Midwestern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cyndee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've applied to Midwestern but I realized I don't know too much about the program other than what my friend who goes there has told me. I'm originally from Chicago so I already love the city and my family will be close by. I haven't been accepted yet but I'd like to know if anyone has any opinions or information about them so I can prepare myself for either a rejection or acceptance. My stats aren't too great and I have an average GRE score but I've got awesome letters of recommendation and a pretty darn good personal statement. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I was also curious if anyone had more information on MWU if it is a good PT school or not. I have an interview with them as well as Rosalind franklin in Chicago. which school is a better PT school? if anyone has info on these two please share!

I've applied to Midwestern but I realized I don't know too much about the program other than what my friend who goes there has told me. I'm originally from Chicago so I already love the city and my family will be close by. I haven't been accepted yet but I'd like to know if anyone has any opinions or information about them so I can prepare myself for either a rejection or acceptance. My stats aren't too great and I have an average GRE score but I've got awesome letters of recommendation and a pretty darn good personal statement. Any thoughts are appreciated!

I applied there too! From what I hear, it is a pretty good school! One of my friends went there for the osteopathic program and she loved the school! Her friends that went through the PT program loved it!

Cyndee, don't worry about your stats! Stats do not make a good physical therapist! It's the desire and passion to become a great physical therapist that makes you stand out! Many people will try and dispute this statement by saying stats are all that matters, but there is sooooo much more you can do to enhance you application! There is a whole world out there full of opportunities to volunteer/work! Keep your head up! Good things come to those who wait ;)