Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
According to last year's thread, they started handing II out at the end of the first week of August

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my app to CCOM yesterday. Received an email this morning for my secondary

Realized I don't have a current CV...hum. I suppose making us repeat our medical school application for another $50 is a pretty good gig though :dead:

Last edited:
secondary submitted and totally complete! Hope I get some love :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
3.34cGPA, 3.57sGPA, 30 MCAT. I returned to school after another career and just finished my bachelors with a 3.72 (with every single class minus 2 being science), and have a term of solid f's from when I was dual enrolled in HS/CC which Ididn't turn in a drop form. It sucks because they are all weird random classes, so repeating would be hard (i.e. A random criminal justice class, a wilderness first aid class, and a sociology class)

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Anyone send letters through interfolio to both AZCOM and CCOM? Right after I sent them to both schools, AZCOM checklist said they received my letters but CCOM still has no record of them. This was last week.

Anyone send letters through interfolio to both AZCOM and CCOM? Right after I sent them to both schools, AZCOM checklist said they received my letters but CCOM still has no record of them. This was last week.
I sent my letters using Interfolio. Both AZCOM and CCOM got them. I got verified a week ago though.

CCOM generally takes quite a bit longer to verify your letters. Mine was verified exactly two weeks after being sent in, so I'd give it some time! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if the cv is supposed to show up once I upload the file? It is saying no file chosen for me on the application.

Submitted a couple weeks ago and they still show that my MCAT hasn't posted. AACOMAS received and posted it 2 weeks ago. Does anyone else have this issue?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the cv is supposed to show up once I upload the file? It is saying no file chosen for me on the application.
You have to press "upload file" after you have your cv selected, I was stuck there for a good bit too.

3.39c, 3.63s, 503 complete 7/20

mavric, we have super similar sounding backgrounds. Including the odd courses that didn't make sense to repeat, previous gpa issues due to not officially dropping courses a long time ago.

Just finished my bachelor's, 3.687.

You have to press "upload file" after you have your cv selected, I was stuck there for a good bit too.
Thanks. Yeah I pressed that, but then the file disappeared. It went back to saying "No File Chosen." I feel like the file should then show up there, no?

Thanks. Yeah I pressed that, but then the file disappeared. It went back to saying "No File Chosen." I feel like the file should then show up there, no?

Look to the right of "No File Chosen" and it should have your CV link posted.

Look to the right of "No File Chosen" and it should have your CV link posted.
Ah I see, thanks. Haha. I guess you should all just feel fortunate you're competing with someone with my intelligence level for a spot..

Reactions: 4 users
Ah I see, thanks. Haha. I guess you should all just feel fortunate you're competing with someone with my intelligence level for a spot..

We're all intelligent in our own ways, so S'all good.

Reactions: 1 users
II via email but dont see where to schedule it on the portal, anyone else have the same problem?

II via email but dont see where to schedule it on the portal, anyone else have the same problem?

It happened to me so I called their Office of Admissions and scheduled it via phone

I also have no place to schedule it online. Do you remember any of the dates they offered?

I believe some were on (all in September) 7, 12, 15, 19, 20, 23, and 30. There may have been a few more in between those dates but overall, a large selection.

@ERinspired just curious...did you apply to any MD schools or are you applying to strictly to DO schools? If I'm correct this is your 9th II at this early stage, you must have an amazing application. While I'm here struggling to get a reply for a question about the secondary...

And no I'm not stalking you lol it just happen that I applied to 8/9 places you got II for

I believe some were on (all in September) 7, 12, 15, 19, 20, 23, and 30. There may have been a few more in between those dates but overall, a large selection.

Thank you!!

II! Can't schedule online right now though...

I'm so jealous of you guys! I want one here so badly!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

@ERinspired just curious...did you apply to any MD schools or are you applying to strictly to DO schools? If I'm correct this is your 9th II at this early stage, you must have an amazing application. While I'm here struggling to get a reply for a question about the secondary...

And no I'm not stalking you lol it just happen that I applied to 8/9 places you got II for

I actually only applied to DO. But, I probably do have an average MD application. There's something of a long story there, but it comes back to the rural area that I'm from has been served by the mission of most DO schools to produce physicians for underserved areas.

I'm sure you'll got some love some!

Anyone have any idea on what the interview format and/or the number of applicants interviewed/accepted is? The confirmation email doesn't include anything about this

Stats: About 3.4-3.5. 31 MCAT

Not sure when I was complete.

Stats: 3.4 sGPA, 3.5 cGPA, 516 MCAT.
Not sure about complete date either, submitted my secondary 7/10/2016.