Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Midwestern University IL Interview questions

Discussion in 'Occupational Therapy [ O.T.D ]' started by john135, 01.09.13.

1. john135

john135

SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hey yall,

I have an interview coming up with MWU-IL.I have found some questions on the forums, but I would like to know if there are any others?

Are these all of them? Do they ask anything else other than this? And ethical questions?
  2. callmefrancine

callmefrancine

Rehab Sci Student
    Thanks for posting this, John 135 - it's very helpful. Does anyone know if the Midwestern (IL) interviews are individual or group interviews? I had a group interview at Rush, and it felt very strange to me.
  3. john135

john135

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I had my interview. There will be a group of you showing up. 8 to be exact. There will be a quick meeting with th department head about the program. After that, she and a couple other professors will interview you.

It's not that bad. They ask you "why OT", "how do you deal with a stressful workload of MWU" and "Why Midwestern". You are interviewed 2 times by 2 different people. One of them is 15 min and the other is 30 min. Both asked the same questions. Sorta.

Keep in mind Midwestern is 60k a year. For three years. It's program is very excessive. It is 132 credit hours for the program and operates on a quarter system. It seems to be a money making machine rather than producing OTs.
  4. callmefrancine

callmefrancine

Rehab Sci Student
    John, it's actually not excessive at all. The $60k figure includes all of your living expenses - the actual tuition is really comparable to most other private school programs. I was impressed with the program.
  5. OTdreamer

OTdreamer

Psychology Student
    Does anyone know if Midwestern is still inviting people for interviews?
  6. john135

john135

SDN 2+ Year Member
    If you take the 11,000 allocated for rent or dorming (though its a bit cheaper but not by much), 2000 for transportation, your still at ~50,000 for a three year program. 150,000 is a lot compared to other programs that I've seen. This with undergrad will put average students well over 200,000 dollars. That's a bit less than what medical school costs.

OTDream, I think they're still doing interviews. Call them and ask. They're pretty nice about telling you info like that.
  7. callmefrancine

callmefrancine

Rehab Sci Student
    Just to follow up - Midwestern's is not a three-year program; the whole program is 27 months, which I believe is the same as Rush. I don't want anyone to be misled.
  8. wja91

wja91

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Hi John,

I have an interview at MWU-IL next Monday. I was wondering if you could be more specific with what questions they asked?

Thank you!
  9. john135

john135

SDN 2+ Year Member
    "Why do you want to do OT"
    "How would you deal with the stress/amount of work (I assumed in terms of the difficulty) of the program"
    "Are you a leader"
    "Why MW"

Do NOT talk about other programs. Do not compare because these people teach at other programs. Give them the crap they want to hear. I tried being honest about how I would deal with the stress of a program saying I lock down and study away the material, and she didn't really buy it. See my other post about this.

Those are the ones I remember. Good luck. Also, keep in mind the cost of the program...I thought it was 60k for the whole MOT. I was wrong.
  10. wja91

wja91

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Thank you for the heads up about not comparing to other programs. Did they tell you how many spots they had filled out of the 46 yet?

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal