This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cactusinmyhead

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
when was your AMCAS complete & when were your secondaries complete

Probably YACVS. (yet another California viciousness story)

Members don't see this ad :)
gyngyn- Do you think the activities I mentioned that I have been doing this year (working in a medical center and volunteering in a nursing home) will be enough clinical experience if I continue until turning my application in?

What do you think about the letter from my research mentor? If I suspect it was bad or so-so should I just take it out? I'm not sure how to assess this.

A better school list?
All you need now is a list of at least a dozen schools that might interview you.
CA schools don't really count. If you apply to them all again, that is the equivalent of two schools in your dozen .
How were your interviews, btw (not that anyone can tell!)

So I interviewed super early at USC (September). And I generally think I'm a VERY bad interviewer. But I actually think my interview went well! We went over time, just flowing in conversation. They had to knock on the door a few times to get us out...which I thought was a good sign. And my interviewer even told me I did a "really good job". But my interviewer might have just been nice.

My other interview at another school went horribly. I was just so nervous because I knew I'd been waitlisted at USC and suspected this would be my last interview. And I got outright rejected...not even waitlisted. So I think I read that situation well. I knew I bombed.
Sounds like some mock interviews are in order. Does your school offer this type of assistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.