Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nice!!! that gives hope. I gave my secondary on march 1st, I thought I might be too late for an interview invite. I guess there is still hope.
Yes hang in there best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

So after being accepted and paying my seat deposit, I just received 2 emails advertising their post-bacc programs. I sure hope there wasn't some mistake!

Reactions: 1 users
How many seats left still? I called admissions to ask but they didn't tell me.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many seats left still? I called admissions to ask but they didn't tell me.
When I interviewed Friday, they said they're about 80% full

Interviewing April 7th! Freaking about the late interview date, but i'm still super excited. CCOM is my number one choice.

Reactions: 2 users
I know this question has probably been asked a million and five times, but I cannot locate the response..
Could someone kindly shed light on the interview day? tips? what to be prepared for.
Godbless; thanks.

I know this question has probably been asked a million and five times, but I cannot locate the response..
Could someone kindly shed light on the interview day? tips? what to be prepared for.
Godbless; thanks.

http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/ccom

That's the specific CCOM page for SDN members to rate/review the school's interview process.

The interview is you and three interviewers. They ask some basic questions (why DO, why CCOM, etc.) and then there is a tour given by a first year. It's very laid back so I would not recommend freaking out any more than necessary. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I signed up for the second look event yesterday and I haven't gotten an email for the itinerary. Do you guys think I can still go?

Hey guys! I signed up for the second look event yesterday and I haven't gotten an email for the itinerary. Do you guys think I can still go?
yeah im sure its fine, it seems like a casual and laidback day I'm sure the more the merrier

http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/ccom

That's the specific CCOM page for SDN members to rate/review the school's interview process.

The interview is you and three interviewers. They ask some basic questions (why DO, why CCOM, etc.) and then there is a tour given by a first year. It's very laid back so I would not recommend freaking out any more than necessary. Good luck!
Thanks for your insight :). Appreciate it!

Does anyone know what the deferment policy at CCOM is? Has anyone been able to defer their acceptance 1 year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the deferment policy at CCOM is? Has anyone been able to defer their acceptance 1 year?
I'm sure they'll give you an accurate answer if you can call the office and ask?

I heard that the committee met last Thursday (3/19). Can anyone verify this? I thought the committee meets every last Thursday of the month.

II on 3/23! Scheduled for 4/17. Any other late applicants out there?

I have a ? for any current students. does ccom allow you to do elective rotations in anything you want third year or how does that work? A friend from college said they are going to do a plastics or derm rotation this summer which seems a little ambitious to me to be one of the first roations they are going on. Do they allow you to do this? Is a third year prepared for that level?

Haven't herd anything yet! Unbearable indeed

What is the cost of living situation near the school during the first two years, and in the city during the rotations? Is it pretty expensive?

What is the cost of living situation near the school during the first two years, and in the city during the rotations? Is it pretty expensive?
For both situations it just depends on where you live. There are some apartments in Downers Grove that will cost upwards of $800, then there are some you can get for $550 per person. You just have to be apartment-hunting savvy. I would recommend posting this in the class facebook group because you're more likely to reach more current students on that forum.

Wow, just got an ii today!!! Pretty excited about it since I was complete sometime in Oct!

I think I'm going to withdraw from here lol. I haven't heard a word since September! Cray cray!

I think I'm going to withdraw from here lol. I haven't heard a word since September! Cray cray!
To be fair, it took me about six months to hear back from CCOM about an II. Not to give false hope or anything, but the cycle's not over until it's over. Chin up and good luck!

Do you remember what time you were notified?! Us March interviews are eagerly awaiting some news!!

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been on this thread very often lately. Anyway, I heard the day of that post and received the email around 3:10 pm. Hope that helps, and best of luck to you all!!!

I am concerned about CCOM's falling graduation rate from 96% in 2011 to only 88% in 2014. Can anyone comment?

Haven't herd anything yet! Unbearable indeed

2nd week of March

Hi! So I called today and asked when mid-March interviewers should hear back; admissions office said they did not know when the committee would meet next but hopefully we should hear (good) news by the end of the week.

Hi! So I called today and asked when mid-March interviewers should hear back; admissions office said they did not know when the committee would meet next but hopefully we should hear (good) news by the end of the week.
Lol couldn't take it anymore?! Thanks for taking one for the team. I'm hoping it means before this Thursday lol.

Lol couldn't take it anymore?! Thanks for taking one for the team. I'm hoping it means before this Thursday lol.
If my sources are correct, the adcom should have either met last week Thursday or will be meeting this coming thursday. and they usually seem the send out acceptances on the same day they meet. Hopefully the trend follows and you all here back this week. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
hey guys,

I am a second year (just finished my first year) and a CCOM student. I lived on SDN when I was applying and it helped me tremendously. I would love to pay it back. Let me know if you have any questions!
How would you rate your experience there? I'm considering applying here.

Accepted! Interviewed mid March :) Seriously, so relieved haha

Wow congrats! I'm so jealous. I'm on the wait list. Anyone got any suggestions how to get off it? =)
Update letters. Start volunteering somewhere new, shadow a new DO, if you're in your last year of undergrad still keep your grades up and send them in when you finish finals.