Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was complete July 7, still no interview. So upset. Everyone is getting interviews and I'm not. I'm beginning to think I won't get in anywhere. So sad
Don't worry you will hear from them soon! I am rooting for you!! I still have to submit my secondary! Eeeks! Will be doing to tonight.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I was complete July 7, still no interview. So upset. Everyone is getting interviews and I'm not. I'm beginning to think I won't get in anywhere. So sad

Relax man. It's still July.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I just don;t understand when to expect interviews and how schools go about it. Like how can someone complete after me get one while I didn't hear back at all. I think im confused about the whole process.
Don't worry you will hear from them soon! I am rooting for you!! I still have to submit my secondary! Eeeks! Will be doing to tonight.

Relax man. It's still July.

I guess I just don;t understand when to expect interviews and how schools go about it. Like how can someone complete after me get one while I didn't hear back at all. I think im confused about the whole process.
Hey man it's all good. It is hard to relax when you don't have interviews. But like Shinobiz11 said, it is still very early. You did a good thing by applying early, so you just have to wait now.

Question: did you guys receive a complete email? I thought I was complete almost two weeks ago and am still waiting.

Thanks!

Did anyone else get an II? I wonder if they are just sending them out every Wednesday

Congrats on interviews everyone! Make sure to post your stats in the "Official Interview Invite Thread 2014-2015 Cycle" in the Pre-Medical Osteopathic forum so we can keep track of the schools giving out invites!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get an II? I wonder if they are just sending them out every Wednesday
Last year the first interviews were on a Tuesday and then some came out on Wednesday after that. Seemed like it was random

Whoo, interview scheduled for September 16! PM me if anyone's interested in sharing a room. I'm female, 20s, organized, and will make sure you wake up on time :)

Whoo, interview scheduled for September 16! PM me if anyone's interested in sharing a room. I'm female, 20s, organized, and will make sure you wake up on time :)

Do you mind sharing your stats and when your file was complete?

Not at all. OOS, cGPA 3.61, sGPA 3.65, MCAT 31. Secondary completed on 06/25, interview offered on 07/30.
I'm very interested in obtaining a dual degree (DO/MPH). I've searched CCOMs website and it doesn't look like they offer any dual degree programs. Does anyone know if they do/don't for sure?

Whoops, noob mistake.

OOS, overall GPA 3.61, sGPA 3.65, MCAT 31. File complete on 06/25, II offer on 07/30.

Do you mind sharing your stats and when your file was complete?

II at 9:02 this morning via email. I am OOS, 3.6 cGPA, 33 MCAT. I was complete on July 13. I scheduled my interview for September 19. 1st interview this cycle. So excited!
I had the same stats but I was in-state for this last cycle and was accepted. Good luck to you!

Does CCOM really only take 2 letters? Can I not submit more?

Does anyone know if both AZCOM and CCOM have access to either application's materials? I've written the secondaries for both schools and they are fairly similar. I don't want that to hurt me if both schools Adcoms can see that I wrote close to the same thing for both schools.

Does anyone know if both AZCOM and CCOM have access to either application's materials? I've written the secondaries for both schools and they are fairly similar. I don't want that to hurt me if both schools Adcoms can see that I wrote close to the same thing for both schools.

Don't remember the post but previous answers to this question suggested they the Adcoms don't compare the secondaries.

Good luck.

Got an interview here for the 22nd of Sept! Any other gals going the same day and want to share a room? Or anyone know if there are student hosts? I will email admissions to ask this too...

SHould I just assume I am rejected since I was complete on 7/7 and havent heard back?

No, you really can't assume anything except that the cycle will likely be a test of your patience. Myself and a lot of my classmates didn't receive interviews until December, January, and February. The entire med school process makes little sense and requires a decent amount of waiting. They don't look at applicants in order of submitted applications. CCOM receives over 7,000 applications that they have to sift through in some strange order

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you, I feel a bit better. Do schools silent reject applicants or would they let people know?

It's a weird situation. They almost aren't even "silent rejections." A lot of times, schools will send out rejections in April or May after being silent for awhile. But that's because some don't want to reject you yet, but can't offer you an interview yet either. You may go into a pile to be rereviewed later or they may even see your application for the first time months after you submitted. So you never know what will happen. If you don't get a rejection, then you can assume that you're still in the running :)

In addition to that, they may have seen your application and plan on offering an interview in the near future. They can only send a certain amount of interviews out after each committee meeting. You never know

Everyone and their mother tells applicants to apply early. If they just threw away your application after looking at it once, then why would it matter when you applied? (other than there being more available seats I guess. But still.) Don't lose hope.
SHould I just assume I am rejected since I was complete on 7/7 and havent heard back?

well, no letter in the email nor any word from them. I emailed them asking but they gave the standard response "we'll let you know". AZCOM seems to only be looking at 30+ right now, but ccom is just picking and choosing :rolleyes:. Neither is rolling basis as they claim.

well, no letter in the email nor any word from them. I emailed them asking but they gave the standard response "we'll let you know". AZCOM seems to only be looking at 30+ right now, but ccom is just picking and choosing :rolleyes:. Neither is rolling basis as they claim.

Rolling basis doesn't mean that they interview everyone who finishes their application early. It means that they will begin offering spots in the entering class to students before interviewing all possible candidates. So if all of the students that they offer slots to matriculate before late appliers get a chance to interview and there aren't any more spots left - well then that sucks for the late appliers. It's better to apply early because the schools become more selective at the end of the interview season because they have less spots available and so they offer less interviews. Applying early anywhere doesn't guarantee you an interview. Keep up your grades and send in update letters and maybe a few new recommendation letters. CCOM is known for appreciating update letters and it brings your application back into the mix. Good luck!

Rolling basis doesn't mean that they interview everyone who finishes their application early. It means that they will begin offering spots in the entering class to students before interviewing all possible candidates. So if all of the students that they offer slots to matriculate before late appliers get a chance to interview and there aren't any more spots left - well then that sucks for the late appliers. It's better to apply early because the schools become more selective at the end of the interview season because they have less spots available and so they offer less interviews. Applying early anywhere doesn't guarantee you an interview. Keep up your grades and send in update letters and maybe a few new recommendation letters. CCOM is known for appreciating update letters and it brings your application back into the mix. Good luck!

Makes sense. I would like atleast some update though if I was not already in the mix :(. Like perhaps, the hold mail that some people are getting. Rolling admissions does not mean interview, that's right, but it should mean update- wheter thats hold or rejection.

idk, nevermind what I said, I promised myself not to get impatient again :p

Interview invite! 3.7c/3.5s/31. Complete 7/29.

Just got an ii invite!! Sep 23! So excited!!!

Interview invite today! Complete 7/29

I am a reapplicant and during my last application cycle, I completed my applications in August and got one interview invite in November and one in March. Be patient. It's not over till it's over.

3.9 cgpa/3.8 sgpa/28 mcat.

Does anyone know what the interview/acceptance rates are for CCOM?

This would be totally awesome/I hope it's accurate, but the source is from 2006 :(
It seems to be pretty accurate in my opinion. Six of twelve people from my interview day are enrolled at MWU.

I hope those 2006 stats are still fairly representative. Those are great chances!