Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Only one interview. 3 on 1. Usually a DO, researcher, and student. It was totally relaxed for me

We do what we can to make it relaxed

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected pre-interview via snail mail last saturday, good luck everyone else applying!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I may have missed this today during my interview day, but I was wondering if anyone knew where or how we can send a thank you email to our interviewers.

I may have missed this today during my interview day, but I was wondering if anyone knew where or how we can send a thank you email to our interviewers.
Send it directly to the admissions email. They will distribute it accordingly.

Edit: I'd include the name of the interviewers in the email, especially if you want it individualized.

I have had everything turned in and complete since 7/18 and I still haven't heard anything. I feel like this has been very long but I was wondering if anyone knew if this was abnormal. Would it be appropriate to contact admissions after almost 3 months?

I have had everything turned in and complete since 7/18 and I still haven't heard anything. I feel like this has been very long but I was wondering if anyone knew if this was abnormal. Would it be appropriate to contact admissions after almost 3 months?
I was complete for 6 months before I got an II. If you have a significant update, you can send a letter to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Are classes mandatory? Besides anatomy and OMM lab

Are classes mandatory? Besides anatomy and OMM lab

Also PES lab is mandatory. But other than those three, no the regular lectures are not mandatory. Some classes do offer extra credit "pop quizzes" in lecture though so you could miss out on free easy points if you skip.

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 6/24 and silence

Reactions: 6 users
Hey all, I'm looking at adding a couple more DO schools to my list and am debating on adding CCOM since my academic stats are below their average from most recent matriculating class. My stats: 3.48 cGPA, 3.40 sGPA, 3.89 MPH GPA, 503 MCAT (126/123/127/127). I have very strong EC's throughout undergrad and grad school, primarily with medically underserved populations. I have strong letters from one of my college mentors who's an MD and a DO I'm currently shadowing. I'm also a URM (mixed - black latino, white). Do you think it's worth me submitting a secondary?

The grad GPA is great! I think the only thing holding you back is the MCAT score - CCOM tends to go for higher MCATs than most DO schools. But you might make up for it with the ECs and DO letter. I think its worth a secondary

The grad GPA is great! I think the only thing holding you back is the MCAT score - CCOM tends to go for higher MCATs than most DO schools. But you might make up for it with the ECs and DO letter. I think its worth a secondary

I'll send a secondary in- hopefully adcoms take the ECs more into consideration. If not, it's not the end of the world. Thanks for the advice

anyone who got accepted felt like they weren't sure how well their interview went?

anyone who got accepted felt like they weren't sure how well their interview went?

Yeah. It was my first interview and I had no idea what to expect. Felt 50/50 about it. There were a couple things I knew I could have been better at right after the interview. For example, I did not spend equal amount of time making eye contact with my three interviews. Totally focused on the student in front of me.

Yeah. It was my first interview and I had no idea what to expect. Felt 50/50 about it. There were a couple things I knew I could have been better at right after the interview. For example, I did not spend equal amount of time making eye contact with my three interviews. Totally focused on the student in front of me.
Okay cool, yeah this was my first not one on one type interview so it threw me off a little.. I mean I think I answered questions to the best of my ability, we'll see! Do you know the chances of acceptance post interview?

Interviewed and accepted :happy: very excited, loved it there!

Reactions: 5 users
II this morning! Complete late Sept

Reactions: 2 users
It took me 5 days. It depends on when you interview though. Admissions meets twice a month so technically if you interview the day after they meet it could take up to 2 weeks.

Just logged onto my portal and I now have the accepted student checklist. I didn't receive an email or anything so I am hoping that this is not an error. I also interviewed at AZCOM so I don't know if I can tell which school before I receive an email or phone call.

Just logged onto my portal and I now have the accepted student checklist. I didn't receive an email or anything so I am hoping that this is not an error. I also interviewed at AZCOM so I don't know if I can tell which school before I receive an email or phone call.

When I interviewed at CCOM they told me I would first find out by the accepted student checklist, before the email. Congrats buddy, you got into med school! As far as which med school you got into...under "matriculation/payment" there should be a message that says "the Blank College of Osteopathic Medicine hereby offers to admit @theLaxEagle "

Interviewed yesterday and just got the acceptance email! That was fast.

Interviewed Monday, accepted!! This school seems great:love:

When I interviewed at CCOM they told me I would first find out by the accepted student checklist, before the email. Congrats buddy, you got into med school! As far as which med school you got into...under "matriculation/payment" there should be a message that says "the Blank College of Osteopathic Medicine hereby offers to admit @theLaxEagle "
Thanks. Just got the email from CCOM. Accepted!!

CCOM where my II at. stop playing with my feelings :p

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted! Congrats everyone!

Pre-II rejection sent after 10 days of being complete? This was my top choice....

Pre-II rejection sent after 10 days of being complete? This was my top choice....

If it doesn't work out this year and you reapply next year, do so early. Like June early. The earlier you apply, the better!

Any use in submitting a secondary here at this point? 3.77 gpa, 507 MCAT

Any use in submitting a secondary here at this point? 3.77 gpa, 507 MCAT

Yes, I know people that were accepted in the past and they submitted a lot later than this. It's still early.

Do you have your new mcat date listed on AACOMAS? It is very uncommon for schools to make a decision without all MCAT scores in. Most schools won't even look at the application until then. The schools that do would put applicants on hold/waitlist for II, not flat out reject. I would call them again, calmly, and ask if they even saw the second score.

CCOM and AZCOM have two separate admissions teams, but Midwestern AZ-COM reviewed my application and put me on the waitlist for II before my scores came in (which again is very unusual). But in my case I was offered an interview at AZ-COM about a month after my MCAT scores got in. Maybe they have some weird policy about MCAT retakes. Sorry buddy

Has anyone who interviewed on Wednesday October 26th heard back yet?!

How I'm walking into my interview here on Halloween day

bear costume.jpg

II just now. Was NOT expecting that at all.