Midwestern University C/O 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I lumped my car rental in with my airfare and I think it was about $10/day from payless rental car, which has horrible reviews, but I think I'm prepared for that.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm flying in 12/7 and leaving 12/9. I'm thinking of using lyft to get from the airport and then shuttle to the school from one of the recommended hotels. Drury inn offers shuttles and some free food/popcorn (and I'm poor after this plane ticket ha).
I stayed at Drury Inn and it was really great! Good breakfast and nice/accommodating shuttle service. It was nice too because there were about five or six of us going over in the shuttle together so we bonded a bit. To get from the airport I used supershuttle, which was also reliable and on time.

I stayed at Drury Inn and it was really great! Good breakfast and nice/accommodating shuttle service. It was nice too because there were about five or six of us going over in the shuttle together so we bonded a bit. To get from the airport I used supershuttle, which was also reliable and on time.
Awesome to hear! I called Drury and asked about the shuttle last week and as soon as I said Midwestern the guy laughed and rattled off the times it ran and said "don't worry about your interview we got you"

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the same thing when I went: stayed at Drury Inn and used SuperShuttle! Both were very accomodating!

Reactions: 1 users
Awesome to hear about the shuttle and Drury! Definitely is a relief to hear good things!

I interview on 12/10 and get butterflies just thinking about it. I have an interview at Western University on 12/5 asl well so I think i'm just hanging around out west for a week until both interviews are done. Trying to finalize travel plans and hotels. Any suggestions on places to stay and things to do in LA and Phoenix? I'm from Georgia and have never been past alabama lol!
When are you flying out? We may be on the same plane together! I am flying out of Georgia on the 9th.

When are you flying out? We may be on the same plane together! I am flying out of Georgia on the 9th.

Ha! I"m actually flying out dec 4 to go to california for an interview on the 5th at western university. Are you from georgia? do/did you go to UGA?

Ha! I"m actually flying out dec 4 to go to california for an interview on the 5th at western university. Are you from georgia? do/did you go to UGA?
No, I am from North Carolina. The airport in Georgia was the closest/cheapest flight without having to stop and change planes. Good luck with your interviews!

No, I am from North Carolina. The airport in Georgia was the closest/cheapest flight without having to stop and change planes. Good luck with your interviews!

NC... So, NCSU? *20 questions*

Haha nope! Western Carolina University. I am in graduate school now. What about yall??

Haha. I was curious if it wasn't ncsu since you said closest airport, but you could've gone home with how our final schedule is. And I am at ncsu :) go pack!

Oh that is awesome! Haha yeah my interview is right in the middle of finals week.

I'm flying in 12/7 and leaving 12/9. I'm thinking of using lyft to get from the airport and then shuttle to the school from one of the recommended hotels. Drury inn offers shuttles and some free food/popcorn (and I'm poor after this plane ticket ha).
I stayed at Drury Inn and it was great! They give you free dinner, drinks, and breakfast. I also rode the shuttle to the school in the morning! I didn't need to spend any money on food while I was there, I would recommend that hotel!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many seats are left?

Also is there anyone on here that's going to be interviewing this Thursday (11/20)? I'm going to be flying into Phoenix around 5 p.m. Wednesday and not leaving until Friday morning. If anyone else wants to meet up and do some exploring Wednesday or Thursday night I'm game!

I don't know about seats but when I was there the dean said interviews go on to January - maybe even February. So they most likely didn't come near to filling the class yet now! Don't worry guys! :)

Thank you! I still got nothing so I think bad news are on the way... :(
I haven't heard anything either. Did you interview on the 5th? I remember them saying it would be about two weeks before the admissions committee met again. Has anyone from Nov 5th heard back yet?

I haven't heard anything either. Did you interview on the 5th? I remember them saying it would be about two weeks before the admissions committee met again. Has anyone from Nov 5th heard back yet?

yes I interviewed on the 5th! Ohh really? I must've missed that part, I know Beca was saying something about two weeks but wasn't sure - I thought they meet every Monday so I got worried. Hopefully we still have a chance then! :nailbiting:

yes I interviewed on the 5th! Ohh really? I must've missed that part, I know Beca was saying something about two weeks but wasn't sure - I thought they meet every Monday so I got worried. Hopefully we still have a chance then! :nailbiting:
Yeah I heard more than one person say that they were meeting in two weeks which makes sense because there is another group interviewing today. I bet they will meet after this group interviews and make their decisions for both groups together. I am positive that they don't meet every Monday though, I am pretty sure hey said twice a month.

Yeah I heard more than one person say that they were meeting in two weeks which makes sense because there is another group interviewing today. I bet they will meet after this group interviews and make their decisions for both groups together. I am positive that they don't meet every Monday though, I am pretty sure hey said twice a month.

They meet every two weeks on monday. I interviewed on the 31st, and they said they were meeting on the 3rd, so they should meet on the 17th and 1st of next month(for those who interview after the 17th).

Ah, I am so happy to hear this, u guys just gave me some hope! :) I was sure I was getting rejected...

Anyone else who is going to interview tomorrow feel up to geocaching (basically urban treasure hunting) on campus after the interview? There's supposed to be a few of them on campus and I want to check them out.
I'm from Arizona, about 3 miles from Midwestern. If you like caching, there are some good ones in that area.

I'm from Arizona, about 3 miles from Midwestern. If you like caching, there are some good ones in that area.

Found 3 while I was there and picked up a travelbug! Was a sweet deal.

I see the accepted student list!! Does this mean... That... I got accepted?
:biglove::soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Fly Racing thank you. I will def check out that thread, I'm a 2nd time around, just want to go to vetschool like everyone else, it is confusing, I was like not rejected but not forgotten about?? . thank you for responding to my post, hopefully something good will happen this time

Where is this thread that mentions when these interviews were done last year? I also received one of these letters and am wondering what the chances of getting an interview is? Thanks.

for those accepted, yall should join the facebook page :)

I haven't heard anything from them. I'm not sure what's going on with my application. I don't want to assume the rejection, but it would be nice to know at this point if I am getting rejected.

I haven't heard anything from them. I'm not sure what's going on with my application. I don't want to assume the rejection, but it would be nice to know at this point if I am getting rejected.
I haven't heard anything either!

Are there any "true Mexican food" restaurants that deliver? :p I want this awesome Mexican food everyone keeps mentioning but I will have to immediately go back to my hotel and start studying for finals after my interview. (And I get lost really easy so I should probably stay put)

finally here in glendale, interview in the morning - nervous and excited!

Reactions: 2 users
Have an awesome time! Hopefully the weather is friendlier than when I was there!

Had my interview today. It was so laid back, everyone was so friendly. The facilities were amazing. I think this is going to be a great program. They said the committee is meeting Monday morning and everyone that's interviewed since the last meeting will be notified by Monday evening with a decision. I'll be anxiously waiting - probably won't sleep all weekend! Good luck to everyone else who interviewed today! :):xf:

Everything they asked me about came directly from my VMCAS app/essays. I listed my hissing cockroach colony under pet ownership, which was kind of silly in retrospect, but they actually brought it up and wanted to hear about it. We ended up having a really fun quick aside on me telling them about hissing cockroaches.

what kind of things did they ask?? i interview on the 5th
Honestly they didn't really ask me much of anything. It was basically me sitting in a room with two people having a conversation about myself. The only actual question I recall being asked is whether or not I felt that empathy was something that could be taught. All I can really say is know your personal statement well and just be confident and friendly! It really is not anything to stress over at all. :)

Today is the day we find out our fate guys! :xf:

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hardy:

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hardy:
Congrats!!!! If you don't mind asking, when was your VMCAS verified? I haven't heard from anything from them, and it's making me really nervous.

Congrats!!!! If you don't mind asking, when was your VMCAS verified? I haven't heard from anything from them, and it's making me really nervous.

I don't remember exactly but I submitted late - October 1st lol. I wanna say it was verified maybe 2 weeks later?

congrats on the acceptance. Do yall recommend making hotel reservations or should there be plenty of rooms available?