Midwestern University - Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member 225

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I submitted my PharmCAS a few days ago and received an email from Midwestern saying they received it and to create an account. I was wondering who else has received this email and if they received a supplemental application to complete shortly after? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all! I submitted my PharmCAS a few days ago and received an email from Midwestern saying they received it and to create an account. I was wondering who else has received this email and if they received a supplemental application to complete shortly after? Thank you!
I received that email and created an account. I do not believe Glendale has a supplemental. I applied to both campuses and on my account under the Chicago campus it indicates it is waiting/received a supplemental - my page for Glendale does not have this. Also the school pages on PharmCAS do not indicate a supplemental is needed. So I believe we are done for now with that application :) Good luck!!

I received that email and created an account. I do not believe Glendale has a supplemental. I applied to both campuses and on my account under the Chicago campus it indicates it is waiting/received a supplemental - my page for Glendale does not have this. Also the school pages on PharmCAS do not indicate a supplemental is needed. So I believe we are done for now with that application :) Good luck!!

Thank you! I had originally thought there wasn't a supplemental app but when I created an account, under the Pre-Accepted tab there was a supplemental thing to click on so I was really confused haha! When you click on it it says here is no supplemental to complete at this time so I was worried I did something wrong, but I just got another email from MWU - Glendale saying that they received everything and that my app is complete so I guess there isn't! Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello to you all, I received an email this morning from GCP that they had received my completed application. Now I am just waiting for the supplemental app to open as well. I have been told by many that there is a supplemental app, which also includes another 1500 essay. I'm glad there is finally a MWU-GCP 2017 forum, I was beginning to think I may be the only one trying to get into this school this year!

Hello to you all, I received an email this morning from GCP that they had received my completed application. Now I am just waiting for the supplemental app to open as well. I have been told by many that there is a supplemental app, which also includes another 1500 essay. I'm glad there is finally a MWU-GCP 2017 forum, I was beginning to think I may be the only one trying to get into this school this year!

I was thinking the same thing! So there is a supplemental app? Do you know when we will be notified about it? Does it open a certain day or do they open it to only certain applicants?

I was thinking the same thing! So there is a supplemental app? Do you know when we will be notified about it? Does it open a certain day or do they open it to only certain applicants?

I think it gets open to applicants who meet the GPA crtieria (a 2.50 GPA I believe). My PharmCAS app got gpa verified (took them forever!) Best of luck to ya. I'll keep ya updated if i get an interview invite or rejection. I heard they send interviews pretty early in the past.

I called about this because Pharmcas listed there was no supplemental application and the lady in the admissions department said there is no supplemental application for the Glendale campus this year. I think the account set up is the same for both campuses and supplemental tab is for them.

I called about this because Pharmcas listed there was no supplemental application and the lady in the admissions department said there is no supplemental application for the Glendale campus this year. I think the account set up is the same for both campuses and supplemental tab is for them.

Oh okay thank you, that makes sense! Hopefully they will be reviewing apps even earlier then!

Your welcome. I received a email yesterday that they had received my PCAT scores and now my completed application would be reviewed. Hopefully we will all hear something next week. Good luck everyone!

I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!

I haven't received an email or letter yet but I clicked on the schedule interview tab to check and it said I had been invited for an interview. My date options are 9/27 or 9/30.. only problem is I'm due with my third child on the 22.

Good luck everyone!

I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!

I haven't received an email or letter yet but I clicked on the schedule interview tab to check and it said I had been invited for an interview. My date options are 9/27 or 9/30.. only problem is I'm due with my third child on the 22.

Good luck everyone!

Omg congrats!! Thank you for letting me know because I logged on and I DID TOO! Yay! :soexcited: I haven't received an email yet either...weird. O man, of course your interview dates would be then :( I'm thinking about taking the 27th...what about you?

Omg congrats!! Thank you for letting me know because I logged on and I DID TOO! Yay! :soexcited: I haven't received an email yet either...weird. O man, of course your interview dates would be then :( I'm thinking about taking the 27th...what about you?
Congrats to you to! I think we will probably get an email tomorrow. I'm also going to go with the 27th. I have worked 5 years to get to this point so I'm just going to go for it!

Congrats to you to! I think we will probably get an email tomorrow. I'm also going to go with the 27th. I have worked 5 years to get to this point so I'm just going to go for it!

You've earned it! Yay, see you there!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad I checked on this forum today, I saw that I have an interview as well! I'm thinking I will take the 27th. I can imagine admission awaits the first day of interviews to mess with a bunch of prospective students, but I also see that it is on a Friday, so everyone should be happy!

I'm glad I checked on this forum today, I saw that I have an interview as well! I'm thinking I will take the 27th. I can imagine admission awaits the first day of interviews to mess with a bunch of prospective students, but I also see that it is on a Friday, so everyone should be happy!

Yay, congrats!! Everybody loves Friday and hates Monday so I'm hoping that will play into our advantage! Haha

Congrats to all who got an interview ! :) Just wondering if you guys wouldnt mind sharing your gpa and stats, thanks!

Congrats to all who got an interview ! :) Just wondering if you guys wouldnt mind sharing your gpa and stats, thanks!
Mine aren't great:
cGPA-3.51
sGPA-3.15
Pcat Comp- 62, I did really well in math and science but poor in verbal and reading, I ran out of time.
I have 175 pharmacy volunteer hours.
I had great LoR's and I think I wrote a killer essay from the heart.

On a different note- is the 27th the first day of interviews? I feel like I read somewhere that it was.

Absolutely! My PCAT sucks though so don't judge me haha
cGPA - 3.8
sGPA - 3.59
mGPA - 4.0
PCAT - 52 composite --> It was my first time taking it and I didn't really prepare so that was my mistake haha and the verbal killed me :( Darn.

Mine aren't great:
cGPA-3.51
sGPA-3.15
Pcat Comp- 62, I did really well in math and science but poor in verbal and reading, I ran out of time.

On a different note- is the 27th the first day of interviews? I feel like I read somewhere that it was.

I ran out of time on some of my sections as well...it was rushed sometimes! I was wondering the same thing about interviews...it seems like it's the first day considering its so early and the 2 options we were given were the 27th and the 30th but I'm not positive!

cGPA-3.92
sGPA-3.93
PCAT comp-79, I did great in math and science, then bombed verbal and reading (33 & 47 respectively)
No pharmacy experience but over a year at an OB/GYN clinic and a lot of community volunteer hours
Very strong LORs

Also, yes the 27th is the first day of interviews. Since they admit on a rolling basis, this should help out a lot!

I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!

Good luck everyone!

What were your stats if you dont mind me asking

What were your stats if you dont mind me asking

Mine aren't great:
cGPA-3.51
sGPA-3.15

:)

Last edited:
What is everyone planning to wear to the interview?

Last edited:
I will most likely be wearing some slacks, shirt and tie, and a jacket. Dress to impress, you only get one shot!

I will be applying here too.

3.34 Science GPA
3.37 Non Science GPA
72 PCAT (took last year before many classes)
B.S. Biomedical Sciences minor Biomedical Physics
2 years medical assistant experience

Good luck to everyone applying

I just got an interview request today!! Looks like all of 9/27 is filled so I was offered 9/30 or 10/11! :D :D :D

How is everyone getting from the airport -> hotel? hotel -> campus? haha... Trying to see how everyone else is handling it since you have to be on campus by 745am and am unsure of trusting a cab company that early.

I just got an interview request today!! Looks like all of 9/27 is filled so I was offered 9/30 or 10/11! :D :D :D

How is everyone getting from the airport -> hotel? hotel -> campus? haha... Trying to see how everyone else is handling it since you have to be on campus by 745am and am unsure of trusting a cab company that early.

Yay! Congrats! I believe some of the surrounding hotels have shuttle services that could get you to and from Midwestern...I would look into that!

Congrats on the invite! :)

The school sent a formal email with the interview offer which had a list of hotels in the area. A few are listed as having shuttle service available. The hotels I spoke with all seemed familiar with the Midwestern Interviews and that they started at 7:45 etc. Just double check if there are any costs associated with the shuttle (a few places seemed unsure of this).

As for getting from the airport to the hotel, everyone I spoke to recommended the shuttle service (also on the list by Midwestern), as it is apparently very reliable and decently priced.

Good luck!! :)

I schedule my interview for 10/11. It's my first interview, kind of nervous!

I'm on the 11th also :) It's going to come up fast!

Congrats on the invite! :)

The school sent a formal email with the interview offer which had a list of hotels in the area. A few are listed as having shuttle service available. The hotels I spoke with all seemed familiar with the Midwestern Interviews and that they started at 7:45 etc. Just double check if there are any costs associated with the shuttle (a few places seemed unsure of this).

As for getting from the airport to the hotel, everyone I spoke to recommended the shuttle service (also on the list by Midwestern), as it is apparently very reliable and decently priced.

Good luck!! :)
Thank you!!! I called the hotel I booked to make sure, but thank you for the advice :) :)

Good luck to you on the 11th! :D

I schedule my interview for 10/11. It's my first interview, kind of nervous!

I am also scheduled for the 11th. It's also my first interview, not sure how it will turn out. But best of luck to all!!

I was offered interviews for 9/27 and 10/11. Still debating which date to choose...Any advice?

I was offered interviews for 9/27 and 10/11. Still debating which date to choose...Any advice?

Congrats! Well they are both Fridays so I say you can't go wrong with either date! But I guess it depends on if you want the earlier one or if you want a little more time to prepare and practice. Also, check flight and hotel rates...it may sway you one way or another haha

Hello all I applied to both Midwestern in Chicago as well as Glendale. I currently live in Phoenix and see that some people are inquiring about about how to get to the interviews. I am willing to come get anyone from the airport and drive them to their hotels as well as picking up from the hotels to go to the interview as well as back to the airport. I will charge based on where I am taking you but even if I came to get you from the airport and took you to the hotel and then came and got you from the hotel and take you to your interview and back to the airport I wouldnt charge more than 30 bucks. I live very close to the school so it is not a problem especially if you dont want to rent a car and try to navigate our streets. Let me know I am available on Wednesday afternoons and all day Thursday and Friday. I will be taking off for Chicago on Oct 16 to participate in an interview at Midwestern Chicago

Good luck everyone

where did you guys book your hotel? did you call the hotel as instructed on the mwu email or through other sites?

where did you guys book your hotel? did you call the hotel as instructed on the mwu email or through other sites?
I booked at Country Inn and Suites - it was $94.48 for one night but I called them to make sure they had shuttle service from the hotel -> school and they said yes. They had pretty good reviews online, as well!

I used hotels.com just because its a hotel discounting website. I booked my hotel which is 2.5 miles from the campus for less than $60 with average reviews. It will only be a one night stay for me, so I am not looking for 4-5 stars hotels. Saving money on hotel to make up for pricey flights lol.

I booked at Country Inn and Suites - it was $94.48 for one night but I called them to make sure they had shuttle service from the hotel -> school and they said yes. They had pretty good reviews online, as well!

The last time I checked Drury was ~$85/night with the school's discount. From what I read on yelp, the shuttle is free to and from the school. The problem is the early checkout time (11am).

I used hotels.com just because its a hotel discounting website. I booked my hotel which is 2.5 miles from the campus for less than $60 with average reviews. It will only be a one night stay for me, so I am not looking for 4-5 stars hotels. Saving money on hotel to make up for pricey flights lol.

Are you planning on renting a car and driving from the hotel to the school?

I just booked at the Drury Inn; it had pretty good reviews on yelp. It's only a 1 night stay anyways. I'm renting a car to get around and probably go straight to the airport after the interview. If some of you staying at Drury need a lift to school in the morning or to the airport after the interview, let me know.

The last time I checked Drury was ~$85/night with the school's discount. From what I read on yelp, the shuttle is free to and from the school. The problem is the early checkout time (11am).

Are you planning on renting a car and driving from the hotel to the school?
Just leave your bags in the morning at the front desk! And come back after the interview to pick it up :) That's what I am planning to do!

I'm staying at the Drury Inn - partly because it was recommended by the school (I figure they wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't a decent place), decent price after the discount is applied and free shuttle service for the morning of the interview.

I received an interview invite with a PCAT subscore of 26 in reading and 36 in verbal. I defiantly think you have a chance, Good Luck!!!

For those who got interview invites, did you all get at least 50% or more in each subtest? I'm concerned because I took my PCAT today and got 80%+ composite, but had less than 20% on the Reading Comprehension subtest. It's my only subtest under 50%. I'm just trying to see if I even have a chance. Any info would be appreciated.

I got a 30 in verbal. Not sure how that happened haha, but sadly I did :( You will be fine! Good luck!