Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Update letters. Start volunteering somewhere new, shadow a new DO, if you're in your last year of undergrad still keep your grades up and send them in when you finish finals.
Thanks. I actually did start volunteering at a new hospital.

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone tell me the final date for applicants with multiple acceptances to withdraw from all schools but one? I tried looking for it but couldn't find anything.

Anyone see the new CCOM match list?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got my pre ii rejection....after no contact since mid August.

Email. All good though as I'll be going to my top choice.

Reactions: 1 user
Got accepted on 4/2 around 4 pm via email. Interviewed on 3/16/15. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear!

Do they start taking off the waitlist after may 15?

I interviewed March 10th - Haven't heard anything and my portal hasn't changed. When do you guys think is the latest to hear about an acceptance?

I interviewed March 10th - Haven't heard anything and my portal hasn't changed. When do you guys think is the latest to hear about an acceptance?

When I interviewed on the 16th of March, they told me to call the admissions office if I hadn't heard by 4/10. I would call if I were you?

For those rejected, did your portal change at all? I haven't heard back since November and constantly check online to see if anything is different or has been updated. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, how do the folks that do the masters's program here fare in terms of acceptance into the med school? I've heard the linkage has been getting worse over the years? true?

For those rejected, did your portal change at all? I haven't heard back since November and constantly check online to see if anything is different or has been updated. Thanks!
Did you interview in november or are you waiting for an II?
My experience last cycle was similar. I was complete around late September. Didn't hear until i got my rejection letter (pre-interview) around May. I remembered calling around 2nd week of April and they told me at that time that they were already finishing all interviews that week so idk why i didn't just get my pre-interview rejection letter before then since it was obvious they weren't going to interview more people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you interview in november or are you waiting for an II?
My experience last cycle was similar. I was complete around late September. Didn't hear until i got my rejection letter (pre-interview) around May. I remembered calling around 2nd week of April and they told me at that time that they were already finishing all interviews that week so idk why i didn't just get my pre-interview rejection letter before then since it was obvious they weren't going to interview more people.

I haven't even interviewed, and I know a friend who's interviewing next Monday, so I'm not sure if they're still sending out II's, or if that's over and now their wrapping up all the interviews

I haven't even interviewed, and I know a friend who's interviewing next Monday, so I'm not sure if they're still sending out II's, or if that's over and now their wrapping up all the interviews
Woah. I was under the impression last month was the last of their interviews. I don't remember where I heard that though...do you have any idea how much longer they're interviewing for?

Ok so are the geese a big problem at the school? Are attacks common?

Reactions: 5 users
Woah. I was under the impression last month was the last of their interviews. I don't remember where I heard that though...do you have any idea how much longer they're interviewing for?

Not a clue, that's why I was curious what portals look like. I wouldn't think they would interview for much longer, since it's already April, but fingers crossed anyways!

I think at this point it may be ok to say that they would no longer be sending out more ii. (I'm basing this off my experience last year). I'm hoping though that you have an acceptance somewhere else?

Ok so are the geese a big problem at the school? Are attacks common?

I hate geese. You just have to vigilant and aware that they're around. They only really come at you if you're by their nest, otherwise they're pretty used to people

I hate geese. You just have to vigilant and aware that they're around. They only really come at you if you're by their nest, otherwise they're pretty used to people
One time in high school my best friend and I were forced to go to Kohl's with our moms to buy suits for our first dance. We lasted maybe 15 minutes before running off to a Steak 'n Shake across the parking lot, and on the way we encounter a nesting mother goose in one of those little woodchip laden islands in the parking lot. Now my friend was this nasaly-voiced, pimply, 6'4'' awkward teen with a strange sense of humor. He decided to start chiding this goose, asking her where her "boyfriend" was or something like that. I was chuckling in the background when I hear the loudest goose honk ever, and witness this massive goose fly past, feet first, and tackle my friend to the ground so hard I instantly peed myself with laughter. Literally my pants became soaked in pee. The male goose was pecking him all over his chest between nasaly squeals and goose honks...it was the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Reactions: 6 users
One time in high school my best friend and I were forced to go to Kohl's with our moms to buy suits for our first dance. We lasted maybe 15 minutes before running off to a Steak 'n Shake across the parking lot, and on the way we encounter a nesting mother goose in one of those little woodchip laden islands in the parking lot. Now my friend was this nasaly-voiced, pimply, 6'4'' awkward teen with a strange sense of humor. He decided to start chiding this goose, asking her where her "boyfriend" was or something like that. I was chuckling in the background when I hear the loudest goose honk ever, and witness this massive goose fly past, feet first, and tackle my friend to the ground so hard I instantly peed myself with laughter. Literally my pants became soaked in pee. The male goose was pecking him all over his chest between nasaly squeals and goose honks...it was the funniest thing I've ever seen.

funny and TERRIFYING

The email says 10am - 5pm.

I think they basically sent one out right after the January admissions, and the whole thing is set up by current students, so they may just be a little slow... if you're in the Facebook group, you could ask one of the second year students about it/make sure it's okay to still come even though you haven't "RSVP'd" through the Google Doc they sent out. I'm sure it will be fine :) Worst case scenario, I think you should just show up if you're local! They haven't really sent out too much information about it (i.e. I have no idea if it's a whole day event or just a drop in thing).

how do you get to the Facebook group? I cant't seem to find it

Does CCOM take off alternate list before May 15

Does CCOM take off alternate list before May 15
I would think yes, although there's very likely another formal review process for the alternate list, so they might wait until a good chunk of acceptees have declined acceptance before reviewing... that time point would probably be after May imo

Last edited:
withdrawing my acceptance this week, hope it goes to one of you guys out there!

I was accepted to an instate school (Toledo) and then am wait listed at a few others

Anyone else stressing about fin aid?

Meeee! Have you gotten your award letter yet? I have not, but I know some people have. I'm nervous to see how everything breaks down...

I am confused. I got an award letter but then found out it wasn't real... I don't even know. But the financial aid people have been so helpful and responsive.

Do any of you think there's a chance it'll hurt me as an alternate listed candidate to apply for the 1 year masters?

Two weeks since interview today. Checking that portal every ten minutes.

Two weeks since interview today. Checking that portal every ten minutes.
Did they say when you're supposed to hear? It seems that the pattern is last Thursday or first Thursday of the month, and the school seems to keep with this trend. I interviewed middle of last March and heard first week of April, on that Thursday.

Got the accepted student check-list last night. Excited to meet you all in August :)

Withdrawing. Accepted back in November but got into my top choice. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Any other early April interviews hear anything? Radio silent on my end.

my portal changed due to an aacomas error but call and ask to speak to an admissions counselor and they can check for you

my portal changed due to an aacomas error but call and ask to speak to an admissions counselor and they can check for you

Called in... waitlisted. Bummer but honestly AZCOM is the school I really want to attend (current Biomed masters in AZ)