Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an interview on 9/23. Does anyone else have an interview on this date?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II on 9/26, was scheduled a month ago but just joining the party here!
OOS, 507 MCAT, 3.57 GPA.
Anyone want to practice interviewing? Let me know. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how much emphasis AZCOM puts on OMM? And if they do any community outreach stuff? I looked all over their website and couldn't find much.
Not much at all.. I was accepted even with very minimal DO and OMM exposure. Just be forth front about it and don't bs if you don't have those experience.

Completed secondary mid-July, still have not heard anything :( 67 LizzyM, OOS

I know it's a long while after you, but I was complete early August, and also haven't heard back. ~65ish LizzyM, also OOS. I think they might be sending out II's in batches. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. :confused:

I know it's a long while after you, but I was complete early August, and also haven't heard back. ~65ish LizzyM, also OOS. I think they might be sending out II's in batches. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. :confused:

Lol same mid July and haven't heard anything but I heard 508+ means most likely an interview. or at least that is what I'm telling myself

I am a reapplicant (applied in Nov last year) and was put on the pre-interview hold list last year. Just submitted my secondary yesterday and received a rejection email now 501 mcat 3.5 sci/cum gpa urm

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got my pre-interview hold :(

I'm pretty sad about it. But i gotta be hopeful!

II!! Secondary submitted 08/14. Received II via email that came in at 1AM on 08/19. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
II!! Secondary submitted 08/14. Received II via email that came in at 1AM on 08/19. :)
You got an email? Interesting. Everyone else's portal updated to allow interview schedule, but no email.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

II for late September! This is so exciting!
3.55 sGPA, 508 MCAT OOS- I'm surprised by how quickly they got back to me since I submitted 8/08.

Last edited:
So I read in last years thread pre II hold list gets re-visited around April/May of next year.

Damn that's really late into the cycle.

Does AZCOM give out scholarships to students? Tuition is expensive.

So I got put on an interview wait list. Is that the pre-II hold everyone is referring to? They said it should be looked upon as a positive thing but how many people on that status actually get interview invites? And when?

So I got put on an interview wait list. Is that the pre-II hold everyone is referring to? They said it should be looked upon as a positive thing but how many people on that status actually get interview invites? And when?

I think they look at their hold list in January? It was discussed earlier in this thread.

Pre-interview hold here as well. Dang this was one of my top choices and I really hoped my MCAT was going to carry me. 3.4/3.25/>510. I think my sGPA was a little too low.

Pre-interview hold here as well. Dang this was one of my top choices and I really hoped my MCAT was going to carry me. 3.4/3.25/>510. I think my sGPA was a little too low.

Same boat. 3.3/3.2/506 but strong ECs. Hopefully we get another look.

Reactions: 1 users
This is my first cycle. I honestly had no idea so many ppl with 70+ even 75+ LizzyM's applied to DO schools.

If I had a 4.0 35 I probably wouldn't even bother lol.

I just got an interview invite yesterday! 508 MCAT and 3.62 cGPA. If any of you also got interviews, please message me. I'd like to know how to prepare for interview for this school.:thinking:

Dang yall, I'm sitting over here with my 3.15 (after grade replacement) and 507 like :nailbiting:.

Reactions: 7 users
II today! No email. I had to check the portal.

Do lots of students get in who've been wait listed pre interview? :( I got the waitlist email today 3.93gpa 506 MCAT

This process is so random. I have 3.57 GPA and 507 MCAT an received II a week after my secondary submission. But it's been my only II so far. Keep your chin up! You have great stats for DO.

This process is so random. I have 3.57 GPA and 507 MCAT an received II a week after my secondary submission. But it's been my only II so far. Keep your chin up! You have great stats for DO.

So jealous! Thank you. I waited a month to hear back :(

Pre II hold as well :(
Does AZCOM send out pre II rejection or only pre-interview hold?

Pre II hold as well :(
Does AZCOM send out pre II rejection or only pre-interview hold?
want to know this as well. because from what I see so far from this thread, everyone that don't get an II gets put on the pre-II hold with the exception of 1 person above. being on hold with 600 other people doesn't seem all that great. I do understand that it is early though, so a hold is definitely better than 100% rejection. Can any current medical students at AZCOM tell us the percentage of the class that was initially on pre II hold and eventually get accepted? Although, I also understand this is probably difficult to know

Pre interview hold for me as well....bummed.... but its better than an outright rejection. uGPA 2.97 (6 years ago), grad GPA 3.76, MCAT 513.... who knows what will happen but best of luck to you all. Try not to stress too hard.

when did you guys submit because I have not heard back anything?

Just wondering, but does anybody know what % of students that AZCOM interviews are accepted?

Just wondering, but does anybody know what % of students that AZCOM interviews are accepted?

Previous year's threads have estimated between 70-75% of interviewees are ultimately offered acceptances.

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't see any space for a status on their portal. Am I just blind or did something change when you got an II?

There's an 'Interview Scheduling' tab on the left. If you click on it, a link to schedule your interview will appear if you have an invite.

Lol same mid July and haven't heard anything but I heard 508+ means most likely an interview. or at least that is what I'm telling myself

@Anxious Affect Have either of y'all heard back yet? I'm officially telling myself that they're going through more recently received secondaries then to earlier secondaries at this point, haha.

Right here!! So excited to meet ya'll on Friday, it's my first interview too so pretty nervous. Not as excited for the heat haha. It's crazy to think that all this work comes to this!!