Military residency application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rib50

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question for current military residency applicants:

For Navy applicants, we are allowed to apply for two specialities per the instruction, but the website didn’t have options to choose training sites for the second speciality. If any one applying for two speciality and knows the trick, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

For the AF there is a separate sheet of paper we need to upload indicating if we have a second choice, and if we do, what it is and our ranking of locations.
I would email your POC and ask for clarification, there have been a few hiccups but they seem to be working through them well

Question for current military residency applicants:

For Navy applicants, we are allowed to apply for two specialities per the instruction, but the website didn’t have options to choose training sites for the second speciality. If any one applying for two speciality and knows the trick, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

I actually sent an email to the GME2 coordinator asking just this question. Her response was that you put in your two specialties then rank your locations. There is no ranking of specialties because the two boards are independent of one and other. My understanding is that they know you are applying for another field but because there is no way for you to rank specialties on your application they dont know which is your first choice (unless you tell them during the interview).