Midwestern University DVM 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thats what I was told as well...fingers crossed we all hear soon!
Maybe a week later? When I called they said my app was under review! So hopefully good review! Haha

My application was considered to be complete by MWU on 8/27 so I'm with you guys! It's not been much over 2 weeks but I was starting to worry. Hopefully they just haven't viewed ours yet!

When did you two get an email saying your applications were complete from MWU?
I never actually got a confirmation email because they misplaced my GRE scores so she just manually changed it in my app. So my app was complete the first couple of days of September.

Members don't see this ad.

So I submitted my vmcas app for them early Monday morning. Is it usually a few weeks after that that people receive a notification for an interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Just woke up to an email from them saying my application was put on hold for a possible interview invitation? I don't really know what it means but it said they will begin interviewing people in October. I guess I'm good enough for an interview but not right now? Haha. Guess they want to check out everyone else who is waiting til the last minute to submit. Yay for being interview waitlisted!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I just interviewed at MWU yesterday and had a great time! The interview is about 25 minutes long with two faculty members. It goes by extremely quick and really does feel like a conversation!! It was a great first vet school interview experience!!

Reactions: 3 users
So I submitted my vmcas app for them early Monday morning. Is it usually a few weeks after that that people receive a notification for an interview?

I think the closer you get to the deadline, the longer it'll probably take for them to get to your application since they probably have so much more to look through that they did one or two months ago.

Yea. But it sounded like they reviewed it already. I think they're just waiting to see if anything better comes along which is fair enough. I just wish I had an answer, but it's better than a no!

Just woke up to an email from them saying my application was put on hold for a possible interview invitation? I don't really know what it means but it said they will begin interviewing people in October. I guess I'm good enough for an interview but not right now? Haha. Guess they want to check out everyone else who is waiting til the last minute to submit. Yay for being interview waitlisted!

Thats so bizarre!

That is exactly what will happen! I was waitlisted for an interview early on last cycle and didn't get offered an interview until February. So it is definitely not a bad thing!

Yea. But it sounded like they reviewed it already. I think they're just waiting to see if anything better comes along which is fair enough. I just wish I had an answer, but it's better than a no!

At least you have heard something!! When did you get notified your application was complete?! This wait is killing us!! lol

Waitlisted!!! Better than a flat out no! Thought I was gonna be rejected!

yay! Nothing wrong with a waitlist!!

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted!!! Better than a flat out no! Thought I was gonna be rejected!

yay! Nothing wrong with a waitlist!!
Are you guys seeing this on your portal or an email? If its an email, curious to know whats shown on your portal?

I got notified through my email and there's nothing on my portal yet. I was emailed about my completed application on September 8th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Portal is the MWU application portal. Have they sent you an email to set up an account with admissions yet?

No they haven't. I submitted my vmcas application early Monday morning, and was just verified today. I should receive an email soon hopefully?

No they haven't. I submitted my vmcas application early Monday morning, and was just verified today. I should receive an email soon hopefully?
I'm not sure how soon they will be sending them out now that the application cycle has ended. I received an email from MWU a few days after I was verified saying my application was complete. They will send you an email with a link to set up an account.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how soon they will be sending them out now that th application cycle has ended. I received an email from MWU a few days after I was verified saying my application was complete. They will send you an email with a link to set up an account.

Great! Thanks!

I'm not sure how soon they will be sending them out now that the application cycle has ended. I received an email from MWU a few days after I was verified saying my application was complete. They will send you an email with a link to set up an account.

So I was verified yesterday and received the link in my email today to set up an account. So I set it up today! I'm nervous!

So I was verified yesterday and received the link in my email today to set up an account. So I set it up today! I'm nervous!
Don't be! MWU will probably send you another email when they have received all of your materials. This one will tell you your application is complete! And then.....you wait lol.

Don't be! MWU will probably send you another email when they have received all of your materials. This one will tell you your application is complete! And then.....you wait lol.

Just got the email that everything is complete! Yikes, now the wait.

The patience.......the wait........everything was complete 1st week of September......gah! :poke:

I didn't get an email, but today I was able to select a time to interview on my portal. So if you are still waiting, make sure you check there as well! :)

I didn't get an email, but today I was able to select a time to interview on my portal. So if you are still waiting, make sure you check there as well! :)
Congrats! When was your application verified complete?!

Hi everybody! I've been reading the posts, but haven't made a post yet. I just received an interview offer from Midwestern yesterday on my portal. There were 7 date options. They were on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Some were during November and some were during January. I chose to interview November 8 so I'm really excited even though it's a while away!
VMCAS verified: 9/7
Midwestern portal invite: 9/12
Midwestern application complete: 9/13
Midwestern interview offer: 9/19

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on the invite! I still think it's weird I got waitlisted. I work at my schools admissions office and they've never heard of that before either. I hate the waiting...I just want to know something!!!

So excited to find this thread! I just received the email this morning for me to pick an interview.. I submitted around Sept. 1st.
I will be interviewing on Nov 14th! Yay for all of us. Hope we all can get in! :D

So excited to find this thread! I just received the email this morning for me to pick an interview.. I submitted around Sept. 1st.
I will be interviewing on Nov 14th! Yay for all of us. Hope we all can get in! :D
Congrats! You got an email notification for your interview?

Congrats! You got an email notification for your interview?
Yes, I got an email saying, "Thank you for your interest in the CVM at Midwestern, pleased to extend an interview".. Then it asked me to go on the portal and pick a date.

Thanks for the congrats, hopefully you hear soon! :)

Good luck you guys!! If you have any questions please feel free to message me!

I received an invitation to interview today (9/20) as well! I was verified by VMCAS 9/12 around 1PM and received the portal invitation on 9/14 from Midwestern. All of my options were in November and January so I'll be interviewing 11/16. I'm really excited plus maybe I'll finally get to leave the cold midwest :)

I have an interview on Nov. 16! Does anyone have suggestions on cheaper hotels or whether renting a car is advisable? I'm curious whether it is easy or difficult to find on-campus parking. Any tips would be great!

I have an interview on Nov. 16! Does anyone have suggestions on cheaper hotels or whether renting a car is advisable? I'm curious whether it is easy or difficult to find on-campus parking. Any tips would be great!

I'll be there the same day! I'm planning to take a shuttle from the airport to the Country Inn or uber. The Country Inn provides a shuttle to campus that will drop us off right at admissions. It starts running at 7 Am. The have a decent deal so the hotel room is right around $100. Look forward to seeing you there!

I'll be there the same day! I'm planning to take a shuttle from the airport to the Country Inn or uber. The Country Inn provides a shuttle to campus that will drop us off right at admissions. It starts running at 7 Am. The have a decent deal so the hotel room is right around $100. Look forward to seeing you there!
Thank you! Look forward to seeing you, too! I found out the car deal is pretty low, so that might be a way to go, as well. Or UBER--I didn't think of that :).

Thank you! Look forward to seeing you, too! I found out the car deal is pretty low, so that might be a way to go, as well. Or UBER--I didn't think of that :).

I was told not too rent a car because the insurance would be so high since I am under 25...did you not run into that issue?

I was told not too rent a car because the insurance would be so high since I am under 25...did you not run into that issue?

Become a member of USAA and you will be exempt from the underage fee.

I have my own car insurance and am older than their minimum (by a lot) so that is not an issue for me. I will have to ask them if I can use my insurance. I've done that in the past and assume that would work for them :).

Anyone going for the Nov 14th interview? I live in-state and could help with transport :)

I will be going to the October 5th interview (who else? :)) Super nervous and excited at the same time!!

Does anyone know a more specific date when the admissions committee is meeting next? I was there Wednesday and was super impressed with the school!

I was also there Wednesday and was wondering the same thing. Dr. Gartrell said within two weeks but I'm hoping they meet sooner lol. I was particularly impressed with the hospital!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was also there Wednesday and was wondering the same thing. Dr. Gartrell said within two weeks but I'm hoping they meet sooner lol. I was particularly impressed with the hospital!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I hope so too! It doesn't seem like anyone's been accepted yet, so I'm really hoping that they meet in the next few days to go over everyone from the last three interview dates.

I hope so too! It doesn't seem like anyone's been accepted yet, so I'm really hoping that they meet in the next few days to go over everyone from the last three interview dates.
It's definitely possible. I looked at last year's thread, and some people found out within 5 days of their interview. I'm pretty sure the committee only meets Mondays so we might know early next week.

I was there this Wednesday too! I'm hoping they will meet on Monday since it is the last week of the month. Then we will find out by Wednesday or Thursday! But not sure when they are starting the October interviews so it may still be about 2 weeks. I thought the school was amazing. And the interview was very relaxed for those wondering.