Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
im having trouble finding match lists for CCOM, would someone that came across it care to help

Members don't see this ad.

1. is there a maximum # of letters for this school?
  2. how strict is the whole "AACOMAS ID" has to be on the letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!!! CHECK YOUR PORTALS!!!

Reactions: 7 users
just got the acceptance email! so excited!:biglove:

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted through email, thought I bombed the interview lol. Good luck everyone

Congrats to all those accepted! Feel free to PM me with any further questions and hope to see you here next year :D

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you interview?

Sept 28...this past Monday.

Stats 3.7 cgpa, 3.5 sgpa, 31 MCAT. I literally was sweating bullets at that interview and bombed it.

Last edited:
Canceling my interview for October 9. Pm me if you want to coordinate to take my spot

Canceled my interview and withdrew from consideration. I hope it goes to one of you lovely folks!

Reactions: 1 user
congrats to those who got accepted!
Note for future interviewees esp. those out of state, the weather is changing in Chicago for the cold! I suggest checking the weather on the day of your interview as part of that day will have you periodically walking outside to tour the campus.

I got a call today from MWU, I have an interview scheduled Oct 9th. Unfortunately I messed the call , but when I called back nobody answered and I had to leave a message. Any one else have this happen? Congrats to those accepted!

I got a call today from MWU, I have an interview scheduled Oct 9th. Unfortunately I messed the call , but when I called back nobody answered and I had to leave a message. Any one else have this happen? Congrats to those accepted!
It's just a reminder that you have an interview scheduled. Why did you feel the need to call back?

It's just a reminder that you have an interview scheduled. Why did you feel the need to call back?

I ignored every call CCOM ever made to me. I was still accepted today.

Because they didn't leave a message

Yeah, I didn't even get a voicemail message from them. I ignored the call and assumed it was for an interview reminder. I got a reminder by email later though.

Accepted today, interviewed 9/29. My interview didn't feel like it went particularly well or particularly bad. Some crazy fast turnaround though.

Reactions: 3 users
So I've been complete since like July 3rd... How much should I read into my lack of II?

So I've been complete since like July 3rd... How much should I read into my lack of II?
I should have this copy and pasted by now...

Have patience. I was complete July last year and didn't get an II until end of January 2015. Send updates if you don't hear from them. You're not out until you're rejected.

Congratulations to all who were accepted!!!!!! :D

Just interviewed yesterday so I'm sure this is going to be the longest October of my life... but oh well. Met some wonderful folks yesterday, best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 user
NY resident
3.38/3.23/33(9PS,10VR,14BS)
Plenty of volunteering, research, shadowing.
Good LORs

Your GPA is below the school average, which means they probably put you on hold for now for a II. If they get more applications and yours is still high on their list, then they will offer you a II.

At my interview, almost every applicant had at least a 3.7 GPA, and a 29+ MCAT, and quite a few of them already had MD interviews lined up.

What are the chances with 3.65 sgpa, 3.45 cgpa, 30 Mcat?

What are the chances with 3.65 sgpa, 3.45 cgpa, 30 Mcat?

Pretty good, but for a school that is competitive like CCOM, it is always better to apply super early. I was complete by first week of July.

Your GPA is below the school average, which means they probably put you on hold for now for a II. If they get more applications and yours is still high on their list, then they will offer you a II.

At my interview, almost every applicant had at least a 3.7 GPA, and a 29+ MCAT, and quite a few of them already had MD interviews lined up.

you asked everyone about their GPA and MCAT???

Reactions: 1 users
you asked everyone about their GPA and MCAT???

It was clearly obvious. Over half of them had interviews at MD schools with LizzyM averages higher than CCOM. Interviewing this early, it means they have higher stats.

Many of them were also open about their stats. I asked the guys sitting right next to me.

It was clearly obvious. Over half of them had interviews at MD schools with LizzyM averages higher than CCOM. Interviewing this early, it means they have higher stats.

Many of them were also open about their stats. I asked the guys sitting right next to me.
Typical pre-meds. "Let's discuss our stats!" :claps:

Reactions: 1 users
Typical pre-meds. "Let's discuss our stats!" :claps:

Well I also already noticed a difference in caliber of students in my interviews here vs. LECOM and CUSOM. (Not to say LECOM and CUSOM interviews bad candidates, but you notice a difference.)

I mean you ask them about what interviews they have so far, so you can already guess by which schools they get interviews from what their stats are going to be.

Last edited:
Well I also already noticed a difference in caliber of students in my interviews here vs. LECOM and CUSOM. (Not to say LECOM and CUSOM interviews bad candidates, but you notice a difference.)

I mean you ask them about what interviews they have so far, so you can already guess by which schools they get interviews from what their stats are going to be.
Haha I gotcha. I was just being sassy. :laugh:

Haha I gotcha. I was just being sassy. :laugh:

No problem. The stats are probably better this year compared to last year. Too many applicants are applying haha. Adding on that CCOM is pretty much in one of the best areas medical schools can be at (near Chicago, amazing rotations, established medical school, and Downer's Grove is a really wealthy area,) nobody can really complain.

So my physician letter is included in my schoo's committee letter, has anyone had success submitting the application this way? Or do I have to have the physician send it independently to the school or AACOMAS? Also, what is the point of uploading a CV? Now I have extra work to do... I wish I could just input the information into the application, or better yet, I wish MWU just pulled the information from the primary...

Anyone know of a quick CV generating program?
I had all my letters in a committee letter. It was fine.

The CV is a really important part of the process. Interviews are semi-closed and all they have are your secondary essays and CV. You can submit either a resume or a CV and I assume you should have one already. It doesn't take too long to tweak a pre-existing one.

So in regards to the committee letter, how did that work out? In the portal, my committee letter requirement is checked, but I still have an X or incomplete for the physician letter (my committee did not include individual letters, rather they talked about each one). Did you have to call CCOM?
Ah, that might be the problem. Mine had a committee letter in addition to the original letters. Call them.

Where is everyone sending their thank you notes after today's interview?

@Enik I interviewed Friday, and I think I'm just going to call the office and ask.