Midwestern University -AZ & IL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received the e-mail on May 7, after I e-mailed them about the status of my application.

Members don't see this ad.

do they notify you about interviews through mail or email?

E-mail. I had e-mailed them first because I still haven't heard anything from them yet, not even a rejection, so I wanted to know what was going on. In the e-mail it said:

At this time we are still interviewing for our Occupational Therapy program and your application is still being considered however once a final decision is made on your application you will be notified either via mail or email. All candidates will be notified of any final decision. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
E-mail. I had e-mailed them first because I still haven't heard anything from them yet, not even a rejection, so I wanted to know what was going on. In the e-mail it said:

At this time we are still interviewing for our Occupational Therapy program and your application is still being considered however once a final decision is made on your application you will be notified either via mail or email. All candidates will be notified of any final decision. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

That's kind of late for a decision on their part! A few programs start in June so you would think they'd have everything done before may. Good luck!

has anyone heard back yet for either schools?
have they started the interview process?

They have started the interview process at MWU-Glendale! I believe there were two days of interview so far. Good luck!!

Has anyone interviewed for admissions for 2013? I have an interview coming up and was wondering if anyone had any help/advice specific to this particular school's interview. Thanks! This is for the Glendale campus.

Has anyone interviewed for admissions for 2013? I have an interview coming up and was wondering if anyone had any help/advice specific to this particular school's interview. Thanks! This is for the Glendale campus.

Dress professionally. Be able to explain why you want to be O.T.....don't say something generic like you enjoy helping people, how is it different than other health fields, why Midwestern, and be able to explain your volunteer experiences into detail. Have questions prepared and don't be nervous.

Dress professionally. Be able to explain why you want to be O.T.....don't say something generic like you enjoy helping people, how is it different than other health fields, why Midwestern, and be able to explain your volunteer experiences into detail. Have questions prepared and don't be nervous.

Thanks otsomeday! How long after your interview did you hear back on an admission decision?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm nervous that I applied so late (even though it was like 2 months early). I called and there are only 6 spots left. YIKES! Any advice for the interview process? I have mine tomorrow.

J44, how did your interview go? And was it for AZ or IL?

I'm surprised they told you there are only 6 spots left. Did you get any confirmation of that during the interview?

I was there the same day for an interview and yes, they did confirm that 24 spots had already been offered, leaving room for 6 to 8 spots. However, just because 24 applicants have been offered admission, any one of those people could get an offer from a more preferred school and accept, which would open up another spot for Midwestern. They do utilize their alternate list. Good luck to all!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh and I forgot to mention it was the Glendale, Arizona campus!

I found out two days after my interview I was accepted to MWU Glendale campus! Has anyone else heard from MWU or other schools?

Same here! 2 days after my interview they called and told me I was accepted into the program! I had difficult decision because I had to choose between Samuel Merritt University and MWU Glendale. I ended up choosing MWU Glendale! I like how the curriculum is designed and also the overall atmosphere of the campus. The professor and students I met with were excellent and very passionate about OT!

Hey, has anyone applying for fall 2015 had an interview? I applied to both IL and AZ and have not been verified but wasn't sure how many interviews they've already conducted.

Hey, has anyone applying for fall 2015 had an interview? I applied to both IL and AZ and have not been verified but wasn't sure how many interviews they've already conducted.

There are two seperate threads for IL and AZ that have people from this year commenting on them. I believe they both have already started holding interviews. I know for sure that IL has.

Verify soon! I verified October 14 and just got an email yesterday to schedule my interview in AZ for tomorrow. Some students for the program have already been accepted.

I was verified by OTCAS on Nov 14th and got emails from AZ and IL that my application is complete. Just waiting on an interview invite now.

Verify soon! I verified October 14 and just got an email yesterday to schedule my interview in AZ for tomorrow. Some students for the program have already been accepted.

You got an invite for a interview only a few days before the actual interview?

yes! Accepted 3 hours after the interview :)
Omg how exciting! Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, are you local in AZ? I'm not sure what I would do if they called me to come in for an interview the next day since I'm in CA.

Yeah I got verified last Monday (11/17) but have just been waiting now to hear back from IL and AZ..hoping I'd have enough time to accommodate myself if I get invited to AZ since I'm from IL. I wish this wasn't such a long process!

Yeah I got verified last Monday (11/17) but have just been waiting now to hear back from IL and AZ..hoping I'd have enough time to accommodate myself if I get invited to AZ since I'm from IL. I wish this wasn't such a long process!
When did you submit your application? I applied to both campuses. I submitted on 11/12 . I hope you get the call for an interview!

Last edited:
Omg how exciting! Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, are you local in AZ? I'm not sure what I would do if they called me to come in for an interview the next day since I'm in CA.
I am a local.
I was overall 3.7
pre reqs 3.6

It is more than just stats with them. Trust me, I had okay gpa but what really stood out was my work experience, volunteer hours, shadowing, and knowledge of OT.

When did you submit your application? I applied to both campuses. I submitted on 11/12 . I hope you get the call for an interview!

Sorry for the waited response. I submitted mine 11/8 and was verified 11/17! and thanks you too!!

Called AZ today and they filled about half the class.

Did anybody get into Midwestern with a lower GPA? I have gotten As in all my prerequisites, besides A and P BUt I have heard they put a great emphasis on science gpa? Is it really just a numbers game? I am worried that I won't even get called for an interview since I applied really late.

Did anybody hear back from the mid westerns yet and know that they are attending for sure?

Did anybody get into Midwestern with a lower GPA? I have gotten As in all my prerequisites, besides A and P BUt I have heard they put a great emphasis on science gpa? Is it really just a numbers game? I am worried that I won't even get called for an interview since I applied really late.
When did you apply?

I applied really late at well, and honestly, I'm already planning on reapplying again (early!!) next year because I believe they have already filled most of the class. I had a friend that accepted his offer way back in October (az midwestern).

Yea that is the plan for me too, because I think I was super late in the cycle. There are so many benefits to applying early. I heard back in an email from AZ today, and said that my gpa was too low for them, even though it is over their minimum. So Im on the interview wait list, which means I pretty much will not get an interview since so many are on the wait list. Haven't heard from Downer's grove. So I still have a chance at five other schools, which I haven't heard from yet. Lets wait and watch.

@amyOTpeds Did you email them previously about your application? I applied in Nov. and I haven't heard anything yet..

@futureOTsj Yes I emailed them, and they actually gave me an honest answer that currently my gpa is too low for an interview, that is why I am on the wait list for an interview. Just email them asking what your application status is.

@amyOTpeds sorry to hear that... I'm sure I'm on the wait list too. do you mind giving me their email address?

Yeah I'm thinking im in the same boat as you, or just flat out rejected. Where else did you apply?

I also applied in Jan. I just emailed them asking the status of my application. Cross your fingers for good news soon!!:xf: Can I ask what your GPA was?

I was wait listed at AT still and had my interview at Touro NV last Thursday. What about you? @OTgirl29

I was wait listed at AT still and had my interview at Touro NV last Thursday. What about you? @OTgirl29

I applied to AT still, Univeristy of Pitt (rejected...applied to late there), univerity of Washington, Puget sound, pacific univeristy, and Dominican in CA.

I applied to AT still, Univeristy of Pitt (rejected...applied to late there), univerity of Washington, Puget sound, pacific univeristy, and Dominican in CA.

I applied to Dominican as well! Are you in CA? Did you get an interview from AT still?

I applied to Dominican as well! Are you in CA? Did you get an interview from AT still?
No, I am from colorado, dreaming of going to OT school on the west coast haha. I haven't heard, but not expecting anything really from AT Still as they are rolling admissions and all my applications were turned in later in the cycle. I honestly am just thinking I may have to reapply everywhere again next year, because although I have a high gpa and unique Ot experience, by gre is low, and I applied too late for rolling admissions schools. What about you?

@OTgirl29 I'm from CA about an hour south of Dominican but, I have an okay GPA but I have good OT experience. I'm hoping that I get accepted somewhere but, I am prepared to take courses to boost my GPA is necessary.

Oh nice, you in the SJ/Oakland area? I am quite interested in dominican and would like to be accepted there, however I haven't found much information on the program's reputation or how their admissions.

@OTgirl29 Hey I applied to Dominican U of Cali as well. I have a 3.65 last 60 hours, but my prereq gpa is not that impressive, about 3.44 with 3 outlying prereqs to complete, one I am completing right now and two I would have to take over the summer. I heard they let you know about interviews in early March. I am not sure about that class profile information I am going to email them soon. Really hope I get into this school. Dom U, Seton Hall, and Usciences are kind of my hope. FGCU, midwestern Arizona and midwestern IL seem to be a lost cause. Really just want to get in, I hate how a couple classes bring my GPA down so much. Its only 3 or 4 classes, the rest are mostly A's and some B's.

Really really want an interview from Dominican University. :(

@OTgirl29 yes! I'm in San Jose. I feel the same way about their admissions.. And there's not a lot of people who chime in here about Dominican. My coworker recently graduated from Dominican but all the info she told me pretty much changed in the past few years. So it didn't really help me.

@OTgirl29 Hey I applied to Dominican U of Cali as well. I have a 3.65 last 60 hours, but my prereq gpa is not that impressive, about 3.44 with 3 outlying prereqs to complete, one I am completing right now and two I would have to take over the summer. I heard they let you know about interviews in early March. I am not sure about that class profile information I am going to email them soon. Really hope I get into this school. Dom U, Seton Hall, and Usciences are kind of my hope. FGCU, midwestern Arizona and midwestern IL seem to be a lost cause. Really just want to get in, I hate how a couple classes bring my GPA down so much. Its only 3 or 4 classes, the rest are mostly A's and some B's.

Really really want an interview from Dominican University. :(
Yeah I'm really really really wanting to get into Dominican as well, or at least an interview. Your last 60 Gpa seems competitive! What about your gre? Honestly, I've heard different stories with people of all different stats getting accepted/rejected to schools... I really don't think you know until the letter comes.