Midwestern University MABS 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WelcometoBasedWorld

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was just accepted to this program and was wondering if anyone else trolling these forums would be attending. I've heard good things but just looking for what others think

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I was just accepted to this program and was wondering if anyone else trolling these forums would be attending. I've heard good things but just looking for what others think

AZ or IL? If AZ, hit me up. I'm currently in it and can answer any of your questions that you may have!

Hey! I just recently applied to this program in both AZ and IL. How quick was the interview/acceptance process for you guys? What exactly did that look like? Any extra insight would be helpful! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was talking about the Illinois program actually but thanks!

At least for the Illinois program there is no interview. It only took like 2 or 3 weeks for them to get back to me so it's pretty quick. I don't know if the AZ process is different. Good luck!

AZ has a phone interview that was very relaxed and friendly. Questions vary since it depends on who interviews you, but most of the interviewers are professors that teach in the masters program.

If you have decent stats, they call you pretty quickly, and you are alerted within 2 weeks of your status.

Just got into midwestern's MA program along with Tufts MBS program. Trying to decide between the two. Anyone care to share their thoughts/advice?

Any current or past Midwestern students want to share their experiences?

Just got into midwestern's MA program along with Tufts MBS program. Trying to decide between the two. Anyone care to share their thoughts/advice?

Any current or past Midwestern students want to share their experiences?

IL or AZ? I'm still waiting to hear back! And do you mind sharing when you were complete?

Il

Completed it three weeks ago and heard back two days ago. but trying to decide so if anyone can share thoughts and opinions id love it

Il

Completed it three weeks ago and heard back two days ago. but trying to decide so if anyone can share thoughts and opinions id love it
That makes me so nervous. I was complete 3/4 and still waiting! I have heard great things about MWU MABS. It really prepares you for their first year of med school!

But are they mostly linked to their DO school? is that where most students go? Because Im using an SMP to increase my chance at an MD school. and if mwu can do that and because of its location, itd be a no brainer

and its not guaranteed admission to their med school right?

But are they mostly linked to their DO school? is that where most students go? Because Im using an SMP to increase my chance at an MD school. and if mwu can do that and because of its location, itd be a no brainer

They are really vague about that information. From their website it looks like only half the people got into one of the MWU health professional schools. There is no guaranteed admission, but only a guaranteed interview after two quarters of completing the program if you have a min 3.0 and a mcat within a standard deviation of the previously accepted class!

Last edited:
That makes me so nervous. I was complete 3/4 and still waiting! I have heard great things about MWU MABS. It really prepares you for their first year of med school!
I was complete 3/3 and still haven't heard back. Hoping we hear something soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I just recently applied to this program in both AZ and IL. How quick was the interview/acceptance process for you guys? What exactly did that look like? Any extra insight would be helpful! Thank you!
I got accepted into the MBS program starting this fall in IL. I got accepted pretty quickly, no interviews.

Hello! this message is for the MBS at IL campus! Ive created a Facebook group: Midwestern IL MBS 18 please add yourself! I am looking for a roommate (I'm from Michigan) And i thought the Facebook group would be great to communicate throughout our school experience.

Hi! I was wondering if the interviews are still over the phone for the AZ MABS program. I got an email to be on campus for the interview, but wasn't sure if there is an option to do it over the phone as I am working out of state at the moment.

Hey guys,

For those who applied to Midwestern's MABS (either IL or AZ campuses)what MCAT score did you apply with? I can't seem to find a score that they're looking for. Thanks!!

Also looking at this program. Has anyone from IL area visited the campus? How's it like?

Very interested in this program. leaning towards it more and more.

However, I have been waitlisted at two other DO schools and waiting to hear back. If I dont get pulled off, I will obvi attend this program. HOWEVER,
do you guys think itd be stupid of me to not take the acceptance, finish my master's here first, then go to med school after?

I am only asking this because I want to be the MOST mentally prepared i can be before entering medical school. I feel like this will give me an opportunity to be even more prepared in terms of the content (since I will see this stuff again when i do enter medical school i can absolutely crush it relative to seeing it the first time) and in terms of mentally prepping myself. Because its only a 9month program, I wouldnt be wasting too much time. and i see this as a good transition period/step between undergrad and med school.

What do you guys think?

Has anyone heard if the MABS or MBS program is better? I applied to the MABS but trying to figure out which one is best for dental school!

Just found out I was placed as an alternate for the AZ program unfortunately and was wondering if anyone knows how many/if any people are taking off the alternate list? congrats on everyone who was accepted!

Just accepted! Does anyone know where they are living yet

Congrats to everyone that got accepted! I was accepted to the Illinois one on Tuesday, but I will be declining to go medical school. Hopefully, one of you guys waiting will hear back soon! Best of Luck!

Congrats to everyone that got accepted! I was accepted to the Illinois one on Tuesday, but I will be declining to go medical school. Hopefully, one of you guys waiting will hear back soon! Best of Luck!
Congrats! Looks like you don't have to re-take the MCAT after all!

Reactions: 1 user
What is the phone interview like? Also would you recommend this program only for DO linked med school of can you go here with hopes of going other places after doing well?

Interested in hearing back from people who went to the Downers Grove. IL 9 months MABS here in previous years to see how it affects applying to dental school. If anyone can provide any insight or stats from your graduating class, it would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user
Interested in hearing back from people who went to the Downers Grove. IL 9 months MABS here in previous years to see how it affects applying to dental school. If anyone can provide any insight or stats from your graduating class, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently a student in the IL MABS program. One thing I can tell you is that this program is very expensive and definitely very challenging. I can't speak for the the pre-med students, but for us pre-dents we were told that almost everyone from previous years had gotten accepted into the program if they met the articulation agreement by the end of second quarter and got an interview. However this year, things seemed to have changed and people aren't sure why. Out of the 80 people in my program, I'd say about 30 of us are pre-dents. I think only around 8 have been accepted into CDMI. Most people that interviewed have been waitlisted although they have high stats and meet/exceed requirements. If you plan to attend this program just know that you will be working very hard (we had about 3 exams a week during winter quarter while being in class 8-5 some days) and there certainly are no guarantees. I would recommend also applying to other dental schools; this worked out for me. I'll be attending dental school starting in the fall in my home state.

Can anyone currently in the program speak to their classes DO acceptance rate?

I'm currently a student in the IL MABS program. One thing I can tell you is that this program is very expensive and definitely very challenging. I can't speak for the the pre-med students, but for us pre-dents we were told that almost everyone from previous years had gotten accepted into the program if they met the articulation agreement by the end of second quarter and got an interview. However this year, things seemed to have changed and people aren't sure why. Out of the 80 people in my program, I'd say about 30 of us are pre-dents. I think only around 8 have been accepted into CDMI. Most people that interviewed have been waitlisted although they have high stats and meet/exceed requirements. If you plan to attend this program just know that you will be working very hard (we had about 3 exams a week during winter quarter while being in class 8-5 some days) and there certainly are no guarantees. I would recommend also applying to other dental schools; this worked out for me. I'll be attending dental school starting in the fall in my home state.

Does your postbac class have a facebook group? Im trying to find housing and if you guys are moving out of your apartments if you could give me a heads up on where would be a great place to live/where the majority of kids in your class tend to live it would be greatly appreciated! I literally no nothing about the area and am too far to drive!

Hey all, it looks like I will be starting this program in the Fall. Does anyone have any idea what courses we will be taking the first quarter?

Anybody who has gone here previously know if The Pines or The Redwood dorms are better? I heard some of the dorms dont have AC dont want to get stuck in a bad one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hey all! I just had my phone interview today! Everything went great! The interview was very informal and we went off topics and talked about some other things. Im hoping to hear good news soon!

Anyone know the deadline for applying to this program?

@futuredds0420 is there a way I can PM you? I just had some questions about the MABS program in IL , please and thank you

Can you, or anyone who reads this message, attest to the MCAT score requirements? I got a 491 :( wondering if that is way too low for an acceptance to the school.

Hey, I did this program last year and got into CCOM. The program is tough, especially during winter quarter. Everyone who interviewed got accepted here or in AZ, albeit some just this week. If you guys have questions, let me know

Can anyone currently in the program speak to their classes DO acceptance rate?
Of those interviewed, about 8 got accepted by the end of the year while the rest were wait listed. Over the summer and up until this week, a lot of us got pulled off. Some people interviewed as a call in before the articulation agreement took into effect; not sure what that was based on. I was involved a lot on campus and got three new recs from faculty here and didn't get accepted until this past Monday. So I'm not sure what they look for anymore