the interview is probably the hardest part, my waiting area was pretty silent/unnerving. The interview itself was pretty laid back for me, I heard others got grilled a little harder - so I think that part is really up to who's interviewing you. They then took us to the OMM presentation, sim lab, it was pretty standard. Lunch was provided, but optional - no faculty/students really around to talk with, and your day's over at 1:30/2 if you stay for lunch. I think overall it was well organized/efficient but really tense while waiting to interview!

Recently interviewed here, there were other programs interviewing the same day. We all were mixed together while waiting for the day to start, there was a med student or two walking around for a bit and answering questions. At 8, they called the DO interviewees into a separate room, we got two presentations, were divided into our two groups, one went on the tour, one group stayed back and interviewed. I think waiting for the interview is probably the hardest part, my waiting area was pretty silent/unnerving. The interview itself was pretty laid back for me, I heard others got grilled a little harder - so I think that part is really up to who's interviewing you. They then took us to the OMM presentation, sim lab, it was pretty standard. Lunch was provided, but optional - no faculty/students really around to talk with, and your day's over at 1:30/2 if you stay for lunch. I think overall it was well organized/efficient but really tense while waiting to interview!

Thank you for your response! It sounds like a fun and informative interview day. I am certainly not looking forward to a silent interview waiting room but other than that it sounds like a good day. I'll just have to make sure that I know my app cold and hope for a nice panel. Thanks again and I hope you get good news soon!

Thank you for your response! It sounds like a fun and informative interview day. I am certainly not looking forward to a silent interview waiting room but other than that it sounds like a good day. I'll just have to make sure that I know my app cold and hope for a nice panel. Thanks again and I hope you get good news soon!

Thanks dude, same to you! I'd definitely check out the Interview Feedback thing, the people who did say they got ethics questions/got grilled on 'em said their questions closely resembled those found on the feedback page.

AZCOM has a big basketball and ping pong playing population if anyone is interested!

Just a heads up if you haven't heard anything back about II, I would check the portal. I never received an email that I was invited to interview. My portal had changed to let me schedule.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone wanna share their interview experience and some general questions that were asked or anything out of left field?

Thanks dude, same to you! I'd definitely check out the Interview Feedback thing, the people who did say they got ethics questions/got grilled on 'em said their questions closely resembled those found on the feedback page.
Where can we find the interview feedback page?

There's a tab at the top of the page marked "Interview Feedback"! Also, anyone else interviewing 10/25?

Got the rotation sites email. Any current students have any knowledge to offer? How are you guys ranking them? What are you taking into consideration?

I would love a place that will have excellent opportunities for surgical specialties. I also would prefer more urbanized areas.

Hey guys! I've been trying to do some research on AZCOM, but I haven't had much luck. I want to be more informed when I go in for my interview, so does anyone have any resources they would be willing to share with me other than the Midwestern website?

Hey guys! I've been trying to do some research on AZCOM, but I haven't had much luck. I want to be more informed when I go in for my interview, so does anyone have any resources they would be willing to share with me other than the Midwestern website?
You can PM if you would like. I just interviewed on Monday.

I honestly just had down a few of the basics. They give you a presentation right before the first group of interviews - that had more info than anything I found on the website. I think you should have down the basics (whatevever you can get off the website), but also jot down a few notes while they're presenting since that's a better/more detailed overview of the program (or that's what I did).

Got the rotation sites email. Any current students have any knowledge to offer? How are you guys ranking them? What are you taking into consideration?

I would love a place that will have excellent opportunities for surgical specialties. I also would prefer more urbanized areas.

Specifically, I'm interested in living in San Diego and Chicago. How would these places compare for surgical rotations? Is it just throwing a dart in the ocean?

Interviewed here this past Monday! Interview was with 3 people (combination of professors, D.O/M.D, admissions personnel), 20 minutes, rapid-fire questioning. Pretty relaxed, I would recommend to prepare by checking out the SDN's interview feedback questions!

I was really impressed with the school, they mentioned multiple times about their "open-door policy" which I found really encouraging to hear not only from professors but also from my friends who go to school there. They got a lot of service/research opportunities and something I didn't know was the OMM scholars programs where you take a 5th year and teach OMM/anatomy. The trade-off is that your 3rd/4th year tuition is paid for and they giving you a monthly stipend! I found it interesting since next year's tuition is gonna be about 63K lol

Interviewed Monday and accepted this AM via Accepted Students Checklist.

If anyone has any questions about the Interview, feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed yesterday and received access to the accepted student check list today. Called admission to confirm and I'm accepted!! First one of the cycle :soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed Monday, accepted through the check list!:soexcited:

congrats on the acceptances! you guys better leave a spot open for me in December :p

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed Monday and accepted according to the check list.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! 2 day turnaround has to be a record for a medical school haha

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on the acceptances, guys! Anyone from earlier than Monday hear back? I interviewed last week, and am officially freaking out o_O

Got a II! Earliest date is January. I am a little worried about being late in the cycle. Anybody who is going to withdraw their interview, feel free to shoot me a PM first. Thanks!

Do you need to complete the entire accepted checklist before you can pick the rotation site you would like?

Any use in submitting a secondary here at this point? 3.77 gpa, 507 MCAT

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Second year here! I'm assigned to Chicago for rotations. I can try to answer any questions you may have. Congrats to everyone accepted to far!

Got a II! Earliest date is January. I am a little worried about being late in the cycle. Anybody who is going to withdraw their interview, feel free to shoot me a PM first. Thanks!
Just keep checking the reschedule link, I was scheduled for December, moved it up last week to today :)