Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Accepted Student Checklist" with options to fill out forms and submit the matriculation deposit. So if we get this, does that mean we are officially accepted? I also thought it would be a few weeks before decisions were made

Seeing how before clicking on that checklist yielded "This page is for accepted students only", if you're able to access it now that basically means you're in. And looking at last year's thread, it appears like it's a common occurrence for accepted applicants:

I wouldn't necessarily expect a call as soon as a decision has been made. In threads from previous years, it seems that that first thing will be that the portal has been updated, and additional information will be available under the "accepted students checklist" tab. A call is likely to come a day or two after the portal change based on previous years. Essentially, everyone should be neurotically checking the portal, as I have been doing.

Also, the fact that AZCOM seems to do business (such as sending my II email) in the middle of the night leads me to believe that the portal update could happen at any time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I can see the checklist but have not yet received an email or phone call. I don't feel I can pop open the champagne until I see or hear the words "you have been accepted."

Members don't see this ad :)
quick question - on the CV, did you guys list schools that you didn't earn a degree from (such as the JC where I took summer school coursework)?

quick question - on the CV, did you guys list schools that you didn't earn a degree from (such as the JC where I took summer school coursework)?

I did because it was part of a study abroad program. I didn't put the community college because I only went to receive some extra college credits.

Congrats to all of you with acceptances! So it took you guys roughly a week to hear back?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I interviewed on Aug 26th and nothing shows up under accepted student portal, should I be concerned?

I interviewed on Aug 26th and nothing shows up under accepted student portal, should I be concerned?

Does the applicant checklist shows missing bachelor degree? If so then you are probably wait listed. If nothing changes in portal then they probably haven't gone through your app to decide yet.

Does the applicant checklist shows missing bachelor degree? If so then you are probably wait listed. If nothing changes in portal then they probably haven't gone through your app to decide yet.
No, it doesnt show anything

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, would you mind elaborating on what you meant by "missing bachelor degree"? Is that only for the people who did not graduate yet? Is there any way for people who have already graduated to see on our portals if we've been alternate-listed? Thank you!

Hi, would you mind elaborating on what you meant by "missing bachelor degree"? Is that only for the people who did not graduate yet? Is there any way for people who have already graduated to see on our portals if we've been alternate-listed? Thank you!

This is only for people who have interviewed. You will see it regardless if you've graduated or not. The applicant checklist will look different than from before. Previous year threads have more details. Also, you can call the admission office to ask, they also will tell you your admission status after the interview. They are very nice and helpful, much better than many of the other programs out there.

This is only for people who have interviewed. You will see it regardless if you've graduated or not. The applicant checklist will look different than from before. Previous year threads have more details. Also, you can call the admission office to ask, they also will tell you your admission status after the interview. They are very nice and helpful, much better than many of the other programs out there.
Yes I've interviewed recently. So you are saying that if someone has been alternate listed after the interview, something will change on the "applicant checklist"? Thanks.

They did say not everyone's status would change at the same time. I wouldn't worry yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Not as exciting as all of you getting accepted (Congrats by the way!), but I did get an II and there was no email. So anyone waiting might want to check your portal!

Post-secondary rejection. First one of the season. Congratulations to those II and acceptances!!

A few things I learned from the interview day:

approximate IIs to acceptances 800/600 for 250 spots

There is a 65 y/o OMS1 at AZCOM @Ad2b

Admissions will be meeting Tuesday to cover Aug 26th- Sep 1st interviews. Notification will be between wed-fri next week

Waitlist = holding for potential interview

Alternate = post-interview hold for acceptance

Interviewers didn't have GPA or MCAT score and didn't want to know what they were. Mine utilized my CV for most of the interview.
Is the no MCAT & GPA thing, and mainly utilizing the CV a common thing at most medical schools? Does anyone have insight into this?

Question about IIs: if the available dates don't work for me, do I just keep checking, or do I call the office?

P.S. Congrats to those with acceptances, that is so exciting!! Especially so early in the cycle, wow :)

OMG!!! Best day of my life! Congrats on your acceptance!!

Also accepted! Interviewed yesterday.

I see it too!

Accepted too!!!! Congrats everybody!!!!!

I can see the checklist but have not yet received an email or phone call. I don't feel I can pop open the champagne until I see or hear the words "you have been accepted."

Do any of you remember what they said about when we are supposed to fill out the ranking form for rotation sites? I thought they said it was something that came with your acceptance?

It depends on if I can get an HPSP scholarship. I can't afford it otherwise.

You mean you don't have 90k just sitting around waiting to be spent on a year of medical school? I sold a little bit of my soul and it's offsetting offset the costs nicely

Reactions: 4 users
This was my top choice school, so I decided to pay my deposit. If anyone has any questions about the post-matriculation agreement process before they sign, feel free to ask!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! I am first-time applicant and AZCOM will be my first interview. I am so nervous. For those of you who interviewed, how do you suggest I prepare for this interview? Did you just study the questions on the Interview feedback responses on SDN? And like know your CV extremely well, and just practice in front of a mirror? ANY TIPS???? I am trying to calm down and relax but I just can't. Please help. I am also a pretty shy, introverted person so yea there's that. :unsure::unsure::scared::shy::shy::shy:

Hi everyone! I am first-time applicant and AZCOM will be my first interview. I am so nervous. For those of you who interviewed, how do you suggest I prepare for this interview? Did you just study the questions on the Interview feedback responses on SDN? And like know your CV extremely well, and just practice in front of a mirror? ANY TIPS???? I am trying to calm down and relax but I just can't. Please help. I am also a pretty shy, introverted person so yea there's that. :unsure::unsure::scared::shy::shy::shy:

Hey! What you suggested was exactly how I prepared, so practice and don't be shy!

Where are the interview feedback responses on sdn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are the interview feedback responses on sdn?

At the top of the page, in the blue box labeled "Pre-Medical resources" you'll see a link for interview feedback. Click on that and search for the school you're interviewing at.

At the top of the page, in the blue box labeled "Pre-Medical resources" you'll see a link for interview feedback. Click on that and search for the school you're interviewing at.

No way! I wish I knew that before! Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users

You better find some friends and practice interviewing while they ask you questions! That's the only way you're going to get better.. Watching videos and reading stuff are not gonna cut it if you feel you are shy and an introvert. In short, practice, practice, practice!! Have someone mock interviewing you every time!

Anyone from 9/2 accepted?

Is there an MMI interview component or is it just a panel interview? Also, how long is the interview itself?

Anyone with an ii off the waitlist yet?

Last edited:
II waitlisted on 9/2 after I submitted my secondary on 8/31. That was an incredibly (and somewhat satisfyingly) fast turnover. I submitted some other secondaries before 8/10 with no replies yet...this is freaking me out. Am I looking too closely into this? Maybe AZCOM was the only school that genuinely appreciated my app and therefore gave me a reply so quickly? However, I think I'm just losing my mind...I need to find a hobby.

AHHHHH!

Also wondering if anyone who interviewed on 9/2 received their admissions decision?

Prayers for the family of the MSIII who drowned this past weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II waitlisted on 9/2 after I submitted my secondary on 8/31. That was an incredibly (and somewhat satisfyingly) fast turnover. I submitted some other secondaries before 8/10 with no replies yet...this is freaking me out. Am I looking too closely into this? Maybe AZCOM was the only school that genuinely appreciated my app and therefore gave me a reply so quickly? However, I think I'm just losing my mind...I need to find a hobby.

AHHHHH!

I've noticed that AZCOM does things particularly fast. A lot of applicants who interviewed the week of 8/26 such as @ERinspired got in the week after.

Other schools not getting back to you doesn't mean they don't like you. They're just not this fast

I've noticed that AZCOM does things particularly fast. A lot of applicants who interviewed the week of 8/26 such as @ERinspired got in the week after.

Other schools not getting back to you doesn't mean they don't like you. They're just not this fast

I need a life coach like you in my life. No amount of Narcos episodes is helping me keep my mind off of this, haha

Anyone with an ii off the waitlist yet?
I don't think they go back to the wait list until jan/feb the very earliest. From what I heard it's usually march/april but it could be different this year.

Anyone know if ADCOMs has met/will be meeting this week at all?