Midwestern University - Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, same. I wonder if they're still in the middle of reviewing?

I really really hope that's the case! I ended up liking the school and program a lot more than I thought I would!!

Pharmerjohn- Thank you that def helps! Hopefully we see something soon!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, everyone! So who on this page is definitely going to attend CPG? I'm definitely considering going, and I'd just like to know who my future class mates would be :)

Hi, everyone! So who on this page is definitely going to attend CPG? I'm definitely considering going, and I'd just like to know who my future class mates would be :)
I will definitely be there next year! If you haven't added the FB page add it and add me! I'm the female admin :)

Members don't see this ad :)

I will most likely be there next year as well! :) Will add the FB when I get home. I'm currently at work so I can't really go on FB at the moment. :D

Interviewed on Nov 4th and got accepted on their fast track today! To those who were in the group with me, I hope to see you guys next year!

-Huy Nguyen

Interviewed on Nov 4th and got accepted on their fast track today! To those who were in the group with me, I hope to see you guys next year!

-Huy Nguyen

Congrats man!! I'm being really paranoid here, interviewed same day but no word for me yet. What is fast track?? I'm so tempted to call the school and ask for interview feedback, maybe then I would have an idea if it's a yes or no lol

I interviewed on 11/04 and heard back on 11/05. I'll definitely be going to Midwestern. I've joined the Facebook page, and I hope to see some of you guys next year!

Congratulations to those who got accepted and good luck to the ones waiting for an acceptance. I interviewed 11/04 and haven't heard back yet. I thought I did great on my interview, so I'm just hoping for the best. To the students who got accepted, does your matriculation status change when on the mobile version of the website? And just to confirm, the assistant dean was saying that he would most likely give us a final decision by this Friday?

Congratulations to those who got accepted and good luck to the ones waiting for an acceptance. I interviewed 11/04 and haven't heard back yet. I thought I did great on my interview, so I'm just hoping for the best. To the students who got accepted, does your matriculation status change when on the mobile version of the website? And just to confirm, the assistant dean was saying that he would most likely give us a final decision by this Friday?

Yup that's what he said! I was hoping we would all find out before Friday but I guess some of us have to wait longer? Friday isn't too far away though! I felt like I did really well during my interview too! Hopefully we hear something soon!

Is there anyone from 11/01 who hasn't heard back?

On the mobile website, I can see the Accepted Student Checklist and Matriculation agreement, haven't got a phone call or letter yet though. For the interview on 11/04, I remember the assistant dean saying the final decision would be given on Friday.

Yup that's what he said! I was hoping we would all find out before Friday but I guess some of us have to wait longer? Friday isn't too far away though! I felt like I did really well during my interview too! Hopefully we hear something soon!

Is there anyone from 11/01 who hasn't heard back?
I interviewed on 11/1 and haven't heard back :(. I knew I did really well on my interview too because the student on my interview panel is my friend's friend. I had my friend ask him some insider stuff regarding my interview and be said I did the best out of the whole panel. I hope I hear back soon :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I interviewed on 11/1 and haven't heard back :(. I knew I did really well on my interview too because the student on my interview panel is my friend's friend. I had my friend ask him some insider stuff regarding my interview and be said I did the best out of the whole panel. I hope I hear back soon :(

That's awesome! I hope you get in!! Wow, did they tell you you would hear by a certain date? I'm so antsy waiting for this.

I felt my interview went really well, but there was one question that threw me off and I had to ask the interviewer if I understood the question, and he said "it's ok let's move on" I feel like that question might be the death of me :( but other than that I felt really good about it. Guess we just have to wait it out.

@gchang: don't worry. The associate dean did say we will hear from them on Friday so don't lose faith.

@doubyousee: When I logged on to the portal homepage, instead of applicant checklist, I now see "Accepted Student Checklist" and the Matriculation page asks me to deposit $1000. I interviewed on Friday 11/1, saw the changes in the portal and got a voice mail on Tuesday 11/5.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I received my interview invite last week and am trying to figure out when to go. I live on the East Coast and this is one of my first interviews so I'm trying to push it off later to find a better plane ticket price and see if any other schools get back to me. Is there an expiration on the invite? I know each week I delay the less seats will be available but I'm more so worried they might rescind the invite if I don't get back to them soon.

@gchang: don't worry. The associate dean did say we will hear from them on Friday so don't lose faith.

@doubyousee: When I logged on to the portal homepage, instead of applicant checklist, I now see "Accepted Student Checklist" and the Matriculation page asks me to deposit $1000. I interviewed on Friday 11/1, saw the changes in the portal and got a voice mail on Tuesday 11/5.

Congrats!! :)

For those who are still waiting, don’t lose hope you guys! I remember the assistant dean said that it could take up to 2 weeks to hear back and that the decisions could be: accepted, alternate listed, or rejected. He also said that they rarely reject anyone right after unless the person completely butchered the interview. Even if you’re on the alternate list, you still have a good chance as it’s still relatively early in the overall interviewing process – people will still be interviewing well into the spring of next year! If you’re alternate listed, they will review your application again throughout the cycle and compare it with later applicants. Therefore, if your grades went up or your PCAT scores went up (they will look at your January PCAT if you do decide to retake it), make sure you update those info ASAP because they will help your case. I wish you all the very best of luck! :)

For those who will be interviewing in the next few weeks, I found the interview section of SDN extremely helpful when prepping. I think just about every question that I was asked was on there in some form or another, and I was asked a total of 6 questions. I know I at least did okay during my interview because the interviewers were all engaged, nodded in approval to each other, and said “wow” several times. When prepping for my interview, I did not write out answers for each question, but instead I brainstormed talking points for each questions. Using talking points will help you sound glib and less rehearsed, yet to the point. It’s also important to try to “Wow” them, but don’t exaggerate and be honest or it will show! Lastly, come up with good questions to ask each member of your interview panel (you most likely have 1 professor, 1 proctor, and 1 third year student) so that all are involved and none are bored with you lol… I found the information on this site invaluable while prepping, so I’m doing my part in contributing to help others that follow. Good luck everyone! :)

I've been checking non stop for an acceptance lol. I'm sure a couple of you can relate.

For those who are still waiting, don’t lose hope you guys! I remember the assistant dean said that it could take up to 2 weeks to hear back and that the decisions could be: accepted, alternate listed, or rejected. He also said that they rarely reject anyone right after unless the person completely butchered the interview. Even if you’re on the alternate list, you still have a good chance as it’s still relatively early in the overall interviewing process – people will still be interviewing well into the spring of next year! If you’re alternate listed, they will review your application again throughout the cycle and compare it with later applicants. Therefore, if your grades went up or your PCAT scores went up (they will look at your January PCAT if you do decide to retake it), make sure you update those info ASAP because they will help your case. I wish you all the very best of luck! :)

For those who will be interviewing in the next few weeks, I found the interview section of SDN extremely helpful when prepping. I think just about every question that I was asked was on there in some form or another, and I was asked a total of 6 questions. I know I at least did okay during my interview because the interviewers were all engaged, nodded in approval to each other, and said “wow” several times. When prepping for my interview, I did not write out answers for each question, but instead I brainstormed talking points for each questions. Using talking points will help you sound glib and less rehearsed, yet to the point. It’s also important to try to “Wow” them, but don’t exaggerate and be honest or it will show! Lastly, come up with good questions to ask each member of your interview panel (you most likely have 1 professor, 1 proctor, and 1 third year student) so that all are involved and none are bored with you lol… I found the information on this site invaluable while prepping, so I’m doing my part in contributing to help others that follow. Good luck everyone! :)
Thanks for the words of encouragement! You interviewed on 11/1 too? Did we meet? Which panel were you on? Not sure if we did interact but I was the first girl to be called up for an interview if that helps :p haha

Thanks for the words of encouragement! You interviewed on 11/1 too? Did we meet? Which panel were you on? Not sure if we did interact but I was the first girl to be called up for an interview if that helps :p haha

Ya, I interviewed on 11/1, but I'm not sure if we spoke. I was on panel C and I sat at one of the smaller tables to the left when coming in from the hallway. I was the Asian guy with glasses haha... Our group went on the campus tour first, so I can't really recall who got interviewed in which order on the first group. Anyway, good luck and I hope you guys hear back soon! :)

Anyone get accepted other than on Tuesday 11/05?

I have a feeling it'll take the full 2 weeks to hear a response :'(

MY PORTAL JUST CHANGED!! I'm guessing I got accepted? The accepted student checklist showed up with all my stuff!

People that have been waiting, go check your portal!

With the rate things are going, I am afraid that all the seats will be taken before I even get a chance to interview. Midwestern is one of my preferred choices because I want to stay in the state. Does anyone know how many seats are left?(<60?)

MY PORTAL JUST CHANGED!! I'm guessing I got accepted? The accepted student checklist showed up with all my stuff!

Congrats!!! :)

With the rate things are going, I am afraid that all the seats will be taken before I even get a chance to interview. Midwestern is one of my preferred choices because I want to stay in the state. Does anyone know how many seats are left?(<60?)

Based on last year's thread, seats are shifted quite a bit throughout the application cycle (people accepted and people declining their acceptance), so you should be fine if you put in your application soon. :)

guess i didnt get in since portal is still empty and assistant dean said we should know by friday

WOOOO HIGH FIVE GCHANG, i got the portal change too! Did you get an email or call? Congrats!!

I got accepted too! just called to confirm! I interviewed on the 4th...very fast turnaround for the response! Good luck to everyone else!

anyone here have not gotten a response yet that interview on 11/4

WOOOO HIGH FIVE GCHANG, i got the portal change too! Did you get an email or call? Congrats!!
YEAH CONGRATS! :D I remember we were both still sulking yesterday too LOL I haven't gotten an email or a call but everything on the portal has changed. I'll see if they call or email on Monday.

I just got accepted into MWU chicago too and they sent me an email right away. Not sure why glendale is so slow :p

I've been checking non stop for an acceptance lol. I'm sure a couple of you can relate.
I'm pretty sure they take into account how many times you log in and hit refresh. That's probably what helped. Either that or watching Thor last night.

I see a lot of you are stressing a bit about hearing back or receiving interviews. Back when I was applying I didn't get an interview until February, then waited 2-3 weeks, found out I was on hold but was eventually accepted in mid March. I hope I can put you at ease a bit because I was quite late interviewing and still made it. I know it can be difficult to wait but take a breath. The fact that you got the interview means you're 90% of the way there. If you made an interview at this point of the year there's nothing to worry about =] you're in a great position. Patience is all you need! Hope that puts a few of you at ease!

Congrats to those who have been accepted! I look forward to you as my future colleagues! Cheers.

I'm pretty sure they take into account how many times you log in and hit refresh. That's probably what helped. Either that or watching Thor last night.

hahaha... that's too funny. Thanks for the laugh! :D

Congrats to everyone that recently got accepted! I look forward to meeting some of you next year! :)

I see a lot of you are stressing a bit about hearing back or receiving interviews. Back when I was applying I didn't get an interview until February, then waited 2-3 weeks, found out I was on hold but was eventually accepted in mid March. I hope I can put you at ease a bit because I was quite late interviewing and still made it. I know it can be difficult to wait but take a breath. The fact that you got the interview means you're 90% of the way there. If you made an interview at this point of the year there's nothing to worry about =] you're in a great position. Patience is all you need! Hope that puts a few of you at ease!

Congrats to those who have been accepted! I look forward to you as my future colleagues! Cheers.

This is definitely true, seeing how many people got in from the alternate list from previous years. Try to relax and good luck to everyone that's still waiting! :)

I have a question about housing for first years. Is it possible to live about an hour away and still do everything that needs to be done the first year? Living a mile away would be ideal, but what are some of your thoughts on living so far away?

I have a question about housing for first years. Is it possible to live about an hour away and still do everything that needs to be done the first year? Living a mile away would be ideal, but what are some of your thoughts on living so far away?

This really depends on you. I know a recent graduate who worked 30hrs/week throughout the program (P1-P3), and our pharmacy is about 1 hr drive (give or take) across town. It's certainly doable, but again, that really depends on you.

It's a hell of a lot easier to live close IMO. Especially if you'd like to be involved with extracurricular activities/ group studying ect. But living an hour away is completely doable. Keep in mind the time spent driving could be spent studying too and as you go on through the curriculum there are some days were every hour counts. On a side note I live across the street and love it!

How much are taxis around here? I am under 25 so renting a car will be a little more spendy.

How much are taxis around here? I am under 25 so renting a car will be a little more spendy.
When I was there for my interview, I felt like taxis were non existent. Not 100% sure though since I'm not from the area so if someone from the Phoenix/Glendale area could clarify?

Congrats to all those accepted!!!
Would any of you mind posting your stats.

Pharmcas gpa: 2.94
Pcat: 92
2 years retail pharmacy technician
2 years hospital volunteer
3 years prepharm mentor
6 months private tutoring

I thought I did great on the interview too

Is anyone interviewing this upcoming Monday, November 18th?

Withdrew my acceptance today. It was really hard to give this school up so good luck to everyone else! :)

Has anyone who interviewed Nov. 15 heard back or saw their MWU portal change?

Has anyone who interviewed Nov. 15 heard back or saw their MWU portal change?

When's the due date for completing all the check-list items? I have to make the deposit by 11/30 but I'm not sure the due dates for the other tasks.

People that interviewed on Nov 15th, could you post your status whether you are still waiting or accepted? thanks!