Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone! I'm so excited to be interviewing here on the 23rd! Is anyone else interviewing on that date? I'm flying from out west so I would love to hear from someone who will be there interviewing too:)
HEY! I am going tomorrow too! See you then!

Members don't see this ad.

Is interview here completely open file? Does your interviewer have your application and numbers both?
i think ananasmed's post above says they only see your secondary app and resume, not aacomas, not to mention numbers.

Got an interview invite today. All of the spots filled up within the three hours I had work..

Members don't see this ad :)
complete on 06/25 and still haven't heard anything.. is this school just slow or is this a silent rejection

complete on 06/25 and still haven't heard anything.. is this school just slow or is this a silent rejection

I am in the same boat as you, I haven't heard anything and I was done the same time as you. My stats are 30 MCAT (10/10/10) and <3.4 GPA if that means anything.

I am in the same boat as you, I haven't heard anything and I was done the same time as you. My stats are 30 MCAT (10/10/10) and <3.4 GPA if that means anything.

Also haven't heard anything...

3.5 sgpa 3.3 cgpa 30 mcat

Complete Aug 9.

Anyone know when the committee usually meet?

Giving up my October interview. Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when the committee usually meet?

I think they said end of the month, but who knows! I'm hoping to hear back by next Friday, which will be four weeks from my interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
interview tmrw! super excited and nervous... =p

Reactions: 1 user
I think they said end of the month, but who knows! I'm hoping to hear back by next Friday, which will be four weeks from my interview.
you guys will probs hear back within the next week or two, which is when the committee is supposed to meet.

you guys will probs hear back within the next week or two, which is when the committee is supposed to meet.

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised they didn't meet yet, especially since they told us a one month decision date guideline :( Oh well. I hope your interview went well!

I'm debating whether or not to send in my secondary for this school, 3.4 cGPA 3,25 sGPA 28 MCAT. EC are very volunteer heavy, minimal research, what do you guys think? Save the money? Buy a pair of shoes instead?

I'm debating whether or not to send in my secondary for this school, 3.4 cGPA 3,25 sGPA 28 MCAT. EC are very volunteer heavy, minimal research, what do you guys think? Save the money? Buy a pair of shoes instead?
It's a little late. I don't know if it would be worth it at this time considering your stats.

You might be ok. They're putting most people with <30 on Hold, so getting your app in early wouldn't have made a difference imo.

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised they didn't meet yet, especially since they told us a one month decision date guideline :( Oh well. I hope your interview went well!
Thanks! According to the director of admissions, their schedule is slightly behind last yr's b/c of the committee members' availability to meet.

It's a little late. I don't know if it would be worth it at this time considering your stats.

You might be ok. They're putting most people with <30 on Hold, so getting your app in early wouldn't have made a difference imo.

Thanks for your input guys! I suppose I'll just wait until I have all my other secondaries in before submitting if I feel the need.

Thanks for your input guys! I suppose I'll just wait until I have all my other secondaries in before submitting if I feel the need.

For what it's worth, I think it's really AZCOM that is giving out holds to people with <30. CCOM has been interviewing people in this range. It might be a bit late to apply, but if you really like CCOM I don't think it would be crazy for you to give it a shot.

How do you know if you are put on hold? Is there something to indicate that status that I can find? Thanks.

How do you know if you are put on hold? Is there something to indicate that status that I can find? Thanks.

Actually, I think I meant AZCOM. They explicitly put others and I on hold via mail. CCOM hasn't given me any status since I was complete, I tried calling/emailing but no answer :/

Actually, I think I meant AZCOM. They explicitly put others and I on hold via mail. CCOM hasn't given me any status since I was complete, I tried calling/emailing but no answer :/

Oh - ok, thanks

I got an II last week with a 29, if that helps!

Was excited that I received a snail mail letter from them, hoped it was a II... until I opened it and it was just telling me to submit the secondary. it was postmarked for late September, but I was marked complete in early October. darn lol

I was wondering if the school will have more interview dates than the initial ones? I'm thinking of choosing a later date, but they only let me choose two options so far. If they do have more dates, how long does it usually takes for the later dates to show up?
Thanks.

I was wondering if the school will have more interview dates than the initial ones? I'm thinking of choosing a later date, but they only let me choose two options so far. If they do have more dates, how long does it usually takes for the later dates to show up?
Thanks.
You should call the admissions department and ask them about when the other dates are. They might be able to sign you up before the portal makes them available.

To those of you that stayed at Holiday Inn when you came to interview, is there any shuttle service from airport to hotel? Or just taxi? Cause it's so expensive..

Does anyone know when the Admin Committee meets? Thanks.

Thanks.
They interview in the fall more than the winter. That's what the admissions director said.

Anyone know how receptive CCOM is to "in the area" emails, particularly if you haven't received an II yet?

Anyone know how the adcom committee notifies ppl that they've been accepted post-interview? Snail mail? I'm not sure when I'm supposed to hear but interviewed on 9/22. I think the guy said by mid-october.

Anyone know how the adcom committee notifies ppl that they've been accepted post-interview? Snail mail? I'm not sure when I'm supposed to hear but interviewed on 9/22. I think the guy said by mid-october.
I also interviewed in September and was told a similar date... A month from interview and maybe to call if we haven't heard by mid-October. But a user who posted here that attended an interview last week said that they are running behind and it's possible committee still hasn't met. They told us you'll get an email if you're accepted, snail mail for both acceptance/rejection/wait list - so if you get in, you'll find out through your email first. This wait is killer.

Just got the accepted student checklist!

Reactions: 3 users
u guys i don't want to get excited but in my portal the accepted student checklist has shown up for CCOM (nothing for AZCOM). What does this mean?!?!?!?!

u guys i don't want to get excited but in my portal the accepted student checklist has shown up for CCOM (nothing for AZCOM). What does this mean?!?!?!?!
It mean you're accepted buddy

It mean you're accepted buddy

I hope so.... I am dying to get an email confirmation or something just so i can make sure... always the pessimist, I am refreshing the matriculation agreement page to see if it disappears and that this whole change to my portal was an accident....

Did you get an email?

I saw the checklist this morning and got the email just now :) congrats! If you notice, the matriculation has your name in it - it would be a very elaborate error lol.

I saw the checklist this morning and got the email just now :) congrats! If you notice, the matriculation has your name in it - it would be a very elaborate error lol.

True... although it's possible it's one of those like... auto generated things that puts your name in... lol. I still haven't gotten an email. Congrats to you as well.

nvm i got the email... i need to calm down. congrats to everyone.

Is anyone for sure matriculating? I'm like 80% sure.

Just got the acceptance email!!! Interviewed 9/30

Interviewed 10/7, got the acceptance email today! :)