Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete yesterday (514 MCAT & 3.3 GPA) and got my secondary today. From what I saw last year, they send secondaries to high MCAT applicants first (508+) and the rest come later. Scroll through last year's thread and watch the dates/MCAT combos.

Not necessarily, I got the secondary the day after submitting my primary. 506 3.66 cGPA. Many others have received secondaries with similar stats. The person you quoted should contact admissions.

Anyone who submitted there LOR's through AACOMAS how long did it take before AZCOM received them? All of my letters were submitted to accomas over a week ago, but the MWU portal still says LOR Expected.

On hold... and they don't even have music for me to listen to.

For those that interviewed, how is the interview day structured?

It was cool. They had a couple presenters. Then the interviewees were split into 2 groups. One group interviewed while the other took a campus tour. Then it flipped. Definitely a long wait if your name is at the end of the group. Afterwards, everyone got to see an OMM session and the sims labs. This was followed by lunch at the end of the day

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Also, we finished around 1 and we were free to go after lunch! The lunch was just cafeteria food...nothing too exciting.

omg I just looked at the forecast for next week.
funny,hot,weather-0a54e439125e6954702be2455e85ddbd_h.jpg
Our interview group got lucky--it was actually not too bad for us today. They kept telling us that it is monsoon season for them so the weather today was actually nice and mild. But of course they did keep saying that it normally isn't like that and it's usually pretty hot.

It was cool. They had a couple presenters. Then the interviewees were split into 2 groups. One group interviewed while the other took a campus tour. Then it flipped. Definitely a long wait if your name is at the end of the group. Afterwards, everyone got to see an OMM session and the sims labs. This was followed by lunch at the end of the day

appreciate it man! So it is just 1 one-on-one interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A panel actually. 3 interviewers to one applicant

I know you probably can't discuss the specifics, but how was the vibe of the interview? I know a couple of people who interviewed last year, and said it was intense/one of the more challenging interviews of the season. Definitely nervous for this one!

I know you probably can't discuss the specifics, but how was the vibe of the interview? I know a couple of people who interviewed last year, and said it was intense/one of the more challenging interviews of the season. Definitely nervous for this one!

I'm curious as well, I'll be there next friday... did they really grill you on anything?

I'm curious as well, I'll be there next friday... did they really grill you on anything?

I didn't get grilled on anything. I did get one question on a current emerging medical issue but nothing to in depth. Though, some in my group said they did have interviewers challenge them. Must depend on the interviewer.

Very helpful, thanks. Where my fellow 9/1's at?

I didn't get grilled on anything. I did get one question on a current emerging medical issue but nothing to in depth. Though, some in my group said they did have interviewers challenge them. Must depend on the interviewer.

I agree. My panel was not heavy on ethics questions or anything challenging but I know for a fact, from other interviewees that some panels were

Just arrived at my hotel. Anyone staying at springhill suites wanna meet up and explore the area?

Just landed in Phoenix this afternoon and I'm a northerner at Dorne :dead:

Last edited:
Very helpful, thanks. Where my fellow 9/1's at?

I'm a 9/1! Super excited about the interview...not so excited about my workload leading up to my flight on Wednesday, haha.

Supposedly the acceptance rate once you've gotten an interview is around 75%. From my interview group, a decent chunk were given acceptances.

Lol read that as decent drunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird question...but where would you guys leave your bags if u used uber? I have to check out of my hotel...

Weird question...but where would you guys leave your bags if u used uber? I have to check out of my hotel...

Some hotels will let you leave your baggage there and allow to you to return to pick it up. Ask the hotel you are staying at.

Some hotels will let you leave your baggage there and allow to you to return to pick it up. Ask the hotel you are staying at.

Will the school care if I bring it with me?

Is the interview at barrel student center?

Will the school care if I bring it with me?

When I interviewed, I saw a few candidates brought their luggage. The admissions staff said something along the lines of you can leave it in the waiting room, but it's at your own peril. I didn't notice anyone messing with other people's stuff, so you're good.

if you're staying at SpringHill Suites I can offer to keep it in my room till Sept 1st noon

Feel free to bring it with you.. The school campus is freaking safe. You're not gonna lose anything.

II, scheduled for 10/21! Complete 08/09/16, I'm ecstatic!

Last edited:
Damn I understand career changers but a 65 year old? I feel like that's really pushing it.

Who is at Drury Inn & Suites and wants to grab dinner at the buffet? Don't be shy now

Last edited:
Uhh...I can access the accepted student checklist, does that mean I'm in?! I haven't gotten an email or a phone call yet.

Uhh...I can access the accepted student checklist, does that mean I'm in?! I haven't gotten an email or a phone call yet.

Me too!!!!!!! We're going to medical school!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted too!!!! Congrats everybody!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Got waitlisted for interview

II! So excited!

What has to show up on the portal to know whether you're accepted or not? I thought they said it would be awhile before notifying people.

"Accepted Student Checklist" with options to fill out forms and submit the matriculation deposit. So if we get this, does that mean we are officially accepted? I also thought it would be a few weeks before decisions were made